Welcome to Rangers, Coulibaly

DeanMK

1 minute ago, Bronzy said:

Gerrard factor first thing he mentions. Good that he speaks a good bit of English, should help him settle. 

Annoys me that he pronounces 'asks' as 'aks' though. Didn't realise that wasn't just a London thing. Vomit.

Just now, K.A.I said:

A guy who played half Angers games last season wouldn’t normally look at us twice? You serious mate? 

Not only that if you look at how many minutes he played last season it works out at like 9 full games in a team that finished 14th.

Forgive me if I’m not exactly excited.

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Mate I’m on holiday I’m chilled, but aye if I was playing in Ligue 1 I wouldn’t touch Scottish Football with a barge pole. 

It’s a team the stature of Rangers though ... Rangers > Angers bit part player 

cmon 

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Decent strategy? You having a laugh? He’s a typical signing in the mound of Faure or Argyiou even though they were defenders - he’s not even rated by his own team the mighty Angers 

This type of signing never works for us - remains to be seen if that trend will change under Gerrard but I think we will have a problem if Ejaria and this dude are our new look central midfield against the likes of celtic - we are totally ignoring the creative spark we need in there to go after a wee raw gem 

I don’t care who wants to get abusive with me over this post tbh we need a lot better and we all know it deep down 

Loan to potentially sign a hidden gem is, yes. Whether he's the right player or not I don't know, but it seems like that's the strategy, which is one that makes sense.

Could argue it's worked so far, as distinct from the 'simple loan'. Tried Murphy and then bought, tried Martin and ran a mile.

Remains to be seen if it'll bear fruit long term, but the idea makes an amount of sense.