Jump to content
linfield1690

England related thread

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

3000 at the quarter final and loads put off by media and government shite about racism and homophobia and stories about difficulty getting fan IDs.

Not having a go mate , I don’t mind the team , just don’t act like absolute pricks to innocent shop workers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

3000 at the quarter final and loads put off by media and government shite about racism and homophobia and stories about difficulty getting fan IDs.

Getting to Samara was apparently really difficult (and pricey) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Dude said:

My favourite is folk saying they are our ‘neighbours’ or we’re the ‘part of the same country.’ 

I look forward to seeing them support celtic in their champions league qualifier. Not just are they our neighbour and part of the same country but them doing well directly benefits us. 

Hate that line of timmy success benefitting us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Inigo said:

Plastic English to join the plastic Irish. Some place this wee country is.

Some of us o the thread are actually English. Not many who aren't claim to have English ancestors just supporting a British team at a World Cup, not close to the plastics in the East End.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Stick your tablet where the sun don't shine, squire.

You're grounded, son.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Dude said:

And fuck you and your giro. 

Ma giro would do 30 of you ya cunt ya fenian fucking tarrier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Getting to Samara was apparently really difficult (and pricey) 

Saw something about a couple of fans taking a sleeper train to Moscow for the semi final. I think future World Cups could be more disjointed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Hate that line of timmy success benefitting us.

So do I but, sadly, every Scottish team doing well in Europe benefits us through qualification places etc (and UEFA payments). Thankfully, the effect has been reduced a bit now with changing the way he club rankings are done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RFC Eagle said:

Saw something about a couple of fans taking a sleeper train to Moscow for the semi final. I think future World Cups could be more disjointed.

Mexico/USA/Canada will be a shit show. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Dude said:

So do I but, sadly, every Scottish team doing well in Europe benefits us through qualification places etc (and UEFA payments). Thankfully, the effect has been reduced a bit now with changing the way he club rankings are done.

Fuck Scotland and fuck the record Rangers only for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Not having a go mate , I don’t mind the team , just don’t act like absolute pricks to innocent shop workers

Always get a few morons amongst them, seems mostly a London thing this time. The metrosexuals had too much of a sniff of the barmaids apron. The fans out there seem to be having a great time and no hint of trouble so far.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RFC Eagle said:

Some of us o the thread are actually English. Not many who aren't claim to have English ancestors just supporting a British team at a World Cup, not close to the plastics in the East End.

Clearly not talking about actual English ones. Having Irish ancestry us as good or bad a reason to support them as supporting a British team is a good or vad reason to support England. Bottom line is both support a team that in footballing terms arent theirs, but its ok now cause its us.

Both are mildly cringy in the depth if their support to my eyes. Aye wish them well, but the OTT celebrations... sorry son, yer no English, however much you want to be.

Anywsy, begone from the BD either way!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PSL said:

Cunts hate us. England can fuck off

No I don't ! I don't like the transvestite army and the SNP..........My beloved Rangers are a Scottish football club and Glasgow is the best city in the UK

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Dude said:

So do I but, sadly, every Scottish team doing well in Europe benefits us through qualification places etc (and UEFA payments). Thankfully, the effect has been reduced a bit now with changing the way he club rankings are done.

Miniscule next to the money they get though. In terms of competitiveness,  it's dire for all other teams. Serves nothing but widening the gulf, yet folk imply it's good for Scottish clubs because of measly payments and such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit of deja vu this thread.

I remember about 20 years ago arguing with a guy on ff on much the same subject.

Default point for many (darksiders excluded) will to be support any of the Home nations - doesnt have to be England , Wales or Northern Ireland would get exactly the same level of support.

I suspect this current England squad, with their modesty, lack of prima donnas & good work outside the game will appeal to many.

Embarrassed to support England ? Not in the slightest.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I live in England and have English family and friends

I hope they get horsed by the Croatians 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bronzy said:

Terry Butcher, Mark Hateley, Chris Woods, Mark Walters, Ray Wilkins, Trevor Steven, Gary Stevens and Paul Gascoigne dislike this.

Butcher is a class A dickhead, the others are cool as fuck but.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont with England badly btw, just see some differing standards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, geronimoo said:

Butcher is a class A dickhead, the others are cool as fuck but.

Aye butcher is a wank but southgate is gonnae dae it lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Miniscule next to the money they get though. In terms of competitiveness,  it's dire for all other teams. Serves nothing but widening the gulf, yet folk imply it's good for Scottish clubs because of measly payments and such.

Of course it is. I was making a slightly tongue-in-cheek point about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Dude said:

Of course it is. I was making a slightly tongue-in-cheek point about it. 

You're grounded too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PSL said:

Cunts hate us. England can fuck off

Here, what makes you think that, worked down south and not one bit of hassle ever, accommodated me in every way, Rangers were in Europe and English teams as well, they used to put the Rangers game on the screen in the corner for me, didnt need to but they did, most teams down south have a good wee loyalist side to them and any I have spoken to like Rangers, fuck sake was on holiday in Ibiza there and was in a bar with West Ham, Sheffield Wed and Bristol Rovers fans, me and the boy, loved it, not one bit of bother towards me, actually shaking my hand and kept a few of there numbers, so yeah they don't hate us. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LOL153 No Surrender!!! said:

Here, what makes you think that, worked down south and not one bit of hassle ever, accommodated me in every way, Rangers were in Europe and English teams as well, they used to put the Rangers game on the screen in the corner for me, didnt need to but they did, most teams down south have a good wee loyalist side to them and any I have spoken to like Rangers, fuck sake was on holiday in Ibiza there and was in a bar with West Ham, Sheffield Wed and Bristol Rovers fans, me and the boy, loved it, not one bit of bother towards me, actually shaking my hand and kept a few of there numbers, so yeah they don't hate us. 

Good man lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a Scotsman that created the union - certainly wiznae an Englishman, a Welshman or a Northern Irishman. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×