The worst thing about Stevie G being our Manager...

Ryju84

No one believes me when I say he was my favourite non-Rangers player ever.

There are older fans on here who may remember Pele, or have a soft spot for Dalgleish.

There are younger fans on here watching the modern game who may adore Ronaldo or Messi.

But Steven Gerrard's passion for club and country should never be overlooked. He never acted like a cunt. He was a true professional footballer. He was at Liverpool for years while his English playmates jumped ship from their respective clubs. He understands the game from playing as a kid to playing at the highest level. His attitude is cleary respected by the English media. 

But some friends and workmates think I only respect him because he is our manager.

Anyway, this is a longwinded way of asking what you thought of him as a player? Highlights... low points...?

26 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

There are older fans on here who may remember Pele, or have a soft spot for Dalgleish.

There are younger fans on here watching the modern game who may adore Ronaldo or Messi.

But Steven Gerrard's passion for club and country should never be overlooked. He never acted like a cunt. He was a true professional footballer. He was at Liverpool for years while his English playmates jumped ship from their respective clubs. He understands the game from playing as a kid to playing at the highest level. His attitude is cleary respected by the English media. 

But some friends and workmates think I only respect him because he is our manager.

Anyway, this is a longwinded way of asking what you thought of him as a player? Highlights... low points...?

Fair post mate 

Why is it always the same 2 rent boys that always bitch at a new thread 

13 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

You will find that any posters on here who have a soft spot for Dalglish went to a single faith school.

23 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Fair post mate 

Why is it always the same 2 rent boys that always bitch at a new thread 

Thanks xo

Don't feel like I do that though and I was just kidding mate don't worry ?

36 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

You not got a bird mate ? Lol

cant think of any low points he was to Liverpool what Ferguson was to us until he left for Blackburn.

9 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Maldini. 

Divorce papers filed. 

Fuck I was just thinking on your previous question and thought there have been a few great players but the one that really stood out for me personally was Maldini, loved the big man. Thought it must have been a trick and I missed someone.

To throw in a German as well  I also loved Lothar Matthäus when I was younger, though he was a wee wizard in control.

As to the Op's original question, Stevie G is an ex Liverpool legend and now our manager so I know how I feel about it.