Our club; our colours; our cause: is it too late?

I've been reading quite a few posts here - and on other sites - and there is an overwhelming sense that things have changed, perhaps irretrievably.  Our club is diminished by hostile forces in there press and even in the administration of the game.  Hostile are the responses to our presence and our culture/traditions seem to be losing some ground.  Is this the case?  Full disclosure: I live abroad and have done for over fifty years with occasional visits home and perhaps my assessment is incorrect/inaccurate.  Can we survive and thrive in the years ahead?  

9 minutes ago, The Widow's Son said:

I've been reading quite a few posts here - and on other sites - and there is an overwhelming sense that things have changed, perhaps irretrievably.  Our club is diminished by hostile forces in there press and even in the administration of the game.  Hostile are the responses to our presence and our culture/traditions seem to be losing some ground.  Is this the case?  Full disclosure: I live abroad and have done for over fifty years with occasional visits home and perhaps my assessment is incorrect/inaccurate.  Can we survive and thrive in the years ahead?  

I think we have been bullied pre-admin and since.Can't stand the thought of our great multiple world records being lost over time. I will tell you this though ....even my wife knows who SG is|!

Yours too maybe.

46 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

quote-never-fear-inevitably-we-shall-hav

We desperately need to get rid of the snp, they have given the tarrier fuckers in this great country a free reign.  Vote them out ppl, vote them the fuck out or live with a taig boot upon your neck. 

I can only re-iterate this legend of our history and these days, I watch it a lot more and every time it fills me with pride that a legend knew what would happen in the future as jealousy took a hold in the enemy.

Yes the tarriers are in the positions of power for now but there is no way I will ever break my bond for our club. It is not a thing that can be harmed when we are attacked, we bond together. It is not a thing we can ignore and not try to protect, the club is as precious to some as our family. It is not something we can walk from, one of the only things Ally got right in management was "We do not do walking away" (or was that just before he was manager, hazy there?).

Oh you're going to have the scum like the Marshall's, Grahams, Uncle Fester, Paul Murray et all but the ones who turn up for a friendly on a Friday night in numbers of 41K shows what the supporters think of our glorious club and reminds all in Scotland we will always follow on.

41K is more than most get for ONE game without the Rangers present.

3 minutes ago, rosco88 said:

Im just being a grumpy cunt, but really, things are genuinely looking up for the first time in ages. We should be embracing it.

Grumpy cunt, check, nothing wrong there! Just don't support the bloody SNP cunts or try and build any bridges, welcome back to the forum, it has changed in dynamic a wee bit.

PS To preempt your next question, BP9 is still retarded.

Thanks bud, I have the cunts next door to me with a massive flagpole + saltire. I dont have a st georges cross but I've got a 6x4 foot gers flag with a union flag as the backgroung. It's getting an airing

1 hour ago, Goosetav said:

Bit dramatic.

Can’t handle the truth? He’s fucking right. We’re getting horsed every chance. Dramatic it may be but it’s reality. Fuck me, the media take potshots every fucking day at us. The cunts need us for newspapers and internet sensation. What would they do without us? There’s your fucking drama. 

You dont get the life you deserve, you get the life you put up with.

We need the players not just to win, but win with style, win in a certain way. Since the whole admin carry on i think as a club we panicked and signed some shite and tolerated a lot more than we should have. We needed a core of guys (both on and off the park) who knew what it meant to be a Ranger. Unfortunately there were more than a few who didnt understand what was expected of them and who should have been shown the door.   These guys have to realise they are carrying on a tradition and the hopes of the supporters everytime they pull the jersey on.  

Please,  please make it 55 this season 

The tables have turned and where in the past we, Rangers would and did help the timmigrant club (Rangers sent McEwans across to parkhead when cfc couldn't get a sponsor) - but with them they were not only instrumental in our demise, but they tried to do everything to ensure our death - and still do I'd guess. 

And during the last +6 years of turmoil, only the Rangers support has kept us going - now we need the team to put in the effort that the support have put in, and the tables will turn again, soon enough. 

FTP

2 hours ago, AyrshireBlue said:

Can you still say you live abroad if you have been away for over 50 years?

(I am sure TWS would add his post).

Good question, apart from an 18month period and dozens of visits to Ibrox, (or other Rangers games) I've been away for over 30years and everyone knows, and there's no getting away from that I am a Scot. 

Scotland is a foreign place to my wife and children, but not to me. Although I am fucking astonished with Scottish politics and that our people vote for a republican, fenian snp. 

Yes there have been people queuing up to have a kick at us while we were down. Other wee shitey teams, the media and some politicians.

But we have not helped ourselves, our management have crawled away like cowed dogs when we are challenged. They have signed second (maybe even third rate) managers and players hoping to challenge septic for trophies on the cheap. The only constant has been the support that fill Ibrox and other grounds every week.

This season is promising to be a lot better, we hope. Winning games is the only way we can put these bastards back in their cages. When we are back fortress Ibrox and winning with style against the lesser lights in the SPFL then we will regain the respect we lost.

7 hours ago, rosco88 said:

Signed in for the first time in about two years and my god what a depressing post. We're winning the league and trampling all over those taigy scumbags. 

That is not what the OP was suggesting

Bravado is the easiest thing in the world

2 hours ago, OhW said:

I'm no fan of the Scottish media or the SNP but some of the creative writing on here does me make cringe from time to time.

Win football matches and everything will seem a lot better.

When was the last time you were creative ? Way too much bitching at OPs on here

When it's the 24/7 crew . No one bats an eyelid . Even when some if not most are shite . They all rep each other up for farting