*****Official Rangers vs Shkupi match thread*****

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Meanwhile the spoonburners lay waste to even better shite than the shite we are playing.

The team they played are part-time, we played a full-time professional team.

You're objectively wrong.

5 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

He's too slow in making his mind up and tries to dive into tackles that just are not there. Hopefully he comes on to be a player but having heart isn't all he needs

He’s supposed to be a defensive midfielder but his performances at centre half showed he doesn’t have defensive awareness and struggles to read the play, leading as you say to him diving in early or leaving it too late. He’s just a young lad but I’m struggling to see any real stand out qualities to suggest he’s the answer in the middle of the park.

Windass has something but he's wasted on the wing imo. Didn't think the selection worked too well on the rhs going forward.

Defence looked solid for the most part, one huge gap left in behind that they got into when Tav was forward but decent overall. 

Arfield and McCrorie looked decent but there needs to be more creativity in there. Jack disappointed.  

4 minutes ago, craigyrfc11 said:

Osijek drew 1 -1 with part timers bring it on Lets GO.

A watched the game on a stream, the 2 cunts on it says the winner of the next round tie plays beskitas, is that correct?

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

The return should be interesting, they never really troubled us and sat in most of the first half, we lost the plot up front second half which disappoints me as I hoped Gerrard would see things to exploit.

They did have a go second half but we handled that ok.

Maybe if they give us more space up front we can nick an away goal or two.

Second goal makes all the difference,assuming they don't score an early goal it should open up for us.

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

We had about 75% possesion and must have had about 15 shots at goal.

It's not as bad as the progress game.

There are definite positives to take from tonight,  we played some cracking football in the first half.

I think there's just a bit of trepidation with us not putting the game to bed. Fast better than the progress game and can see there is more to come, rather than knowing that was as good as it gets

2 minutes ago, shaka said:

Hope we get a better ref in the second leg who doesn't fall for their constant diving and play acting.   Also they got away with a lot of shirt pulling..... where's VAR when you need it?!

Let's be honest our penalty wasn't a penalty

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

THIS!

All day long, but ffs, don't tell their fan club.

The three biggest losers we have.

Tav, thinks he's a player, Morelos thinks he's a great player and Winderse thinks he's still at school. You couldn't make even a decent shite out of the three of them.

Tav's our Captain. Can't think of anything more embarassing. Just handed another title to the tranny shagger.

Meanwhile the spoonburners lay waste to even better shite than the shite we are playing.

Flip-flop

Bit underwhelming.  With that said if our defence can keep registering clean sheets and be hard to break we will be fine.  I thought Tav was caught miles out of position a couple of times tonight and a better team may have exploited it.  They ended up hitting the bar one of those times.  Middleton looks an absolute gem but I wouldn't start him away.  Windass could have had a couple goals on another day.  Middleton is going to push Candeias or Murphy hard for a starting jersey in the next few months.

We looked like we are lacking an attacking mid and someone with presence up front to me.  I'm not convinced Murphy and Candeias are actually good enough to play for us either.

Oh well, we scored plenty last year so maybe if we have sorted the defence out we can challenge this year.  

Some of the players also looked a bit nervous. There were a few higher risk/big reward passes potentially on but they were never made. Scared to lose possession? Hopefully they grow and learn to boss the final 3rd

14 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Let's be honest our penalty wasn't a penalty

But the Ejaria one and even the pull back onMiddleton could've been a penalty and the shirt pulling on Morelos was a definite penalty.

1 minute ago, RDB14 said:

Bit underwhelming.  With that said if our decene can keep registering clean sheets and be hard to break we will be fine.  I thought Tav was caught miles out of position a couple of times tonight and a better team may have exploited it.  They ended up hitting the bar one of those times.  Middleton looks an absolute gem but I wouldn't start him away.  Windass could have had a couple goals on another day.  Middleton is going to push Candeias or Murphy hard for a starting jersey in the next few months.

We looked like we are lacking an attacking mid and someone with presence up front to me.  I'm not convinced Murphy and Candeias are actually good enough to play for us either.

Oh well, we scored plenty last year so maybe if we have sorted the defence out we can challenge this year.  

He's an attacking RB which means sometimes he will be in the opposition half putting crosses in, creating chances. Some people on here expect him to be on all parts of the pitch at once. Its the job of one of the TWO centre defensive mids to drop in and cover.

4 minutes ago, gogzy said:

We had about 75% possesion and must have had about 15 shots at goal.

It's not as bad as the progress game.

There are definite positives to take from tonight,  we played some cracking football in the first half.

I am going with professional. Comfortable enough 2-0 win against a team that knew they had to defend for the full 90.

Nerves definitely played a factor. Commentator saying last time we scored 2 European goals at home was 2008. A decade ago?! (Yes admin blah blah blah) but fucking hell. Where has the time gone and thank fuck we broke that in our first game back under Gerrard.

Archived