The worst thing about Stevie G being our Manager...

Ryju84

5 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Fuck I was just thinking on your previous question and thought there have been a few great players but the one that really stood out for me personally was Maldini, loved the big man. Thought it must have been a trick and I missed someone.

To throw in a German as well  I also loved Lothar Matthäus when I was younger, though he was a wee wizard in control.

As to the Op's original question, Stevie G is an ex Liverpool legend and now our manager so I know how I feel about it.

Sticking with the same German since 91 is a harder one though tbf. 

Klose still holds the WC record. 

Then you have Kahn etc. 

I remember hearing a rumor a few years ago that Chelsea was in for Gerrard and that the deal was almost pushed through but some Liverpool gangster had told him that he was going no where. Not sure if there was anything in the story but I do always remember him somehow being linked to some doggy characters.

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Right fuck it, last chance to redeem yourself. 

Name the best Italian player you've seen in your lifetime. 

Mines is from 91 till now so no cheating. 

Without reading any further in this thread it's got to be Maldini?

3 hours ago, tannerall said:

Was a saint in most of the nightclubs he frequented. 

Scouser though. Frank Lampard should've been our man.  

I know what you mean, but when i watched Gerrard on the panel alongside Lampard, and Ferdinand for the Champs League Final, I was pleased that Gerrard was our manager. Especially so given where we are right now. 

I used to like teams if I liked a player.

Jim Baxter was my first love. Him, and the rest of my family being blue noses, made me into a Rangers supporter.

I also liked Colin Bell of Man City, and I've liked City ever since. Was a Kippax regular when I lived in Manchester, unless I was coming home for a Rangers game.

I also started liking AC Milan, because of Paulo Maldini. He was a tremendous player, even from a very young age. I think he was 18 when he broke into the 1st team regularly, and I always liked Milan since then. However The Rangers are my first love, my only true love....WATP! ??

I’m a Rangers fan first and foremost but always have followed Liverpool been to some games at anfield and have been lucky enough to watch Gerrard play. For me he is the best midfielder of his generation and a legend. Iv also read both his books and u can tell the passion he has for the game and for Liverpool. 

8 hours ago, Ryju84 said:

No one believes me when I say he was my favourite non-Rangers player ever.

There are older fans on here who may remember Pele, or have a soft spot for Dalgleish.

There are younger fans on here watching the modern game who may adore Ronaldo or Messi.

But Steven Gerrard's passion for club and country should never be overlooked. He never acted like a cunt. He was a true professional footballer. He was at Liverpool for years while his English playmates jumped ship from their respective clubs. He understands the game from playing as a kid to playing at the highest level. His attitude is cleary respected by the English media. 

But some friends and workmates think I only respect him because he is our manager.

Anyway, this is a longwinded way of asking what you thought of him as a player? Highlights... low points...?

He is held in the highest regard at Liverpool

That is why the scum won't get Wilson. There is a story here but the beggar loving media won't go there .

He is one of these players ,no one really disliked. Most fans and players admired him for mostly everying he did in the game.He seems to be a family man which is something we all aspire too .

When I think of him as a player

The thunderbolt against West Ham and the amazing night in CL final where he drove his team to an amazing fight back .

Low point will always stay with me.I was walking round Bella park listening to the Liverpool v Chelsea game and literally just about to buy the house I'm in .I wanted Chelsea to desepetately stop them from winning the league .That was because I hated their manager at that point . So I will never forget the day of his slip.

To have him at Ibrox is one truly magnificent signing though

I really hope it ends well for him here .Anything else is not worth thinking about 

8 hours ago, Ryju84 said:

No one believes me when I say he was my favourite non-Rangers player ever.

There are older fans on here who may remember Pele, or have a soft spot for Dalgleish.

There are younger fans on here watching the modern game who may adore Ronaldo or Messi.

But Steven Gerrard's passion for club and country should never be overlooked. He never acted like a cunt. He was a true professional footballer. He was at Liverpool for years while his English playmates jumped ship from their respective clubs. He understands the game from playing as a kid to playing at the highest level. His attitude is cleary respected by the English media. 

But some friends and workmates think I only respect him because he is our manager.

Anyway, this is a longwinded way of asking what you thought of him as a player? Highlights... low points...?

He was a monumental diver. His diving highlight reels are epic. He dived like someone who really practised diving. 

5 hours ago, bluewhitevanman said:

Definitely the Devine ponytail the Buddhist cracking player imo I’m sure he was nominated for the balon dor after USA 94 when he went to Bologna (i think). 

Went to AC Milan but didn't really work out. Ended up at Inter, then Bologna where he was brilliant again and then I think he finished at Brescia.

8 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

He is held in the highest regard at Liverpool

That is why the scum won't get Wilson. There is a story here but the beggar loving media won't go there .

He is one of these players ,no one really disliked. Most fans and players admired him for mostly everying he did in the game.He seems to be a family man which is something we all aspire too .

When I think of him as a player

The thunderbolt against West Ham and the amazing night in CL final where he drove his team to an amazing fight back .

Low point will always stay with me.I was walking round Bella park listening to the Liverpool v Chelsea game and literally just about to buy the house I'm in .I wanted Chelsea to desepetately stop them from winning the league .That was because I hated their manager at that point . So I will never forget the day of his slip.

To have him at Ibrox is one truly magnificent signing though

I really hope it ends well for him here .Anything else is not worth thinking about 

Seen a story down here that we have first refusal on any young players Liverpool want to loan out. Its from the Sun so could be shite. Apparently a deal was agreed between Gerrard and Klopp.