England related thread

On 12/07/2018 at 01:19, Colin Traive said:

Can’t see it that way. The English don’t even think about us enough to hate us. Their indifference is even more galling than hatred.

Wishing England well because they’re British is no different to wishing the taigs well because they are (intermittently) Scottish.

Wales and Northern Ireland have never ridiculed us as a team or as a country so I always wish them well and I was delighted with both doing well in recent qualifying campaigns.

I’m abroad so I’ll miss the day of mourning, the candlelit vigils, the wailing and the gnashing of teeth but I’ll revel in it even from thousands of miles away.

Wishing England well is nothing like wishing the tims well.  That is just preposterous particularly coming from any Rangers fan.    I'm British first and Scottish second.  I've always felt like that.  Football rivalry between Scotland and England was always high mainly because we played them every year.  The Scotland v England game was the international highlight of every year.    It doesn't bother me if some of the English are indifferent to Scotland's football team that will be due to the lack of media coverage down south.

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

Wishing England well is nothing like wishing the tims well.  That is just preposterous particularly coming from any Rangers fan.    I'm British first and Scottish second.  I've always felt like that.  Football rivalry between Scotland and England was always high mainly because we played them every year.  The Scotland v England game was the international highlight of every year.    It doesn't bother me if some of the English are indifferent to Scotland's football team that will be due to the lack of media coverage down south.

Rangers first, Scottish second, British third for me. England can fuck off then, when they get there, they can fuck off again from there.