Emmanuel Eboue arrested for Arson

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Imagine someone that’s used the forum regularly for six years using the forum regularly. How shocking. Surprise admin haven’t banned me for it tbh. 

:lol:

Slippery slope towards a meltdown i reckon, replies are getting steadily worse.

Just now, The Dude said:

Aye you do seem to be getting a bit wound up that folk are using the forum when they aren’t working. 

Aye mate, pure wound up so i am.

Going to great lengths with my replies such is my wound upness:lol:

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

And again, unless it relates directly to me it’s not something I keep up with. 

Well that's a fucked up strategy akin to the Rab Marshall rules of hospitality manual that a blogger who writes daily the equivalent 11 Rangers related articles doesn't ever keep up to date with any Rangers ipso matters.

But yeah, I believe you.

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Well that's a fucked up strategy akin to the Rab Marshall rules of hospitality manual that a blogger who writes daily the equivalent 11 Rangers related articles doesn't ever keep up to date with any Rangers ipso matters.

But yeah, I believe you.

Why? I know and have to operate within the same guidelines they do. Why would I have any interest in keeping tabs on who does fuck up? 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Why? I know and have to operate within the same guidelines they do. Why would I have any interest in keeping tabs on who does fuck up? 

Because it's Rangers related. Because it's topical. Because it's a potential topic for an article / blog. Because you're full time in this environment. Because as a journalist I'm sure there's competition and it's good to know who fucked up. Because you once wanted balance on Rangers related matters.

Just because.

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Because it's Rangers related. Because it's topical. Because it's a potential topic for an article / blog. Because you're full time in this environment. Because as a journalist I'm sure there's competition and it's good to know who fucked up. Because you once wanted balance on Rangers related matters.

Just because.

It’s not particularly a potential topic for an article. It’s not something that would generate much traffic whatsoever imo. I’m not really sure I see where it’s good to know who fucked up. I know the guidelines, as long as my work remains within them then I couldn’t really care. If I’m being judged against any competition then I’d rather I was judged on the  strength of what I do rather than who has landed in shit with IPSO the least. That’s worked well enough for me so far in that the work I’ve had I have almost always been approached by them rather than me applying/making first contact so it must be working to some degree. 

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It’s not particularly a potential topic for an article. It’s not something that would generate much traffic whatsoever imo. I’m not really sure I see where it’s good to know who fucked up. I know the guidelines, as long as my work remains within them then I couldn’t really care. If I’m being judged against any competition then I’d rather I was judged on the  strength of what I do rather than who has landed in shit with IPSO the least. That’s worked well enough for me so far in that the work I’ve had I have almost always been approached by them rather than me applying/making first contact so it must be working to some degree. 

TheDude. A non competitive journalist with morals ??

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

A non competitive journalist with morals ??

As I said a long time ago in the thread, I just love football and want to get to write about it. Genuinely no interest in politicking my way through anything. More than happy to get paid to watch football and write about it. 

tbf to the dude at least he doesnt hide the fact he writes for the record.  not sure how this all came about but if the guy was honest enough to post what he does and where he works deserves a bit of respect??  must be awkward working for that paper and being a well known poster in here?

14 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

tbf to the dude at least he doesnt hide the fact he writes for the record.  not sure how this all came about but if the guy was honest enough to post what he does and where he works deserves a bit of respect??  must be awkward working for that paper and being a well known poster in here?

We know because he posted his article to get more hits and exposure. He far from hides the fact...