Favourite Football Commentator?

With all the chat about how great Ally McCoist and Jon Champion have been at this years World Cup, reminded me of how good Champion is compared to the likes of Clive Tyldesle.

Love the legendary Archie MacPherson with his classic style. The voice of so many great memories and moments, but my all time favourite is Peter Drury.

Drury’s intelligence with his lines made him a standout for me. He has added so many cracking, intelligent words to some classic football moments.

Oh, and any reason to post this...

Who are your favourites?

59 minutes ago, SuperPapac05 said:

Peter Drury and Jim Beglin were an amazing team. 

Got to be big Motty for me. Guy just oozed passion. 

His constant ‘ohhhh’ whenever there was a shot at goal.

5 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

"Swept Away" MacPherson  and Drury are good.  Worst cunts are Pearce and Tyldesley 

Pearce’s style is so different though. It makes for a different sound to the game. His commentary for our Borrussia Dortmund goal was perfection. It was like he couldn’t quite catch his breath which was the exact reaction that was required for a goal of such beauty.

It’s just when he’s a little condescending or sarcastic that he becomes a bit of a pain.

I’ve always been interested in commentary. Would have loved if I had the voice for it. I feel like the voiceover for a game really can influence the quality of the viewers experience. Guys like Drury just make it feel like everything matters. Every goal feels huge with him.

2 hours ago, Marky. said:

Pearce’s style is so different though. It makes for a different sound to the game. His commentary for our Borrussia Dortmund goal was perfection. It was like he couldn’t quite catch his breath which was the exact reaction that was required for a goal of such beauty.

It’s just when he’s a little condescending or sarcastic that he becomes a bit of a pain.

I’ve always been interested in commentary. Would have loved if I had the voice for it. I feel like the voiceover for a game really can influence the quality of the viewers experience. Guys like Drury just make it feel like everything matters. Every goal feels huge with him.

Prefer Pearce in Robot Wars tbh :lol: