*****Official Rangers vs Shkupi match thread*****

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Same starting 11 although I would love a better alternative to Windass. Maybe bring Murphy into the centre and play Middleton wide  

3-0 us. 

Middleton isn’t better than Windass

This should be a good night for us. I would expect them to be a fairly decent but they will never have played in front of a crowd anything like the size of the one they will next week, you would like to think that will really lift our players and though last night was a friendly the aggression and work rate our team showed was encouraging for the future for sure.

24 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Feel free to elaborate...

Then again what's the point when you wish to drop Windass for Middleton.

Windass was better and more effective than Candeias last night but drop him aye?

Ok here we go, Windass is a lazy player who won’t tackle but you want him instead of Candeias.

Windass couldn’t  find someone in the box if you gave him a road mate, Middleton can.

You want to play a poor defender in place of a premiership standard defender who in 45mins showed more defensive capabilities than John showed for a whole  season. 

So aye when you want to give up the drugs feel free. ??

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Ok here we go, Windass is a lazy player who won’t tackle but you want him instead of Candeias.

Windass couldn’t  find someone in the box if you gave him a road mate, Middleton can.

You want to play a poor defender in place of a premiership standard defender who in 45mins showed more defensive capabilities than John showed for a whole  season. 

Windass won’t tackle but carved out a good chance for himself last night by winning the ball back for himself, driving into the box and was unlucky not to score. Also saying he can’t find someone in the box is just a load of shite because he put in a few dangerous balls yesterday.

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

Windass won’t tackle but carved out a good chance for himself last night by winning the ball back for himself, driving into the box and was unlucky not to score. Also saying he can’t find someone in the box is just a load of shite because he put in a few dangerous balls yesterday.

To no one. 

You want Windass fair enough, I want somebody better. 

6 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Gerrard doesn't want a wide man in the mould of Candeias which is why he's dropped him into midfield and put Windass on the right.

Windass found Morelos in the box with a cross for him to score his goal.

5 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Gerrard doesn't want a wide man in the mould of Candeias which is why he's dropped him into midfield and put Windass on the right.

Windass found Morelos in the box with a cross for him to score his goal.

Windass can’t play on the right. 

From more or less a dead ball and I have serious doubts he was actually aiming for Mo. His delivery into the box from open play is terrible. 

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

A 'Premiership standard' player? Seriously? Do you rate Dorrans by any chance? 

Imagine bigging up a 45 minute 'defensive' display in a FRIENDLY against garbage like Bury, fucking hell mate. ?

Think you may be on drugs or drunk as that post was horrendous mate.

Says the guy who would play John in defence before Flanagan. ?? And yes Flanagan has played at a far higher level than John, Dorrans fit and played in the proper position would piss over this league. 

Got a feeling you wouldn’t want Flanagan even if he was the best defender on the planet. 

2 hours ago, Broxi said:

Can't go 2 minutes on this forum without seeing people slating Windass and honestly it's so fucking boring

The whole squad went with Gerrard to Spain for 10 days, yet he was the only one last night who still looked utter pish. 

38 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

The whole squad went with Gerrard to Spain for 10 days, yet he was the only one last night who still looked utter pish. 

I have to agree with that. He seems so awkward in what he does and a lad behind me was giving him some stick when he pulled out of a 50/50 in the 2nd half. 

The John/Flanagan argument is easy for me, last night Flanagan was much better IMO, so I would start him on Thursday. That does not mean John is on the scrapheap just on last night's showing I would not start him the next game. 

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I have to agree with that. He seems so awkward in what he does and a lad behind me was giving him some stick when he pulled out of a 50/50 in the 2nd half. 

The John/Flanagan argument is easy for me, last night Flanagan was much better IMO, so I would start him on Thursday. That does not mean John is on the scrapheap just on last night's showing I would not start him the next game. 

Flanagan is better defensively imo, but John has the pace to hurt teams to going forward. 

Good options nonetheless. 

Archived