England related thread

22 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

It is unbearable to be fair

Listening to Brazil in the morning takes some beating 

This utter prick is the worst at going Orr

No wonder he has that show sown up 

Got to say the Neville brothers, although they can sing no bad, their commentating has been a complete mare, combined with Clive Tyldesley, 100% idiotic cringe.

I cant believe Ally is the No1 pundit commentator on ITV, even the Mrs was laughing at his faux Anglicised accent.

4 hours ago, Rupret said:

Got to say the Neville brothers, although they can sing no bad, their commentating has been a complete mare, combined with Clive Tyldesley, 100% idiotic cringe.

I cant believe Ally is the No1 pundit commentator on ITV, even the Mrs was laughing at his faux Anglicised accent.

Seems they are trying hard, not to have his fat arse sitting in any of the studios 

To be fair .I think  he is tolerable doing commentaries 

Although I suspect he won't be replacing Andy Walker ,Mutton or Davie proven as any of their green eyes buoys any time soon 

On ‎08‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 19:16, Bristol loyal said:

I’m English and have lived here my whole life and can honestly say the majority of English football fans would have us as their second team or at least have a soft spot for us and without doubt prefer that to the taigs. The only people down here I’ve ever encountered who support them are the plastic paddy’s, everyone else hates them!

Not sure if the above is quite right, in my experience a lot of people down south like  the taigs as all they see is them on CL nights and think that's how it actually is, but once you speak to these people tell them what to look for on the internet they mostly change their approach, and start to keep an eye on Rangers instead, also a lot of people don't give a fuck either way

On 08/07/2018 at 18:07, PSL said:

Cunts hate us. England can fuck off

Let’s settle this once and for all. I’m English, born in England of a Scottish mother and English father. Do England fans ‘hate’ Rangers? The big majority no, I think those that understand the politics love Rangers, England fans also love GB / UK and Rangers are the flag bearers for the union in British football. Ofcourse there is banter between our nations, and some people (idiots) take it seriously, but generally Rangers are the only Scottish club that England fans would have any love for. The small minority who would say they dislike Rangers are left wing types who probably hate Britain anyway and moan about our ‘colonial’ past, and these generally aren’t football types. 

‘You’d be surprised how often you see a Rangers shirt down south.

6 minutes ago, BarclayClansmen said:

Let’s settle this once and for all. I’m English, born in England of a Scottish mother and English father. Do England fans ‘hate’ Rangers? The big majority no, I think those that understand the politics love Rangers, England fans also love GB / UK and Rangers are the flag bearers for the union in British football. Ofcourse there is banter between our nations, and some people (idiots) take it seriously, but generally Rangers are the only Scottish club that England fans would have any love for. The small minority who would say they dislike Rangers are left wing types who probably hate Britain anyway and moan about our ‘colonial’ past, and these generally aren’t football types. 

Spot on.  Amongst football fans in England there is a knowledge of the other mob being anti British and a strong preference for Rangers.

When Rangers lose I feel ill and want to lock myself away until the next game when we can put it right.

When Scotland lose its no big deal. I've even felt a wry smile sometimes. England are doing well and I wish them all the best. Ill be in a London boozer watching the semi and cheering them on. If they win then good for them, if they lose then meh.

Theres a feel good factor in England at the moment. Everyone gets behind the national side. Its good to be part of it.

1 hour ago, Blueshoff said:

Spot on.  Amongst football fans in England there is a knowledge of the other mob being anti British and a strong preference for Rangers.

The bit above is only true to some English fans as you don't see anything about them being anti-British in the papers, most people only know what they see on things like CL nights etc..

1 hour ago, Blueshoff said:

Nope, the media down there don't really vocalise that stuff so the majority of folk down there know celtic as the great celtic fans / club on CL nights etc. Met literally dozens of people who prefer them to us in the times I've lived down there

1 minute ago, mus said:

The bit above is only true to some English fans as you don't see anything about them being anti-British in the papers, most people only know what they see on things like CL nights etc..

I think because the ones I know are more right wing they seem to be more knowledgeable about the views of them and us.

6 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

I think because the ones I know are more right wing they seem to be more knowledgeable about the views of them and us.

You are probably right, the people who are more right wing/ unionist know what's what, but the average football fan hasn't got a clue, I mean I'm English nearly 50 and until I met my missus when I was younger I lived and breathed football but didn't have any idea what it was like in Scotland, but now when I talk to people to make it simple I just tell them Rangers-good, celtic-bad..

2 hours ago, BarclayClansmen said:

I agree. When I lived in England was always surprised how many had a soft spot for them. I used to ask how folk from london could favour a team whose support are pro IRA who bombed their city.  I was there in the 80s and london bombings were not history at that time. This used to make them think twice. 

19 minutes ago, FSM said:

I have no hatred for England or the England football team. I just don't want them to win the World Cup because it would make Mark Lawrenson happy, which is unthinkable imo.

I despise the prick. Wasn't good enough for England.

15 minutes ago, Brubear said:

I agree. When I lived in England was always surprised how many had a soft spot for them. I used to ask how folk from london could favour a team whose support are pro IRA who bombed their city.  I was there in the 80s and london bombings were not history at that time. This used to make them think twice. 

Ffs Mate a lots changed since the 80’s most English club sides now have a loyalist element to their support and the internet has made more people aware of the ideology of the pape loving anti British terrorist loving mob in green and grey.  You just need to look at the flags of English club teams and national team, our badge is everywhere. 

14 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Always annoys me how people can judge how much others are fans based on their political views or whatever other shit we are supposed to be represented by. What's wrong with simply supporting a team because you grew up watching the likes of Butcher, Laudrup, Jardine etc? You have no right to tell someone else they aren't a fan because they don't have the same views as yourself.

check the chronology of the thread pal. I responded to someone criticising Scottish Rangers fans for supporting England. By your logic what right does HE have to pass judgement? 

1 hour ago, mus said:

You are probably right, the people who are more right wing/ unionist know what's what, but the average football fan hasn't got a clue, I mean I'm English nearly 50 and until I met my missus when I was younger I lived and breathed football but didn't have any idea what it was like in Scotland, but now when I talk to people to make it simple I just tell them Rangers-good, celtic-bad..

Much the same as me ? 

10 hours ago, tannerall said:

True patriotism is not about loving everything about your country. 

.True patriotism is when you love the good stuff in your country, but hate the bad stuff.

And true patriotism does not mean you need to have ill will towards your neighbours either.

I like that 

means it's patriotic to hate sturgeon 

10 hours ago, Inigo said:

Jesus. You're trying very hard to be offended. 

This is turning into quite a tangent from the original point, but ok. I said 'many people' because I know not all folk that follow Rangers feel any great British element to it. I know I don't. I follow Rangers because it's family. And I know your next assumption, seeing as you seem to quite like leaping over chasms to your conclusions, is that that means I'm not a good, staunch Brit. Again, I don't see why I should have to explain, or why it's come to it given the discussion we were having, but to save the next post of not-staunch-enough angst from yourself (or to at least try in vain to do so), I'll point out what many people know on here; that I'm a no voting, British identifying Rangers fan... I just don't associate the two identities (British and Rangers) to any great depth. Which of course means I have to face down the occasional arrogance of someone that states that a Rangers fan should only ever conform to their narrow, staunch, perfect vision. 

But anyway, that's why I said 'that many people associate with the club'. Because some don't and folk follow Rangers in many ways for many reasons. I'd have thought that'd be obvious, but clearly from your bold punctuation rage, it's not.

As for 'some kind of nod to heritage', I take it that's not a staunch enough way of putting it for you? What about 'embracing of part of the culture associated with Rangers'?  Any better for you? Probably the same for 'not uncomfortable with Britishness'. All of which triviality has enabled us to neatly sidestep the actual point I was making. 

Listen, you clearly feel quite threatened in some way given the conclusions you draw and the worst possible interpretations you make of the phraseology I've been using. I can understand that in some senses, as Rangers fans generally take a pillorying. You'd do well not to invent enemies where they don't exist, though, and not demand that Rangers fans conform to your narrow mold. You'd be more of a threat to the club than anyone if you were successful in that.

It's been a while since I've had to deal with these kinds of posts. Tiresome stuff. Fairly sad that we've so quickly, and so defensively, moved to that point from simply suggesting a double standard. 

Let's look at the facts. You opened a thread that was clearly about the England team and you made a post calling Scottish Rangers fans (like myself) plastic for supporting England. Given you feel the way you do why open the thread and make the post other than to antagonise?

I'm not demanding that Rangers fans conform to a stereotype (again, it was YOU who criticised me as a Bear for supporting England in the first instance). My comments in reply to you are effectively explaining that - in my view - there is a natural synergy between Rangers and England (not least our songbooks) and that is MORE the case now than probably ever before given that most of us feel that we have been treated disgustingly by Scottish football and the ruling SNP.

I've supported Rangers my whole life and only come across a handful of people with your outlook. I just think it's a bit rich that someone who lacks passion for our traditional values goes about calling fellow Bears plastic. 

5 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

Let's look at the facts. You opened a thread that was clearly about the England team and you made a post calling Scottish Rangers fans (like myself) plastic for supporting England. Given you feel the way you do why open the thread and make the post other than to antagonise?

I'm not demanding that Rangers fans conform to a stereotype (again, it was YOU who criticised me as a Bear for supporting England in the first instance). My comments in reply to you are effectively explaining that - in my view - there is a natural synergy between Rangers and England (not least our songbooks) and that is MORE the case now than probably ever before given that most of us feel that we have been treated disgustingly by Scottish football and the ruling SNP.

I've supported Rangers my whole life and only come across a handful of people with your outlook. I just think it's a bit rich that someone who lacks passion for our traditional values goes about calling fellow Bears plastic. 

To point out the blatant hypocrisy. I don't particularly care whether it antagonises or not. I'm always hearing, especially on parts of this forum, that the truth shouldn't be held back just because it might upset people. Usually the term is 'snowflakes', but it's starting to seem that only SJWs that become upset at someone making a statement can be described as that, whereas with everyone else, as with with you here, I should think about whether it'll antagonised you or not? Obviously some things are better left unsaid, but all I did is point out a double standard, mate.

I said people will support whoever they want to, and that that's quite right, but that others can also point out the fundamental difference between international and club football, and in reation to that the double standards that are now being applied. Fellow bears aren't immune to criticism. I mean, you complain about that like there isn't a torrent of criticism between fellow Bears on this site all the time. If the sellic fans are plastics, then so are we if we behave similarly. 

And as for the traditional values, they're your values. Every single person on this forum will have a slightly different, some massively different, set of values and traditions they associate with Rangers. Given your previous leaps, I'm now wondering what oulook and values you've ascribed to me. What values I lack passion for. Seeing as i haven't actually suggested I lack passion for anything. 

1 hour ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

check the chronology of the thread pal. I responded to someone criticising Scottish Rangers fans for supporting England. By your logic what right does HE have to pass judgement? 

Agreed. He doesn't. My post was aimed at you but was at people saying youre not a Rangers fan unless you support England which is a lot of pish. 

13 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Agreed. He doesn't. My post was aimed at you but was at people saying youre not a Rangers fan unless you support England which is a lot of pish. 

Fair enough. Totally respect Bears not wanting England to win. It's personal choice. I maybe feel differently cos I live in England, have a lot of English mates and have always been treated well down here.