Welcome to Rangers, Coulibaly

DeanMK

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Loan to potentially sign a hidden gem is, yes. Whether he's the right player or not I don't know, but it seems like that's the strategy, which is one that makes sense.

Could argue it's worked so far, as distinct from the 'simple loan'. Tried Murphy and then bought, tried Martin and ran a mile.

Remains to be seen if it'll bear fruit long term, but the idea makes an amount of sense.

How about we get a scouting department that can pick a decent player to go into the first team and be a winner to compete with celtic rather than trialling people on loan and seeing if they are good or not?

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Loan to potentially sign a hidden gem is, yes. Whether he's the right player or not I don't know, but it seems like that's the strategy, which is one that makes sense.

Could argue it's worked so far, as distinct from the 'simple loan'. Tried Murphy and then bought, tried Martin and ran a mile.

Remains to be seen if it'll bear fruit long term, but the idea makes an amount of sense.

I’ve got to disagree - the idea makes no sense all the signs point to another sub standard player at best or yet another cheap squad filler at worst 

obviously I’ve no crystal ball or anything but we need a lot better on the surface 

Fine with this signing, low risk, I assume low wages and a chance to buy him if he impresses. He was highly rated before his move to Angers and if it doesn’t work out here then at least we’re not stuck with him on a long term contract.

8 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Decent strategy? You having a laugh? He’s a typical signing in the mound of Faure or Argyiou even though they were defenders - he’s not even rated by his own team the mighty Angers 

This type of signing never works for us - remains to be seen if that trend will change under Gerrard but I think we will have a problem if Ejaria and this dude are our new look central midfield against the likes of celtic - we are totally ignoring the creative spark we need in there to go after a wee raw gem 

I don’t care who wants to get abusive with me over this post tbh we need a lot better and we all know it deep down 

Jsut because you haven’t heard of him doesn’t mean he’s shite!

its the whole point in having a scouting team.

basically what your saying if we had signed mahrez from le Harve before he went to Leicester he would of been a shite player/signing!

got to give player and scouting team a chance and judge him when we see him with our own eyes.

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Jsut because you haven’t heard of him doesn’t mean he’s shite!

its the whole point in having a scouting team.

basically what your saying if we had signed mahrez from le Harve before he went to Leicester he would of been a shite player/signing!

got to give player and scouting team a chance and judge him when we see him with our own eyes.

It’s nothing to do with never hearing about him, I never heard of Morelos but I was excited when he signed because he was Helsinki’s best player and a good goal scorer 

this guy is a bit part player for the mighty Angers who we are taking on loan to try and compete with celtic to see if he’s good 

Mehrez would have been La Harve’s best player and a stand out for them 

that’s my point let it sink in 

I’m not against players I’ve never heard of 

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

How about we get a scouting department that can pick a decent player to go into the first team and be a winner to compete with celtic rather than trialling people on loan and seeing if they are good or not?

Yeah, maybe so. The problem with that is probably not being able to afford mistakes.  So try before you buy coul be the poor man's option, in comparison to say sellic, although they seem to be doing it as well now. 

Also, try before you buy doesn't mean they don't think he's first team ready. Maybe he is. But if you can still take the try before buy option, why wouldn't you? Need to see how it all pans out, but I can see some things that could make it a sensible policy. 

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It’s nothing to do with never hearing about him, I never heard of Morelos but I was excited when he signed because he was Helsinki’s best player and a good goal scorer 

this guy is a bit part player for the mighty Angers who we are taking on loan to try and compete with celtic to see if he’s good 

Mehrez would have been La Harve’s best player and a stand out for them 

Mahrez played 17 games in league 2 the season before Leicester signed him.

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

We signed katic from a unknown Croatian mob to compete with the scum! Give the player a chance before writing him off ffs

Just now, Roy Hobbs said:

60 games in 2 and a half years and a regular player and scorer in their reserves before that - he was rated 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

We signed katic from a unknown Croatian mob to compete with the scum! Give the player a chance before writing him off ffs

Your another that’s just ignored the point I made he was highly regarded and rated and I think their captain 

hardly the same as this guy - I know you’ve a reputation for being thick but at least make an effort to understand my point of view it’s laid out clearly in the post you quoted 

I am not writing him off either ffs I just said I’ve no Cristal ball my comment is on the raw gem talk - he’s no different to any sub standard unknown guys we’ve gambled on before going on his figures 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:
4 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

60 games in 2 and a half years and a regular player and scorer in their reserves before that - he was rated 

I love it when posters start a google war. ?

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Your another that’s just ignored the point I made he was highly regarded and rated and I think their captain 

hardly the same as this guy - I know you’ve a reputation for being thick but at least make an effort to understand my point of view it’s laid out clearly in the post you quoted 

I am not writing him off either ffs I just said I’ve no Cristal ball my comment is on the raw gem talk - he’s no different to any sub standard unknown guys we’ve gambled on before going on his figures 

Aye but comparing him to Faure and Argiryou is a bit much 

Puzzled at this one. We now have 9 CM none of who are particularly creative going forward. Alot of wages when we are crying out for some flair going forward or more quality wingers. We all know Windass isn't going to win us the league starting each game..

1) Jack

2) Rossiter 

3) McCrorie

4) Dorrans

5) Coulibaly

6) Arfield

7) Docherty

8 ) Ejaria

9) Barjonas

even Halliday! for what looks like 2 CM spots.

Just now, Roy Hobbs said:

£450k rated.

He was a bargain so what? Bargains happen ... was he in the last year of his contract and on low wages for example?

but ok let’s firget that and every non entity we sign will all turn out like Mahrez - I said I’ve no idea if Gerrard can get a massive return out of him and buck the trend of doing nothing with players like this 

Just now, K.A.I said:

How so? They were foreigners who were bit part players with their clubs who we took cheap gambles on 

Faure wasn’t a bit part player he was a youth player with 1 appearance in senior football before we got him, Argyriou played 8 games in the Greek league before us. This guy tbf to him has around 40 appearances at a high level which is good for his age.

Just now, K.A.I said:

He was a bargain so what? Bargains happen ... was he in the last year of his contract and on low wages for example?

but ok let’s firget that and every non entity we sign will all turn out like Mahrez - I said I’ve no idea if Gerrard can get a massive return out of him and buck the trend of doing nothing with players like this 

I've no idea if this will turn out well, and history with us would suggest not, but nobody had heard of Mahrez before he signed for Leicester. He was far from rated.