Emmanuel Eboue arrested for Arson

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Nah, that’s Jonny McFarlane. (He’s no actually a Hibs fan)

Fair play though. ??

Yup hands up then, I’ll disagree with plenty you have to say but I’m totally wrong there. Apologies 

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

I was being facetious. Looking at the images they’ve used, the one in the Rangers too is the only one the Record owns the copyright to. Others are copyrighted by Getty, AFP and Daily Mirror. 

so the record ONLY own 1 picture of eboue and thats of him in a Rangers top???

Just now, The Dude said:

They can but it is - either highest or second circulation in Scotland. Digital also growing rapidly. Think that’s more the bread and butter now anyway. 

They were significantly the highest, when resided in Anderston Quay - when they were impartial reporters.

Unlike now, infested with tims with an agenda to harm RFC, Orangegmen and conservative Scotland. 

Judging by the copyright notices on the images used, yes. Given how rarely he’d feature in Record stories I can’t say it is a surprise. 

any particular reason as to why they would only take a pic of him in a Rangers top???  seems a bit strange??????

Just now, WATP-FOREVER said:

They were significantly the highest, when resided in Anderston Quay - when they were impartial reporters.

Unlike now, infested with tims with an agenda to harm RFC, Orangegmen and conservative Scotland. 

Still in Anderston. Building replaced by one 100ft away. Reading habits change over time, still comfortably ahead of the rest with the Sun - which is nothing new. 

3 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

any particular reason as to why they would only take a pic of him in a Rangers top???  seems a bit strange??????

You’d need to ask the photographer. Likely that it would be one that could come handy in the future if Eboue was to be linked with a move to Ibrox etc. As well as just being a decent photo. 

Just now, The Dude said:

Still in Anderston. Building replaced by one 100ft away. Reading habits change over time, still comfortably ahead of the rest with the Sun - which is nothing new. 

I knew they'd moved - I was at Snodgrass in the 80s and the dr was a valued institute - no longer though, unless you're an oirish immigrant. 

Just now, WATP-FOREVER said:

I knew they'd moved - I was at Snodgrass in the 80s and the dr was a valued institute - no longer though, unless you're an oirish immigrant. 

Must be helluva lot of them in Scotland then. More than anyone’s given credit for. 

Just now, scottyscott1963 said:

Papers sold have halved in the last 7 year and are dropping by 20,000 a year. By my calculation,the DR is a goner as a hand held comic by 2025.

And digital has gone through the roof in that time. With a much wider potential customer base. It’s not just Scotland you can get it in now. Although, have your calculations taken into account existing newspaper readers who would likely see the paper they read close long before the Record (every one not called the Sun essentially) and whether or not there would be any transfer of readership? Just for accuracy since we’re all so fucking keen on it just now...

And digital has gone through the roof in that time. With a much wider potential customer base. It’s not just Scotland you can get it in now. Although, have your calculations taken into account existing newspaper readers who would likely see the paper they read close long before the Record (every one not called the Sun essentially) and whether or not there would be any transfer of readership? Just for accuracy since we’re all so fucking keen on it just now...

Sticking with the current times - this is a Rangers site and the dr are anti Rangers.

And there's no getting away from that however hard you're trying. 

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You can put the Sun on my "potential" list for the greyhounds. 

I do really enjoy when people tell someone who works in the media that newspapers are a dying medium? Well fuck. I’m glad that a plumber or a taxi driver or someone that works in a call centre had to tell us that people are not buying newspapers in the same way they were 30 yeas ago? We’d have never known otherwise. Maybe there’s a reason why all these newspapers all have really active websites and social media accounts which is behind a paywall or often has a shit load of advertising on them as they look to monetise digital content. 

Ill be sure to get on the phone immediately and let everyone at the Record know that people aren’t buying newspapers in the same volume as before. 

3 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Sticking with the current times - this is a Rangers site and the dr are anti Rangers.

And there's no getting away from that however hard you're trying. 

Yet here we are with Rangers happy to let them in the door.

37 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Well yes. It’s my job. I’ll give up my free time to do things that I want to do and enjoy - like helping a local junior side set up their club tv channel - but if I’m doing something ‘on demand’ for someone then I’d want paid.

I’ve chosen football journalism. I’ve made that clear on several occasions. I want to write about football. 

If the research is there then knock yourself out. Maybe a new calling awaits you in investigative journalism. I’m quite happy doing football. 

So journalism is your job but you don't want to do journalism? Or do you only do journalism when someone says 'You write this and we pay you that.'

You do realise that if you actually write a really good piece of journalism people will pay you for it. There is a great opportunity at the moment... Our new manager objects to several decisions on the field, Scottish press ignore it or attack him, in the meantime the English pick up on the story... You have a great opportunity to get in there with a ready made article about Scottish media bias, even against Gerrard. The English press will pick it up, run with the story, show up the amateurish locals, you get to defend the club and look good on here and maybe it opens a door for you in the national press or at least become highly respected in the game... Or maybe you prefer to keep doing what you're doing, meaning the DR gets to tick their box that they're providing a service to us Gers fans with your columns.

Me? I'm not a journalist, I don't have the connections or access to the resources necessary and I already have plenty work. You're probably the best placed on this forum to do this. What's putting you off?

57 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Vast majority of stuff, absolutely. Some has been absolute bullshit and rightly complained about. Folk often moan about stuff like Jackson’s column not being impartial seemingly forgetting that it’s an opinion. It won’t be impartial. That’s the point of them. In its news reporting though, yes. 

Load off absolute pish 

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I do really enjoy when people tell someone who works in the media that newspapers are a dying medium? Well fuck. I’m glad that a plumber or a taxi driver or someone that works in a call centre had to tell us that people are not buying newspapers in the same way they were 30 yeas ago? We’d have never known otherwise. Maybe there’s a reason why all these newspapers all have really active websites and social media accounts which is behind a paywall or often has a shit load of advertising on them as they look to monetise digital content. 

Ill be sure to get on the phone immediately and let everyone at the Record know that people aren’t buying newspapers in the same volume as before. 

Condescending wanker 

Just now, Bears said:

So journalism is your job but you don't want to do journalism? Or do you only do journalism when someone says 'You write this and we pay you that.'

You do realise that if you actually write a really good piece of journalism people will pay you for it. There is a great opportunity at the moment... Our new manager objects to several decisions on the field, Scottish press ignore it or attack him, in the meantime the English pick up on the story... You have a great opportunity to get in there with a ready made article about Scottish media bias, even against Gerrard. The English press will pick it up, run with the story, show up the amateurish locals, you get to defend the club and look good on here and maybe it opens a door for you in the national press or at least become highly respected in the game... Or maybe you prefer to keep doing what you're doing, meaning the DR gets to tick their box that they're providing a service to us Gers fans with your columns.

Me? I'm not a journalist, I don't have the connections or access to the resources necessary and I already have plenty work. You're probably the best placed on this forum to do this. What's putting you off?

Football journalism is my job. Inwant to write about football. Not half-baked conspiracy theories about how the media are out to get us. 

Christ, is that how it works? Here’s me been making a living from it for a few years now. Wow. Maybe I’ll ask a builder to build me a new house and if I like it then I’ll pay him for it. 

I never had the connections either. I put the work in off my own back and people came to me. Could be your chance.