England related thread

33 minutes ago, GT66 said:

Dunno how Alli stayed on for 120.

Hes not been great this tournament. 

Game changed when Sterling went off imo

For me Alli summed up the missing part of the England game, you cannot fault the boy for effort and gave his all but the Croatians were a lot smarter with the ball when their legs were getting tired.  In a nut-shell sometime you need to let the ball do the work. 

Good showing, as a whole that tournament.

Love the breakout of bullshit you get from fellow Brits, or Scots as they prefer to brand themselves, slating the England team. Most of them are virgins who have never been alive to see Scotland make it to the World Cup finals.

England were never likely to win the thing. They had a good run of games which gave them a chance but they don’t quite have the players yet. Amazing to think that they have managed to get further than the so called golden generation, who were all stars at club level. Most of these guys were playing in the championship, league one and two four years ago, they’ve come along way. Fair play to them. Britain have a team worth backing.

29 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

More fucking square passes and back passes than a Warburton team.

It was the punt up the park that made them easy to defend against, no top class team wins tournaments playing Route one, when Sterling went off the base was burst as they list a workhorse who gives their team a different dimension rather than the long punt.

5 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Southgate getting a very easy ride yet some decisions he made warrant review. Young on, sterling starting, kane playing deeper, alli on yet doing nothing, long balls....its a decent list.

Central midfield being overrun and he bottled it.

Happy and relieved they never won it, we’d have heard about it for the next 40 years if we did, reminds me of them with their European Cup pish. Hear about it every 2 seconds and it was 50 fucking years ago.

Also Ian Wright and Mark Lawrenson make me want to be sick when I hear them. They had a piss easy draw and scored 2 goals from open play in the whole tournament but they thought they were Brazil.

2 minutes ago, JentleJames said:

Happy and relieved they never won it, we’d have heard about it for the next 40 years if we did, reminds me of them with their European Cup pish. Hear about it every 2 seconds and it was 50 fucking years ago.

Also Ian Wright and Mark Lawrenson make me want to be sick when I hear them. They had a piss easy draw and scored 2 goals from open play in the whole tournament but they thought they were Brazil.

What a shit mentality, you mean spirited little man

2 minutes ago, DW1872 said:

They've had a better tournament than most expected. I'm just gutted I won't be watching them in the final on Sunday.

Modric, Perisic, Rakitic, Mandzukic showed the difference between good players and great players. 

Hope Croatia win the final now though.

yet i kept on hearing in the studios "england are the better team" and I was thinking of the players you mention and saying to myself that I wouldn't have one England player ahead of them in my starting 11

22 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Southgate getting a very easy ride yet some decisions he made warrant review. Young on, sterling starting, kane playing deeper, alli on yet doing nothing, long balls....its a decent list.

Sure I’ve seen this somewhere Cushy ?.

1 minute ago, Loyaleastend said:

You're going to have to explain that in English for me 

Ok in English you’re supposed to be really happy because your team of Harlem globetrotting superstars who can actually only score from set-pieces are about to win everything.

In Scotland where I’m from, I’m glad I won’t have to hear the most annoying song in the history of the planet sung 10 times a day ?