The worst thing about Stevie G being our Manager...

Ryju84

2 hours ago, RFC Eagle said:

Seen a story down here that we have first refusal on any young players Liverpool want to loan out. Its from the Sun so could be shite. Apparently a deal was agreed between Gerrard and Klopp.

It would be helpful mate . That is for sure

And even better if the beggars can't sign any

42 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Good player but I raise you...

hqdefault.jpg

Length of his career at the top maybe wasn't as long as it should have been but in his absolute prime at Inter he was unstoppable. Favourite non-Rangers player.

He would've been the greatest ever if not for his injuries IMO.

3 hours ago, RFC Eagle said:

Seen a story down here that we have first refusal on any young players Liverpool want to loan out. Its from the Sun so could be shite. Apparently a deal was agreed between Gerrard and Klopp.

It was the Liverpool echo that reported that one first mate. 

The sun just piggy backed onto it. 

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

It was the Liverpool echo that reported that one first mate. 

The sun just piggy backed onto it. 

Hopefully means its credible. Teams do like sending players to clubs that have a similar playing style so it does make sense all round. Just need to use the loans sparingly so it doesnt hinder our youth development. I think Woodburn and/or Wilson would be good additions. Not so sure with Solanke.

1 minute ago, gsa said:

His book is a good read.

The non-flying Dutchman, he enjoyed a dive or two in his day and was too sly and petulant, for me, to be a true great. Had enough talent not to need that part of his game.

3 hours ago, RFC Eagle said:

It'll obviously boost our chances having Gerrard as manager but I can't see us having as formal an arrangement as that

12 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

The non-flying Dutchman, he enjoyed a dive or two in his day and was too sly and petulant, for me, to be a true great. Had enough talent not to need that part of his game.

Are true greats never sly and petulant? Maradona and Ronaldo not true greats then? 

10 hours ago, GlasgowRangers1983 said:

I remember hearing a rumor a few years ago that Chelsea was in for Gerrard and that the deal was almost pushed through but some Liverpool gangster had told him that he was going no where. Not sure if there was anything in the story but I do always remember him somehow being linked to some doggy characters.

I heard the same story mate, regarding him being prevented from leaving Liverpool - a local gangster threatened his family. I think it was only an hour or two from the deal being struck. It was the time of Evans I think and l.pool were going nowhere - and SG's high regard for Mourinho was taking him to Chelsea.

The other bit, regarding dodgy characters is fairly common knowledge, where he was being blackmailed by a local nutcase and a bigger local nutcase offered to make the problem go away - which he did. 

1 minute ago, gsa said:

Are true greats never sly and petulant? Maradona and Ronaldo not true greats then? 

Maradona was a cheat so will never be a true great. Ronaldo could have been so much more without the baggage, although that was more off the field. There was a real nastiness to Bergkamp though that seemed to get ignored. He certainly wasn't in the league of Cruyff, Eusebio and the like. Maybe its my age but they weren't as prone to the less savoury aspects of the game.

5 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

I heard the same story regarding him being prevented from going to Chelsea - a local gangster threatened his family. I think it was only an hour or two from the deal being struck. It was the time of Evans I think and l.pool were going nowhere.

The other but, regarding dodgy characters is fairly common knowledge, we're he was being blackmailed by a nutcase and a bigger nutcase offered to make the problem go away - which he did. 

I believe he is, in some way, related to the 'bigger headcase'. I think its almost unavoidable in cities like Liverpool and Manchester that sportsmen/stars mix with some dodgy characters.

8 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Maradona was a cheat so will never be a true great. Ronaldo could have been so much more without the baggage, although that was more off the field. There was a real nastiness to Bergkamp though that seemed to get ignored. He certainly wasn't in the league of Cruyff, Eusebio and the like. Maybe its my age but they weren't as prone to the less savoury aspects of the game.

Maradona may have been a cheat but he was also a genius with the ball at his feet.  The unsavoury aspect of his game was just a reflection of who he was, a slum kid who was blessed with outrageous natural talent.  

4 hours ago, livibear101 said:

I’m a Rangers fan first and foremost but always have followed Liverpool been to some games at anfield and have been lucky enough to watch Gerrard play. For me he is the best midfielder of his generation and a legend. Iv also read both his books and u can tell the passion he has for the game and for Liverpool. 

pavel nedved disagrees as does riquelme along with ballack, zidane and co.  all cmf in the same era as gerrard

47 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

I believe he is, in some way, related to the 'bigger headcase'. I think its almost unavoidable in cities like Liverpool and Manchester that sportsmen/stars mix with some dodgy characters.

The bigger headcase recently died, John kinsella.

Check these articles :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-560616/Soccer-star-gangsters-Steven-Gerrard-murky-depths-Liverpools-underworld.html

&

https://www.google.co.za/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/6222511/john-kinsella-gangster-shot-dead-steven-gerrard/amp/

SG or his family were not at fault, they were the victims of a blackmailer. 

12 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

You will find that any posters on here who have a soft spot for Dalglish went to a single faith school.

bit like our new manager then i believe???  not that it means anything nowadays

4 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

bit like our new manager then i believe???  not that it means anything nowadays

SG only went because of the football the 'faith' aspect was irrelevant to his choice. There isn't the same issue with segregated schools down here, there aren't as many polluting the system.

1 minute ago, RFC Eagle said:

SG only went because of the football the 'faith' aspect was irrelevant to his choice. There isn't the same issue with segregated schools down here, there aren't as many polluting the system.

im not saying it is however its selective thinking when it comes to the schools up here and all utter shite.  knew a fellow lodge member whose son was expelled from the local school and he had 2 choices either attend the local catholic school or travel 12 miles a day to the next nearest school.  chose the local catholic school.  doesnt make him a catholic, in fact far from it however he got constant abuse left the lodge and band etc.  intrigued to know what the difference is.  for me their is none bar the fact we dont want to admit gerrard went to one and play it down