Welcome to Rangers, Coulibaly

DeanMK

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Spot on Kai

We have been here the last 3 years 

The excitement of the new season does this to many 

We may sign loads of loanees but DK looks like he has stopped the spending 

I don't think we will get any marquee signings of note whatsoever 

i never expected real big money to be spent this summer but i did expect one big name player to sign but that doesnt look like it will happen either.  i have a feeling that we may be close to our transfers this summer with possibly a loan or 2 coming towards the end of the window

1 minute ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Scorer in the reserves ? highly rated then 

He was obviously coming through the ranks and nurtured which is the point and adds to the theory that he was rated 

don’t act obtuse and stupid 

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

But how can you be against someone you’ve never seen play?

mahrez probably wasn’t la harve best player hence why they let him go for £450,000

the point is some players play better at other teams and loads of factors go into that like might suit certain league,the manager,system they play etc etc 

just cant believe you’ve written off a guy off you’ve never seen play 

They're not a big team so 450k is probably a decent amount of cash for them

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

He was obviously coming through the ranks and nurtured which is the point and adds to the theory that he was rated 

don’t act obtuse and stupid 

IF he is shite as you may think then it’s no big deal we send him back after a year at least he won’t be on a contract like Pena,Herrera etc

we we will get a couple big name players wether it be on loan or a signing I’m not sure but some will arrive.

He fancies himself as a ball winning midfielder which would seem to fit in to what Gerrard is trying to do. 

This sits fine with me in all honesty. Won't be on a sizeable wage and we're not stuck with him at the end of the season if he's pish. 

Just now, Captain Hilts said:

He fancies himself as a ball winning midfielder which would seem to fit in to what Gerrard is trying to do. 

This sits fine with me in all honesty. Won't be on a sizeable wage and we're not stuck with him at the end of the season if he's pish.  

That's the way I see it, if he comes in and is amazing then we'll most likely have an option on him.

If he comes in and is pish we can send him back and haven't lost very much.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Sounds like a great young lad, welcome to Rangers  

Stevie G is attracting a lot of players that probably wouldn’t have looked at us twice. 

McGregor and Arfield were well on their way to becoming Rangers players before Gerrard was even appointed.  Mark Allen said the scouting system had identified Katic and we would've no doubt pursued him this summer regardless of manager.  Goldson wanted regular football after a difficult few years at Brighton which we could offer and it obviously played a big part in his decision to move here.  I can buy in to the idea that Gerrard had personal knowledge of Ejaria and Sadiq and he takes a lot of credit for bringing these two promising youth prospects here.  Do we know if Gerrard had personal knowledge of Coulibaly or were we scouting him anyway?  

Normally I'd credit any manager for the signing of a player under their reign but that changed with Pedro.  JJ identified Morelos and recommended him as a signing therefore it was deemed that Pedro should be given no credit whatsoever.  So if our DoF and scouting system are identifying and bringing Arfield, McGregore, and Katic here, shouldn't they get the credit?  

When people spoke about 'The Gerrard Effect' I was expecting a higher calibre of player coming to Scottish football that we normally could attract.  All of the players we've signed so far don't fall in to that category.  I don't think Rangers NEED Steven Gerrard in order to lure players here and many do the club a disservice by implying it.  We're still a massive club and a global brand which is why Gerrard came here in the first place!

I think Coulibaly will be a really decent signing, based on the videos I’ve seen of him (which show the good & bad side) 

He’ll be well suited to Scottish football & the style we’re playing. He has some work to do on the technical side of the game, capable of really good & pretty poor aspects on the ball. However he looks superb in the tackle, big, powerful, pacey, athletic & full of energy.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

McGregor and Arfield were well on their way to becoming Rangers players before Gerrard was even appointed.  Mark Allen said the scouting system had identified Katic and we would've no doubt pursued him this summer regardless of manager.  Goldson wanted regular football after a difficult few years at Brighton which we could offer and it obviously played a big part in his decision to move here.  I can buy in to the idea that Gerrard had personal knowledge of Ejaria and Sadiq and he takes a lot of credit for bringing these two promising youth prospects here.  Do we know if Gerrard had personal knowledge of Coulibaly or were we scouting him anyway?  

Normally I'd credit any manager for the signing of a player under their reign but that changed with Pedro.  JJ identified Morelos and recommended him as a signing therefore it was deemed that Pedro should be given no credit whatsoever.  So if our DoF and scouting system are identifying and bringing Arfield, McGregore, and Katic here, shouldn't they get the credit?  

When people spoke about 'The Gerrard Effect' I was expecting a higher calibre of player coming to Scottish football that we normally couldn't attract.  All of the players we've signed so far don't fall in to that category.  I don't think Rangers NEED Steven Gerrard in order to lure players here and many do the club a disservice by implying it.  We're still a massive club and a global brand which is why Gerrard came here in the first place!

i said that to my friend last night.  not one player we have signed this summer has specifically been signed due to gerrards pulling power.    that will only really come into effect if or when we make a move for a household name player and their is offers from mid - bottom EPL teams or dare i say they cunts.

14 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Friday night showed the recruits could play.

These two you have to trystbin Gerrard and hisceye for a player but to right them off is fullish surely.

Do you use the same tablet as inigo floopy?