Club Statement

11 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Not trying to be funny but have the English press been highlighting what's going on up here? I don't buy newspapers nor watch the news so i am blissfully unaware of what gets printed unless i read it on here.

We have our own football related child abuse issues making the news down here. There has been minimal coverage of whats been going on up there. That may be due to getting their information from the frauds who masquerade as journalists in Scotland or a lack of interest. 

Unless people come into contact with the mutant hordes then they don't really see them for what they are. I try to spread the word when I can.

6 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Aye i was thinking that myself, they would just ask their Scottish counterparts from sister newspapers for their peices and ,at a push, rehash them.

Exactly. The Sun aren’t going to send a guy to sit in the press box if the Scottish Sun has a guy there. (Not unless it’s against an English team or something). If they do out a different byline on it then they normally just reword certain bits. I know with Reach (the group that owns the Record) that they can re-use my column in any of their titles, at a price, like the Liverpool Echo, Daily. Mirror etc.

If there’s a huge story with an English angle it might change but it’s few and far between. 

Just now, RFC Eagle said:

We have our own football related child abuse issues making the news down here. There has been minimal coverage of whats been going on up there. That may be due to getting their information from the frauds who masquerade as journalists in Scotland or a lack of interest. 

Unless people come into contact with the mutant hordes then they don't really see them for what they are. I try to spread the word when I can.

Not just the child abuse stuff but the stuff regarding us aswell? 

You are right that they may like to paint themselves as jolly craicsters but anybody who has been unfortunate enough to encounter them know different.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Exactly. The Sun aren’t going to send a guy to sit in the press box if the Scottish Sun has a guy there. (Not unless it’s against an English team or something). If they do out a different byline on it then they normally just reword certain bits. I know with Reach (the group that owns the Record) that they can re-use my column in any of their titles, at a price, like the Liverpool Echo, Daily. Mirror etc.

If there’s a huge story with an English angle it might change but it’s few and far between. 

Now that we have an English hero as manager we can only hope they at least start proof reading the shite we get written about us and begin the question it, i won't be holding my breath.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Not just the child abuse stuff but the stuff regarding us aswell? 

You are right that they may like to paint themselves as jolly craicsters but anybody who has been unfortunate enough to encounter them know different.

There has been a bit of coverage but a lot taken direct from the Scottish Media so generally skewed. Once I explain the whole thing most are sympathetic to us. Those that know a bit already are scunnered at what was done to us.

The people of Lincoln and Norwich, amongst others, certainly found out all about what they really are. 

42 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Not trying to be funny but have the English press been highlighting what's going on up here? I don't buy newspapers nor watch the news so i am blissfully unaware of what gets printed unless i read it on here.

It's more hope than anything mate. Having Gerrard here should hopefully see more attention from outside the usual Scottish press. 

9 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

It's more hope than anything mate. Having Gerrard here should hopefully see more attention from outside the usual Scottish press. 

I can see why people would hope for it mate but the practicalities and likelihood of shit changing when writing about us is pretty slim i think.