Emmanuel Eboue arrested for Arson

45 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Most likely because it’s an image they own  rather than having to pay a licensing fee to use from the likes of Getty or Reuters’ photo libraries. 

Fucking horseshit 

12 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

We don’t need 4 photos of Eboue to know it’s him, one is plenty. He played for Arsenal for the majority of his career, them picking a picture of him a Rangers top is intentional to bring our name down, regardless of the pish about ‘owning’ photos etc. The fact anycunt is defending them is just dugshite.

Exactly my thought, fuck sake, usually one is enough, think they have done that so they can throw in the picture of him in a Rangers top, we say something about it and they just say we'll we put four pictures of him up at random, aye rite, four fucking pictures indeed. 

22 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They have. It breaks the image up a wee bit more and makes it more visually appealing with multiple images since the headline is pretty weak. Given that he never played up here, an image of him in a Rangers is a handy one to keep around incase he was ever linked - and any photographer will have been right in about that m photo at the time with the same idea. It’s a good photo to have got at the time. He’s hardly likely to have shone in the match itself and been photographed. So there won’t be that many they own. I wouldn’t be surprised if the images in the it are the entirety of their Eboue images. 

Jesus christ.

You 100% don’t even believe what you are typing.

That post man. :lol: Tragic mate.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So they’ve used the exact same set of images back in December. Cheers for proving exactly what I’ve been saying 

Still doesn’t answer why the fuck they need to use one of him in a Rangers top when he has never had any sort of affiliation with Rangers. So cheers fuck all ya smug daily rebel wanker.

2 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Still doesn’t answer why the fuck they need to use one of him in a Rangers top when he has never had any sort of affiliation with Rangers. So cheers fuck all ya smug daily rebel wanker.

Because I’ve already explained it. 

26 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So it’s intentional to bring down Arsenal’s name too? They didn’t need to use an Arsenal image surely. 

You think its the same thing to use a photo of him in a strip of a club he is most commonly associated with (I couldn’t name another club he played for) and was at for 8 year, to using a photo of him in a Rangers top, who he has zero association with, in a paper that Rangers fans boycott? 

I refuse to believe you are genuinely that thick, so give it a rest. 

3 minutes ago, PRW. said:

You think its the same thing to use a photo of him in a strip of a club he is most commonly associated with (I couldn’t name another club he played for) and was at for 8 year, to using a photo of him in a Rangers top, who he has zero association with, in a paper that Rangers fans boycott? 

I refuse to believe you are genuinely that thick, so give it a rest. 

It seems to be the exact same four picture image they’ve used in previous stories about him. (Which also has him in an arsenal shirt).

6 minutes ago, Billythebear77 said:

No you’ve not, you’ve made a rip roaring cunt of yourself trying to defend(unsuccessfully)the shitty rag you work for 

Well tell me how it works then and what the process was to pick that picture out.

41 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Because the headline is weak as fuck. More photos makes it visually more appealing and gives it more chances of a click. It’s also a style the record appear to use with some stories. 

So what you’re saying is, they need to get hits, so let’s use this photo of him in a Rangers shirt ?

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

So what you’re saying is, they need to get hits, so let’s use this photo of him in a Rangers shirt ?

Not particularly. Absolutely could be, but normally it’s something which will catch the eye since the headline isn’t likely to. Place I was working earlier this year insisted we only used crowd shots for match reports since they were more vivid & colourful than an action shot featuring only one or two players

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Most likely because it’s an image they own  rather than having to pay a licensing fee to use from the likes of Getty or Reuters’ photo libraries. 

Took me 8 seconds to find an image on Google where you can use by only attributing....kind of pisses on your point

Just now, justiston said:

Took me 8 seconds to find an image on Google where you can use by only attributing....kind of pisses on your point

Almost certainly longer than it takes to type his name and hit search on their own photo library.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Not particularly. Absolutely could be, but normally it’s something which will catch the eye since the headline isn’t likely to. Place I was working earlier this year insisted we only used crowd shots for match reports since they were more vivid & colourful than an action shot featuring only one or two players

I still don’t see it as something innocently published because they needed clicks and it suits their style, if they only had him in a Scotland top ( and he had no association with Scotland) do you think an editor would allow it to be published ?

Just now, The Dude said:

Almost certainly longer than it takes to type his name and hit search on their own photo library.

I'd be very surprised if a newspaper solely stuck to a bank of images and didn't look to use their creative minds...

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I still don’t see it as something innocently published because they needed clicks and it suits their style, if they only had him in a Scotland top ( and he had no association with Scotland) do you think an editor would allow it to be published ?

Yes. 

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Headline isn’t likely to catch the eye? A footballer that has been arrested for setting fire to somewhere? Fuckoff man every argument you make is a ridneck.