Welcome to Rangers, Coulibaly

DeanMK

21 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Your another that’s just ignored the point I made he was highly regarded and rated and I think their captain 

hardly the same as this guy - I know you’ve a reputation for being thick but at least make an effort to understand my point of view it’s laid out clearly in the post you quoted 

I am not writing him off either ffs I just said I’ve no Cristal ball my comment is on the raw gem talk - he’s no different to any sub standard unknown guys we’ve gambled on before going on his figures 

Others have another point of view, which is to give the guy a chance and trust the scouting system we have in place. It's obviously SG sees something in the guy. 

Unless you'd wish them to run each signing past you before they commit. 

8 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Your another that’s just ignored the point I made he was highly regarded and rated and I think their captain 

hardly the same as this guy - I know you’ve a reputation for being thick but at least make an effort to understand my point of view it’s laid out clearly in the post you quoted 

I am not writing him off either ffs I just said I’ve no Cristal ball my comment is on the raw gem talk - he’s no different to any sub standard unknown guys we’ve gambled on before going on his figures 

People are saying hopefully he is ffs hardly saying he's the next kante ffs.  Nobody's knows what hes gonna be like but hes a few hours in the door so its better to be positive than negative try it.

Your writing him off because of were he has come from lets get it right

9 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Puzzled at this one. We now have 9 CM none of who are particularly creative going forward. Alot of wages when we are crying out for some flair going forward or more quality wingers. We all know Windass isn't going to win us the league starting each game..

1) Jack

2) Rossiter 

3) McCrorie

4) Dorrans

5) Coulibaly

6) Arfield

7) Docherty

8 ) Ejaria

9) Barjonas

even Halliday! for what looks like 2 CM spots.

Barjonas loaned to thistle m8.

We signed cuellar who nobody had ever heard of an he was a bit part player for osasuna means nothing some managers won’t play a player no matter how good he is if they don’t like him or they fall out

dunno a thing about this boy or the one from Roma so instead of trying to find out anything about them we might aswell wait an see in the flesh, he Won’t be as bad as dalcio an if he is he’ll go back where he came from, at 1.8m that was paid for him from another French team he must be half decent.

8 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Puzzled at this one. We now have 9 CM none of who are particularly creative going forward. Alot of wages when we are crying out for some flair going forward or more quality wingers. We all know Windass isn't going to win us the league starting each game..

1) Jack

2) Rossiter Aye Fucked

3) McCrorie

4) Dorrans

5) Coulibaly

6) Arfield

7) Docherty Loan

8 ) Ejaria

9) Barjonas Loan

even Halliday! for what looks like 2 CM spots. Get rid

Sorted.

48 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

He said so basically in his interview mate

New players immediately praise the manager, support, and club every time they sign for a team.  They may as well be reading from a script.

Most footballers are motivated by money and maybe he views Scottish football as a means to put himself in the shop window for clubs down South. Of course, he wouldn't state that publicly.

49 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I’ve got to disagree - the idea makes no sense all the signs point to another sub standard player at best or yet another cheap squad filler at worst 

obviously I’ve no crystal ball or anything but we need a lot better on the surface 

were PSG not looking to sign him before they got lassana diarra??  surely if PSG even gave his a 2nd glance he must have something about whether he got the move or not???

no shame in a young player being knocked back for diarra

2 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

ligue 1 is not particularly good outside the big 2-3 teams

France has produced far more players playing in the world cup than any other nation By far. They might no longer play there, but they all started there.

58 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Decent strategy? You having a laugh? He’s a typical signing in the mound of Faure or Argyiou even though they were defenders - he’s not even rated by his own team the mighty Angers 

This type of signing never works for us - remains to be seen if that trend will change under Gerrard but I think we will have a problem if Ejaria and this dude are our new look central midfield against the likes of celtic - we are totally ignoring the creative spark we need in there to go after a wee raw gem 

I don’t care who wants to get abusive with me over this post tbh we need a lot better and we all know it deep down 

Spot on Kai

We have been here the last 3 years 

The excitement of the new season does this to many 

We may sign loads of loanees but DK looks like he has stopped the spending 

I don't think we will get any marquee signings of note whatsoever 

2 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

were PSG not looking to sign him before they got lassana diarra??  surely if PSG even gave his a 2nd glance he must have something about whether he got the move or not???

no shame in a young player being knocked back for diarra

First I’ve heard of that but again it’s still in line with my point that it’s just potential - we never develop potential what makes him different? 

We need to spend cash on quality not this continued failed strategy 

Just now, Roy Hobbs said:

France has produced far more players playing in the world cup than any other nation By far. They might no longer play there, but they all started there.

thats now what i said tho.  i meant the actual standard of the teams outwith the top 3 is pretty average at best

Our central midfield badly lacked physicality and dig last season.  If this lad can bring that then I'm all for it.  We don't need him to be creative we just need him to put himself about and not let us be bullied as we have been over the previous 2 years.  If we put Arfield to his left and someone similar (Steven Davis perhaps?) to his right then we'll be much improved from last season.  I know we have other CDMs in the form of McCrorie, Rossiter, and Jack but there's question marks over all of them and we needed reinforcements in that area.  

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

First I’ve heard of that but again it’s still in line with my point that it’s just potential - we never develop potential what makes him different? 

We need to spend cash on quality not this continued failed strategy 

spot on regards developing players and for as long as i can remember we have been terrible at it and more a buying of developed players club.  regards spending cash i think we both know that will never happen to the level what possibly me and yourself would agree is acceptable so we are kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place

48 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It’s nothing to do with never hearing about him, I never heard of Morelos but I was excited when he signed because he was Helsinki’s best player and a good goal scorer 

this guy is a bit part player for the mighty Angers who we are taking on loan to try and compete with celtic to see if he’s good 

Mehrez would have been La Harve’s best player and a stand out for them 

that’s my point let it sink in 

I’m not against players I’ve never heard of 

But how can you be against someone you’ve never seen play?

mahrez probably wasn’t la harve best player hence why they let him go for £450,000

the point is some players play better at other teams and loads of factors go into that like might suit certain league,the manager,system they play etc etc 

just cant believe you’ve written off a guy off you’ve never seen play