What Impressed You The Most?

Was really pleased with the back 4, Arfield and McCrorie. We look solid now. Kudos to SG. Identified the issue, and fixed it. 

Was pretty disappointed in Murphy, Candeias and Windass. 

Pass marks for Morelos. 

Clear we need better quality in our front 4. Looking forward to seeing who we bring in. 

5 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

I get that.

But we struggled against shite last season 

We beat Sheffield quite easily last year with a solid performance in a friendly, friendlies mean nothing and prove nothing especially against a team in the third tier of English football with most of the players looking like they had just left school FFS.

30 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Was really pleased with the back 4, Arfield and McCrorie. We look solid now. Kudos to SG. Identified the issue, and fixed it. 

Was pretty disappointed in Murphy, Candeias and Windass. 

Pass marks for Morelos. 

Clear we need better quality in our front 4. Looking forward to seeing who we bring in. 

Not sure I was at the same game.

Thought Murphy was excellent and worked really hard. Candeias was playing in a new role but done well, Windass was a bit meh and thought Morelos was poor. Made the wrong choice so many times and took too long on the ball at times. I think we need a better striker to do anything this season. I thought Morelos was great the first half of last season but he seems to have lost that. At first he was very much a shoot on sight striker but now always seems to take a touch too many.

Thought the two new centre half’s looked like good footballers but struggled with a few high balls but early days.

Overall, it was a good result,  Friendly I know, but previous friendlies have been woeful

which was a forerunner for the season ahead last season. 

Morelos has not improved any. Works hard but striker position is not for him. Not sure what is?

Agree with westenclosure on him. Players were working a new way of playing so given time, all

should click in nicely for the game against the mhanks. I liked Katic. He was the one who was catching my eye all through the game.

The real test comes in the real games.

1.) closing down every ball when we never had it. That is something we haven’t done for a very long time. 

2.) the full pressing forward. We looked dangerous everytime. Slight concern we could be prone to quick counters though. 

3.) Goldson looks solid. Hopefully he’ll continue to impress. 

4.) Middleton looks a cracking player. 

5.)  we looked like we took shots outside the box.  How glad i will be if that continues. 

Im not impressed he’s back... but having a real goalkeeper again whom we can trust is good. 

16 hours ago, Moody Blue said:

41000 at a Friday night game v Bury in July 

More folk than attended a world cup quarter final between Brazil and Belgium, two favourites for the tournament.

Let's Go.

Watching the goals... 4 of them (including ones which were tap ins from rebounds) were from shots that were on the ground, low, across the goal etc... the keeper had to dive down and parry away (then we followed up).

Wonder if this is something theyve beem told to do or just coincidence. Seemed effective.

On 07/07/2018 at 13:43, BridgeIsBlue said:

Screenshot_20180707-133714_YouTube.thumb.jpg.6f0762b261f7dc50998c393960ff7af5.jpg

1st goal, every outfield player in their half. 

Screenshot_20180707-134118_YouTube.thumb.jpg.888b00ffd29db64a0d8448877e75194c.jpg

2nd goal (Goldson is just out of shot) 

Screenshot_20180707-134215_YouTube.thumb.jpg.e03a6b604a0c281a4d979b4c18aa40f5.jpg

3rd goal, look where our backline is. 

This was great to see for me. It allowed McCrorie to push forward whilst still protecting which meant he was winning the ball further forward and creating. 

All in all our fluidity and freedom was great. Different players from midfield were getting in the box and into scoring areas. Every time they got wide and got one on one against our fullbacks there was always someone behind to cover. 

Listen,it was only Bury but you can see where the team are going.