England related thread

4 hours ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

I honestly struggle to understand this tbh.  You make Derek Johnstone look staunch ffs

What you see as "some kind of nod to heritage??!?!?" that "many people associate with the club!!??!?" is a CRUCIAL PART OF OUR IDENTITY. If you yourself don't get - if you don't actually FEEL it in your heart then you are not Rangers imo.

Ulster Bears are our brothers. The Union Flag defines our traditional British Unionist values. These things are not antiquated idiosyncrasies - they are MORE important now than ever given the threat from the SNP.

So, you're not "uncomfortable with Britishness". Well good for you mate. Personally, I fucking EMBRACE IT! I revel in it. I ram it up the fucking noses of the SNP and all who support them.

Always annoys me how people can judge how much others are fans based on their political views or whatever other shit we are supposed to be represented by. What's wrong with simply supporting a team because you grew up watching the likes of Butcher, Laudrup, Jardine etc? You have no right to tell someone else they aren't a fan because they don't have the same views as yourself.

24 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Lot a shite. My grandad and my auld man were/are lifelong tartan army members. Also lifelong Rangers fans and despite me growing up with all celtic fans they made sure i supported the right club and my country. Will never be ashamed to support my country or my club.

You’re basically admitting to having a soft spot for celtic 

39 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Lot a shite. My grandad and my auld man were/are lifelong tartan army members. Also lifelong Rangers fans and despite me growing up with all celtic fans they made sure i supported the right club and my country. Will never be ashamed to support my country or my club.

You can support Scotland and England mate.

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Always annoys me how people can judge how much others are fans based on their political views or whatever other shit we are supposed to be represented by. What's wrong with simply supporting a team because you grew up watching the likes of Butcher, Laudrup, Jardine etc? You have no right to tell someone else they aren't a fan because they don't have the same views as yourself.

Well, in that respect you just have Butcher, Laudrup, Jardine etc (few generations there BTW) as idols. 

Rangers is an institution - entirely different, and different to other football clubs. 

1 hour ago, STRUTH82 said:

It will be the making of my week if the Croats dish out a dry humping to southgate & co :Fod:

This all day long. Fuck England, fuck their media, fuck Geoff Hurst, fuck Jimmy Hill, fuck Mumbles Kane, fuck LGBT Sterling. 

Until the corrupt SFA are taken out, international football is as relevant as the local bools tournament.

If you’ve never worked down south or for an Engerlish company, you can’t imagine the contempt they have for us “Sweaty Socks”

Mon the Croats ?? 

2 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

This all day long. Fuck England, fuck their media, fuck Geoff Hurst, fuck Jimmy Hill, fuck Mumbles Kane, fuck LGBT Sterling. 

Until the corrupt SFA are taken out, international football is as relevant as the local bools tournament.

If you’ve never worked down south or for an Engerlish company, you can’t imagine the contempt they have for us “Sweaty Socks”

Mon the Croats ?? 

:lol:

Hope you're in tears of sadness come Sunday night

7 hours ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

I honestly struggle to understand this tbh.  You make Derek Johnstone look staunch ffs

What you see as "some kind of nod to heritage??!?!?" that "many people associate with the club!!??!?" is a CRUCIAL PART OF OUR IDENTITY. If you yourself don't get - if you don't actually FEEL it in your heart then you are not Rangers imo.

Ulster Bears are our brothers. The Union Flag defines our traditional British Unionist values. These things are not antiquated idiosyncrasies - they are MORE important now than ever given the threat from the SNP.

So, you're not "uncomfortable with Britishness". Well good for you mate. Personally, I fucking EMBRACE IT! I revel in it. I ram it up the fucking noses of the SNP and all who support them.

Jesus. You're trying very hard to be offended. 

This is turning into quite a tangent from the original point, but ok. I said 'many people' because I know not all folk that follow Rangers feel any great British element to it. I know I don't. I follow Rangers because it's family. And I know your next assumption, seeing as you seem to quite like leaping over chasms to your conclusions, is that that means I'm not a good, staunch Brit. Again, I don't see why I should have to explain, or why it's come to it given the discussion we were having, but to save the next post of not-staunch-enough angst from yourself (or to at least try in vain to do so), I'll point out what many people know on here; that I'm a no voting, British identifying Rangers fan... I just don't associate the two identities (British and Rangers) to any great depth. Which of course means I have to face down the occasional arrogance of someone that states that a Rangers fan should only ever conform to their narrow, staunch, perfect vision. 

But anyway, that's why I said 'that many people associate with the club'. Because some don't and folk follow Rangers in many ways for many reasons. I'd have thought that'd be obvious, but clearly from your bold punctuation rage, it's not.

As for 'some kind of nod to heritage', I take it that's not a staunch enough way of putting it for you? What about 'embracing of part of the culture associated with Rangers'?  Any better for you? Probably the same for 'not uncomfortable with Britishness'. All of which triviality has enabled us to neatly sidestep the actual point I was making. 

Listen, you clearly feel quite threatened in some way given the conclusions you draw and the worst possible interpretations you make of the phraseology I've been using. I can understand that in some senses, as Rangers fans generally take a pillorying. You'd do well not to invent enemies where they don't exist, though, and not demand that Rangers fans conform to your narrow mold. You'd be more of a threat to the club than anyone if you were successful in that.

It's been a while since I've had to deal with these kinds of posts. Tiresome stuff. Fairly sad that we've so quickly, and so defensively, moved to that point from simply suggesting a double standard. 

True patriotism is not about loving everything about your country. 

.True patriotism is when you love the good stuff in your country, but hate the bad stuff.

And true patriotism does not mean you need to have ill will towards your neighbours either.

27 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Jesus. You're trying very hard to be offended. 

This is turning into quite a tangent from the original point, but ok. I said 'many people' because I know not all folk that follow Rangers feel any great British element to it. I know I don't. I follow Rangers because it's family. And I know your next assumption, seeing as you seem to quite like leaping over chasms to your conclusions, is that that means I'm not a good, staunch Brit. Again, I don't see why I should have to explain, or why it's come to it given the discussion we were having, but to save the next post of not-staunch-enough angst from yourself (or to at least try in vain to do so), I'll point out what many people know on here; that I'm a no voting, British identifying Rangers fan... I just don't associate the two identities (British and Rangers) to any great depth. Which of course means I have to face down the occasional arrogance of someone that states that a Rangers fan should only ever conform to their narrow, staunch, perfect vision. 

But anyway, that's why I said 'that many people associate with the club'. Because some don't and folk follow Rangers in many ways for many reasons. I'd have thought that'd be obvious, but clearly from your bold punctuation rage, it's not.

As for 'some kind of nod to heritage', I take it that's not a staunch enough way of putting it for you? What about 'embracing of part of the culture associated with Rangers'?  Any better for you? Probably the same for 'not uncomfortable with Britishness'. All of which triviality has enabled us to neatly sidestep the actual point I was making. 

Listen, you clearly feel quite threatened in some way given the conclusions you draw and the worst possible interpretations you make of the phraseology I've been using. I can understand that in some senses, as Rangers fans generally take a pillorying. You'd do well not to invent enemies where they don't exist, though, and not demand that Rangers fans conform to your narrow mold. You'd be more of a threat to the club than anyone if you were successful in that.

It's been a while since I've had to deal with these kinds of posts. Tiresome stuff. Fairly sad that we've so quickly, and so defensively, moved to that point from simply suggesting a double standard. 

Good grammar and spelling, auld yin

38 minutes ago, Rupret said:

Nah Ive given up supporting them now, their media is Bheast like when they are doing well.

Just always remember Baxter ripping the pish out of the World cup winners in 67 at Wembley.

It is unbearable to be fair

Listening to Brazil in the morning takes some beating 

This utter prick is the worst at going Orr

No wonder he has that show sown up 

6 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

It is unbearable to be fair

Listening to Brazil in the morning takes some beating 

This utter prick is the worst at going Orr

No wonder he has that show sown up 

Jim Whyte on Talk Sport is another belter, takes a fair pounding from the Dave from Dagenham white van gezzers for being a Sweaty Sock.

On 08/07/2018 at 18:27, The Dude said:

My favourite is folk saying they are our ‘neighbours’ or we’re the ‘part of the same country.’ 

I look forward to seeing them support celtic in their champions league qualifier. Not just are they our neighbour and part of the same country but them doing well directly benefits us. 

A typical bitter jacobite argument

celtic are our rivals 

England are our allies

Whats hard to understand?

I think its more pathetic that Scottish people actively support whoever England is playing, like a pathetic attempt to involve themselves in the world cup they couldnt qualify for. Makes Scots look like pathetic weans.

Some folk act like youre not Scottish if you dont hate England. Pathetic Yes voting nonsense. Folk who spout this shite are standing shoulder to shoulder with Yes voters imo