Emmanuel Eboue arrested for Arson

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Unfortunately, that’s the kind of shite people read. 

Couldn't have summed up the record better myself :pipe:

In all seriousness though, when people are accusing them of having an agenda, or an anti-Rangers bias for using this image in a negative story, it's hardly evidence of the contrary to reference that they've used the same image before in what would be perceived by most to be a negative story also.

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

.......in a Rangers top. :tu:

Aye, that’s it. They thought folk were that soft in the head that by seeing a picture of Eboue in a Rangers shirt they would think Rangers were bad. Everyone has the time to sit around and scour photo libraries for images to could cast the slightest aspersions on Rangers’ name. 

1 minute ago, Spectre said:

Couldn't have summed up the record better myself :pipe:

In all seriousness though, when people are accusing them of having an agenda, or an anti-Rangers bias for using this image in a negative story, it's hardly evidence of the contrary to reference that they've used the same image before in what would be perceived by most to be a negative story also.

It’s the only one I seen on Twitter and Ian the sort of shit that sells. It’s not something that sits well with me but unfortunately folk prefer a car crash go a happy story. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Aye, that’s it. They thought folk were that soft in the head that by seeing a picture of Eboue in a Rangers shirt they would think Rangers were bad. Everyone has the time to sit around and scour photo libraries for images to could cast the slightest aspersions on Rangers’ name. 

That's been the records agenda for years. 

Just now, The Dude said:

I get the point that some can be a bit paranoid but, for those who are not eating sleeping and following everything Rangers, looking at that piece the first impression is that he played for Rangers at some point, when the fact is he probably had the shirt on  for 5 minutes.

It’s bad journalism and sloppy work but that’s to be expected from that rag, hope yours is a bit more Protestant like.

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Most likely because it’s an image they own  rather than having to pay a licensing fee to use from the likes of Getty or Reuters’ photo libraries. 

Not justified mate - you're suggesting that the only photo they've got of Eboue is wearing a Rangers jersey. 

Care to answer why that would be - unless it's because they expected Eboue to take up a role with the world health organisation.

By the way, I just checked Google images and there's at least fifty non copyrighted images. Free for the whole world to use - including the daily record. 

2 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

But he's an ex arsenal player. If they want to include a football photo then just use the arsenal one.....

You honestly can't stick up for them.here mate.

C'mon to fuck

Is the dr not a sister paper of the London based Daily Mirror.

Enough said really and the dudes a dud. 

I understand using owned photos instead of paying Getty. I have to do it in my job.

But do we believe that the Daily Record as part of a larger group doesnt own other copyright to photos of someone capped for his country 79 times and played over 200 times for Arsenal and Galatasary?

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Most likely because it’s an image they own  rather than having to pay a licensing fee to use from the likes of Getty or Reuters’ photo libraries. 

You’re a genuine embarrassment to our support. 

Ok i gave up waiting for an answer about the price of photos, I looked it up myself and it seems there are plenty of pics free that he doesn’t have a Rangers top on. So looks as if there is an agenda here that anyone who works for the record would deny.

They should be told they are not welcome on Thursday night.  Negative stories about us is fine, but linking negative stories through nothing more than the subject wearing a Rangers Top is not on!!

I think they do these things just to get attention as their sales are so shite like their stories.

Only need to use one photo and one that is appropropriate considering they say ex Arsenal player.

But they know our board will not contest everything like the  taigs do and have lawyers pounce on them ASAP.