Are you supporting England at the World Cup

You supporting England?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Are you supporting England?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not bothered either way
    • Anyone but England

I live happily in England, my wife is English, my favourite beer is English and during the independence vote I spoke to many people down here and the majority by far were happy to keep a United Kingdom, and history proves the UK works quite well together, the sum is greater than the parts, so it's a no brainer for  me. 

To be fair, I'm sure the majority in Scotland would agree, during the olympics for example mot Scots support the UK team, and I'm sure that if we had an all UK football team we'd have won three World cups and a couple of European Championships. Just look at the Man United team of the sixties or the Liverpool team that ruled Europe in the seventies full of English, Scots, Irish and Welsh if you need evidence. 

I’m English, so or course. But when Northern Ireland or wales are in a tournament I always want them to do well and am right behind them. Always used to be the same for Scotland but these days with a team full of taigs and the actions of the sfa against our club right now I couldn’t bring myself to feel the same.

I'm from an era when Gers supporters were the majority who attended Scotland games and England were our rivals. Whilst sadly I have turned my back on Scotland national team there is no way I can support England at sport. They are unbearable. And I wanted Wales to lose too for similar reasons. In real life we are better together but in sport I want them pumped. 

2 hours ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Have not got much interest in international football but I'll admit that I've quite enjoyed this world cup, England winning it would devastate thousands of hairy highlander bawhums who hate Rangers so purely for that I'd like to see them win it, either way is all meh to me. 

I fucking love the Euros and WC, friendlies and the qualifiers do my nut in though, probably because it disrupts the season. 

Always win a bit of cash on major international tournaments, and it fills the off season. 

This one has been the best since 2002 imo

Scotland as it stands is so full of snp wankers and taigs...i would love it if England won it ...been "arguing "all night in the pub....sadly the young team about here have no fucking brains and cant see the snp for what they are...a nationwide problem i think

5 hours ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Have not got much interest in international football but I'll admit that I've quite enjoyed this world cup, England winning it would devastate thousands of hairy highlander bawhums who hate Rangers so purely for that I'd like to see them win it, either way is all meh to me. 

I also enjoy seeing the Yessers hurting when England win but the Highlands actually voted No in the referendum while Glasgow and Dundee voted yes. 

Not supporting them but not actively supporting the opposition when they play either. 

Sometimes I swing towards them when I see all the pathetic Swedish flags and childish shite on social media, other times the OTT media coverage and the thought of “World Cup winner Sir Ashley Young” makes me want to see them heading home ASAP.

I'm English so yeah.

I supported Wales, England and the north during the euro's.

Can't get behind the Scottish national team though for obvious reasons. That's just football tho, the Scottish rugby team are alright and I always like to see them do well, they were robbed at the rugby world cup a few years back against the Aussies. 

4 hours ago, JamieD said:

Born and raised in England but supported Scotland growing up.

Fair enough.

I’m born in England too but have always had split loyalties when it comes to international football.

I remember wanting Scotland to win the Euro 2000 play off. Then backed England during the tournament.

These days I don’t really care much for either unless England are in a tournament. Even though I’m in the England TC ? 

My mother's a manc' and a few uncles etc. I'm supporting them. Always enjoy my time down south and for once I like most of the team. 

Can't say I care much about internationals though. Tournament's are alright, the friendlies and the qualifiers are mind numbing.

My grandad was a Londoner which makes my mother half English so I have never grew up without  the same disdain for England as other people may have had

On a sidenote, after England fucked up in the euros It didn't bother me in the slightest...what did bother me was the gloating scottish public and media who found it within themselves to totally ridicule them....I could get that if Scotland as a nation were competing at international level.....the point that an island the size of Iceland could compete was lost on our ignorance as to our standing in the game.....I for 1 will love the hurt that will flow through Scotland if England actually win it??

First went  to Hampden to see Scotland in 1969 and followed them loyally over the years until 2012. The hatred shown towards my club by the Scottish football establishment then meant that I can never again support the SFA's 11. On the other hand, I lived and worked in England for many years, and my daughter was born there. My English friends always cheered on Scotland when we were in tournaments and England were not. I never encountered any anti-Scottish feelings in all the years I lived there. The anti-English bigotry spawned by the Nats up here is sickening. I have no problem at all in supporting England. It's coming home ...hopefully.