What Impressed You The Most?

The pressing but most of all the desire to win the ball! IN A FRIENDLY?!?

Some of the tackles you would expect to be made in a cup final or OF Game but not against a team barely in their Pre Season with nothing to play for.

If we apply that in the league then I will be very happy.

Just overall I think we have improved a lot. Almost look like a different team. Passing was fantastic, good pressing, solid defence. We have a lot more energy and fitness about us. 

After 2-3 goals we could've slowed down but nope we showed no mercy. Even with all the subs Gerrard made we kept going strong. I was happy to see some of the younger guys get a shot. Everyone should be given the opportunity to show what they can do. 

If this is a taste of what to expect for the season then I'm excited but of course it's far too early. Just focus on the Europa league next week then try get a good start to the league. 

Confirmation of how influential Arfield could be for us. It was a pleasure to see a midfielder directing the play in there in a way that made sense for a change. Not the random finger pointing we used to get from Miller or McCulloch.

Close runner-up was the real eye-opener of Middleton. I had no idea he was going to be that good or determined.

7 minutes ago, RDFM said:

The interchanging of positions.

This also goes hand in hand with our movement off the ball (regardless of what position they played).

Also noticeable and impressive was number of people in box going forward / when crosses came in... instead of just one.

23 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

By how quickly they were closing down players and the pace they were moving forward at, last season they were slow as fuck bar a couple of games after the winter break. 

That's not fitness. It's instructions to close down quickly.

9 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I like how you ignored the part where I mentioned them getting forward quicker. 

Junior teams close down quicker than we did last season. It's not a fitness issue, it's a tactical issue. Either way it's being addressed which is the main thing.