Emmanuel Eboue arrested for Arson

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Arsenal have no connection to the story either. 

I might be missing something but didn’t the tweet in the op not headline that he was an ex Arsenal player, that justifies the use of him in an Arsenal strip, it does not justify the use of him in a Rangers shirt.

The whole thing about only using stock photos is crap, the Mirror ran the story using the same photo (credited to the rebel) they also used photos lifted from other sources) its not hard.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

So there is parity in how Rangers are treated by say the Rhebel and BBC Scotland in comparison to celtic?

No doubt similar parity in numbers of Rangers supporters and scum supporters (both at grunt level and senior/influential positions) within the NUJ too I'm sure...

In news reporting, generally yes (for the Record at least) I don’t really pay much attention to BBC Scotland’s news reporting since it’s usually well behind everyone else. 

No idea. Not a member of the NUJ. It’s nothing more than a trade union. 

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I might be missing something but didn’t the tweet in the op not headline that he was an ex Arsenal player, that justifies the use of him in an Arsenal strip, it does not justify the use of him in a Rangers shirt.

The whole thing about only using stock photos is crap, the Mirror ran the story using the same photo (credited to the rebel) they also used photos lifted from other sources) its not hard.

That’ll be because the photo is owned by the Record. The Mirror will have paid a few for use of it, like they do if they use any of the Record’s other content. As with the photos from other sources (just like the Record) they will be part of a library that they both pay to use (Getty/AFP/Reuters) above and beyond their own in-house libraries. 

33 minutes ago, The Dude said:

In news reporting, generally yes (for the Record at least) I don’t really pay much attention to BBC Scotland’s news reporting since it’s usually well behind everyone else. 

What article resulting in an IPSO complaint involving the scum has been upheld?

The NUJ is a trades union. Which heavily impacts on journalism in Scotland. And is riddled.  But you know that.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

What article resulting in an IPSO complaint involving the scum has been upheld?

The NUJ is a trades union. Which heavily impacts on journalism in Scotland. And is riddled.  But you know that.

No idea. I can’t say I sit I particularly pay much attention to it. 

In four or five years of doing this the only place folk have ever mentioned the NUJ to me is on here. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

No idea. I can’t say I sit I particularly pay much attention to it. 

In four or five years of doing this the only place folk have ever mentioned the NUJ to me is on here. 

I googled and found no evidence of scum complaint being made and upheld regards articles. Yet with Rangers there was. Funny that, maybe just another wee anomaly in this equalitarian treatment of both clubs by the rebel.

You should look into the NUJ more if you're pursuing this type of career. Plenty friends and contacts in there for you to make.

21 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I googled and found no evidence of scum complaint being made and upheld regards articles. Yet with Rangers there was. Funny that, maybe just another wee anomaly in this equalitarian treatment of both clubs by the rebel.

You should look into the NUJ more if you're pursuing this type of career. Plenty friends and contacts in there for you to make.

As I said, I’ve no idea, I don’t keep a track of them. If the complaints were upheld then that was rightly so. Out of curiosity, out of how many articles were there ones which caused an issue? I mean, obviously if there was such a deep-seated agenda to hurt Rangers it would be a fairly common occurrence? Not that any are acceptable but if they were properly out to get us there would be a fairly high proportion of stories which breached the IPSO guidelines? I mean, from September to June alone I’ve written around 3000 Rangers articles. 

Cheers for the advice but I’ve no interest in joining a trade union. 

As I said, I’ve no idea, I don’t keep a track of them. If the complaints were upheld now then that was rightly so. Out of curiosity, out of how many articles were there ones which caused an issue? I mean, obviously if there was such a deep-seated agenda to hurt Rangers it would be a fairly common occurrence? Not that any are acceptable but if they were properly out to get us there would be a fairly high proportion of stories which breached the IPSO guidelines? I mean, from September to June alone I’ve written around 3000 Rangers articles. 

Cheers for the advice but I’ve no interest in joining a trade union. 

Ill let you research that, that should be a strength of yours by now. What I feel Rangers should be complaining about and what they do clearly differs. Additionally complaints may be resolved behind closed doors.

Strange someone who writes so many Rangers articles isn't aware. Maybe it's just one of those things you don't bother yourself with. Like BBC Scotland.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Ill let you research that, that should be a strength of yours by now. What I feel Rangers should be complaining about and what they do clearly differs. Additionally complaints may be resolved behind closed doors.

Strange someone who writes so many Rangers articles isn't aware. Maybe it's just one of those things you don't bother yourself with. Like BBC Scotland.

Nah, I’ll not bother. Doesn’t need to be Rangers that complain. If you feel so strongly about the image used contact them.

Why would someone who writes articles about Rangers pay any interest to complaints involving celtic? In all honesty, unless it is a complaint that involves me then I couldn’t particularly care. Certainly not enough to go out my way to be keeping up to date with it. 

Nah, I’ll not bother. Doesn’t need to be Rangers that complain. If you feel so strongly about the image used contact them.

Why would someone who writes articles about Rangers pay any interest to complaints involving celtic? In all honesty, unless it is a complaint that involves me then I couldn’t particularly care. Certainly not enough to go out my way to be keeping up to date with it. 

The image doesn't hugely, it's just more of the usual shite from a rebel rag.

My previous post and the one you replied to specifically related to your awareness of Rangers related ipso issues. Not celtic. 

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Think i'll take next week off and go on a plumbing forum and argue with cunts i don't know, sounds great fun.

Imagine someone that’s used the forum regularly for six years using the forum regularly. How shocking. Surprise admin haven’t banned me for it tbh. 

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

The image doesn't hugely, it's just more of the usual shite from a rebel rag.

My previous post and the one you replied to specifically related to your awareness of Rangers related ipso issues. Not celtic. 

And again, unless it relates directly to me it’s not something I keep up with.