England related thread

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

My favourite is folk saying they are our ‘neighbours’ or we’re the ‘part of the same country.’ 

I look forward to seeing them support celtic in their champions league qualifier. Not just are they our neighbour and part of the same country but them doing well directly benefits us. 

You cannot try and find a direct link, especially between International and domestic football. 

We're hated by the majority of Club's in the land. So of course we won't back them circa 2012.

But as a Club who identifies itself as British, of course a lot of our fans will back the British countries. 

I don't believe there's anything wrong with it. But there's definitely something wrong with trying to get our fans to back the tarriers. 

Just now, ben51 said:

You cannot try and find a direct link, especially between International and domestic football. 

We're hated by the majority of Club's in the land. So of course we won't back them circa 2012.

But as a Club who identifies itself as British, of course a lot of our fans will back the British countries. 

I don't believe there's anything wrong with it. But there's definitely something wrong with trying to get our fans to back the tarriers. 

I don’t think there is anything wrong with it either. I just find some of the mental gymnastics by some folk to explain it away. 

3 lions is the guiltiest of pleasures...

I wanted them to beat Sweden because Larsson, Mjalby, Lustig, Guidetti. If they play them or Ireland then I'll happily cheer on England. Maybe even Argentina...

Hope the sons of Prso break their hearts though. Mon the Hrvatska!

2 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

That's fine if you've backed them. As I say I've no bother with England don't care if they win or lose.

But there are plenty out there who are attention seeking.

As I said their British argument falls down as I never saw any Wales tops or avatars 2 years ago.

Please see this thread:

16 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

More  tarriers players have played for England in recent years than any of ours.

I don't care if they win or lose personally but feel people that actively support England are attention seeking.

Also bears den?

It's the same folk who "don't follow international football" - when Scotland (rarely) do well.

39 minutes ago, The Dude said:

My favourite is folk saying they are our ‘neighbours’ or we’re the ‘part of the same country.’ 

I look forward to seeing them support celtic in their champions league qualifier. Not just are they our neighbour and part of the same country but them doing well directly benefits us. 

Naw fuck that

1 hour ago, PSL said:

Cunts hate us. England can fuck off

I’m English and have lived here my whole life and can honestly say the majority of English football fans would have us as their second team or at least have a soft spot for us and without doubt prefer that to the taigs. The only people down here I’ve ever encountered who support them are the plastic paddy’s, everyone else hates them!

49 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

That's fine if you've backed them. As I say I've no bother with England don't care if they win or lose.

But there are plenty out there who are attention seeking.

As I said their British argument falls down as I never saw any Wales tops or avatars 2 years ago.

Probably because Wales were being supported along with Northern Ireland, and England

England fans and players proudly sing my national anthem and have no problems with the Union Flag, [even if they fly the flag of St George more now,] so for those reasons i will be behind them.

28 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

Follow ERSA on facebook, English lads that support Rangers, they are out in Russia, our crests on their flags, I'm a Unionist as well, most important, the wife and I love our wee weekends away in England, always made to feel welcome, no Scottish style chip on the shoulder, I wish them all the best. 

Lived in England 25yrs. 90% positive reaction when folk find out I'm Rangers (10% are plastic paddy scum fucks).

Since our treatment over admin and the rise of SNP I feel MUCH more comfortable supporting England than Scotland. Feels weird in some ways but we are much more in tune with England than Scotland in terms of our traditional British values. Scotland is barely recognisable to me now tbh. So I've been standing in the pub with my English mates wearing the three lions with, yes, PRIDE.

8 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

I’m English and have lived here my whole life and can honestly say the majority of English football fans would have us as their second team or at least have a soft spot for us and without doubt prefer that to the taigs. The only people down here I’ve ever encountered who support them are the plastic paddy’s, everyone else hates them!

100% true.

3 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

Lived in England 25yrs. 90% positive reaction when folk find out I'm Rangers (10% are plastic paddy scum fucks).

Since our treatment over admin and the rise of SNP I feel MUCH more comfortable supporting England than Scotland. Feels weird in some ways but we are much more in tune with England than Scotland in terms of our traditional British values. Scotland is barely recognisable to me now tbh. So I've been standing in the pub with my English mates wearing the three lions with, yes, PRIDE.

Glad to hear it mate!

15 minutes ago, PSL said:

Every post about scottish football on social media is followed by about 50 englishmen giving it the mickey mouse league and jock cunts etc. 

As part of the union fine as it makes scotland stronger but fuck supporting their football team

This is not the attitude towards Rangers and definitely not what you get face-to-face when they find out you are Rangers. It is the attitude towards SCOTLAND thanks to the SNP's anti-English petty rhetoric. It is totally understandable. You have to understand that the message coming from Scotland for the past 10+ years has been "fuck off England we don't want you".

The SNP doesn't speak for me and presumably not for you so... take a pragmatic view mate.

Social media attracts all sorts of queerhawks and weirdos. On a personal level I've been treated extremely well by any English football fan I've spoken to since moving down here last September.

Even more so when I tell them I'm a Rangers fan. I've supported England and Northern Ireland for years and if they do win it..(Belgium will though) I would be happy to see how much it would mean to the folk down here..

Listen if The walloper head Dude can argue that a pic of player that had no connection to us being used in a paper is ok then this should stay in the Bears Den. 

MON THE ENGLAND??????

Fuck all you tartan tranny’s. 

3 minutes ago, bearsinbath said:

No they don't! Lived here for 28 years and I can categorically state that I have been made welcome and treated brilliantly since the day I arrived here!

Some people, clearly, think social media is real life. More a reflection on them than people who live in the real world. I only encountered one person in my 7 years in Scotland who had a problem with me being English and I only know one person who actively dislikes Scots because she was bullied for being English when she lived up there as a kid.

Plenty of banter and mock insults hurled around amongst English Scots and Welsh at my work but thats all it is. A lot don't have a great opinion of Scottish football but neither do most Rangers fans I know.