Wigan Emails Out

jintybear

Just now, Captain Hilts said:

Wigan getting the Broomloan front according to the SLO. 

Good on them, hope they bring a big crowd and enjoy their trip to Ibrox. I wish that on almost every English team that comes up with the exception of Man United, Scouse cunts and Geordies. 

The small band of Bury fans enjoyed themselves the other night and had a few Rangers flags of their own, hopefully Wigan are the same.

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Taking a stand and not going because I’m getting shafted out my seat for Wigan fans, disgraceful

Aye but Rangers fans can locate easily to another part of the ground, the Wigan fans can't really - I'd happily do it if it meant the club brung in so many tens of thousands more in match day revenue from ticket sales. 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Aye but Rangers fans can locate easily to another part of the ground, the Wigan fans can't really - I'd happily do it if it meant the club brung in so many tens of thousands more in match day revenue from ticket sales. 

A wasn’t going anyway mate, according to a couple of their fans on Twitter they’ve sold half their tickets, only got 2400 

19 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Can't easily relocate. 

Just phoned up there and asked for tickets (I've got 3 in broomloan front) only to be told there's limited availability, there's no 2 or 3 together, and to try on Friday public sale when ST holder seats not taken will become available.

That's poor.

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Can't easily relocate. 

Just phoned up there and asked for tickets (I've got 3 in broomloan front) only to be told there's limited availability, there's no 2 or 3 together, and to try on Friday public sale when ST holder seats not taken will become available.

That's poor.

You can easily locate individually, just can't get 3 together (as you say) 

If it's young kids with you I'd be kicking up fuck tho

Just now, K.A.I said:

You can easily locate individually, just can't get 3 together (as you say) 

If it's young kids with you I'd be kicking up fuck tho

2 young kids so can't split up.

Something should be in place for this scenario. Typical Rangers that its not.

17 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Can't easily relocate. 

That's poor.

That must only be whilst the sale is on to ST holders as they can't tell how many will take their seats, there could be as many as 25,000 that go on general sale on Friday, the uptake of ST holders for the game Friday wasn't huge I am led to believe.

1 hour ago, mus said:

That must only be whilst the sale is on to ST holders as they can't tell how many will take their seats, there could be as many as 25,000 that go on general sale on Friday, the uptake of ST holders for the game Friday wasn't huge I am led to believe.

Correct, and I've no doubt that I'll get tickets, am going to go to TO before Friday. But it should still have been considered before hand so that all ST holders have an option to purchase prior to public sale. I don't unless I want to abandon young kids.

If the same issue arises in a cup or European game (where clubs can be entitled to more tickets than our current sections allow for), I'd imagine ST uptake would be high leaving me and others with young kids unable to go. I pay full whack for tickets, don't see why the club's desire to maximise ST holder numbers (Which I agree with and benefited from with 2 more tickets) should mean I just accept it's tough luck for families. A procedure should have been and needs to be put in place, likely from the non ST held seats, to accommodate us prior to public sale.

41 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Correct, and I've no doubt that I'll get tickets, am going to go to TO before Friday. But it should still have been considered before hand so that all ST holders have an option to purchase prior to public sale. I don't unless I want to abandon young kids.

If the same issue arises in a cup or European game (where clubs can be entitled to more tickets than our current sections allow for), I'd imagine ST uptake would be high leaving me and others with young kids unable to go. I pay full whack for tickets, don't see why the club's desire to maximise ST holder numbers (Which I agree with and benefited from with 2 more tickets) should mean I just accept it's tough luck for families. A procedure should have been and needs to be put in place, likely from the non ST held seats, to accommodate us prior to public sale.

You are right, what they should have done was given everybody who can't take their own seat due to the away team having that area should get a couple of days after the ST deadline and before general sale to move, can't believe they don't do this, especially as there is still over a fortnight till the game, hope you get sorted out ok!!