*****Official Rangers vs Shkupi match thread*****

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too many missed chances, but we never really looked in trouble. Shkupi looked very capable in terms of quick one touch play. Will be interesting to see how they play the second leg.

Our two late subs looked tricky, particularly Middleton.

Just now, gogzy said:

I'd start Middleton on Tuesday.  

Will the new loan guys be able to play, are we not allowed to register two wildcards?

I think (THINK) that we can register both. One as a wildcard and the other as Alves’ replacement.

Just now, Ryju84 said:

Ejaria should start every game

He didn't impress me at all,  looked like he has a trick or two, but he always seems to want to turn away from goal.

The Center backs strolled it though, which makes a nice change.

Just now, eejay the dj said:

It's absolutely miles better than we were last year at this stage 

That is a big positive 

Standouts were  CG ,Arfield 

Early doors but to say we are miles better is stretching it EJ , we are winnin fuck all if thats the standard we are playing at.

Can only hope we get better........

Middleton making a difference, his pace and directness will be useful in the 2nd leg.

At least we’ve kept a clean sheet and there’s now a bit of breathing space now. In the end we have to be happy with the win, but let’s hope there’s a massive improvement to come.

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

We started brightly but had a nightmare of a second half. I think the players might have felt a helluva lot of pressure on them.. 

And that is something that has to change, otherwise we will still have shite home record, just like last years. 50 000 home fans are a privilege, not a burden, the players better understand that. 

Middleton just keeps digging in. None of this giving up when he gets tackled. And he looks to have a good bit of ability. Loves to beat a man and get to the bye line. This boy deserves to be given his chance. I'm sure the manager sees it and he will get more and more game time

Just now, gogzy said:

He didn't impress me at all,  looked like he has a trick or two, but he always seems to want to turn away from goal.

The Center backs strolled it though, which makes a nice change.

Once he and Middleton came on we looked like a team that could score, that could outplay 2 or 3 players and still get something instead of falling over.

2 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I'd start Middleton on Tuesday.  

Will the new loan guys be able to play, are we not allowed to register two wildcards?

I believe so, just waiting on the international clearance.

Really surprised by Ejaria, everything I had read about him was that he's just a ball winning midfielder.... he looked really skilful and confident in possession.  Him and Middleton have to start from now on.

Solid win overall, should've been more goals but will definitely take this.

They need to come out next week from the off. At 1-0 they could still sit in. Now we can piss about with the ball for the full 90 next week and not give a fuck.

Hopefully we put them to the sword early on and give them the tanking they deserve.

Credit to them though. They defended well. I can't complain too much about that tactic given where it got us in 2008. It is just irritating when you are on the receiving end!!

Must say that was underwhelming, our goals came off poor goalkeeping and a soft penalty.

Middleton should be starting ahead of Windass, I thought we were far to slow and ponderous until him and Ejaria added a bit of urgency to our game.

We have some big lads in the box now so why are we taking short corners with no plan and allowing the opposition the chance to shut us down, baffling.

At least we got the 2nd goal, I would’ve been less than confident going to the Macedonian heat with 1-0

Archived