Show Rodgers The Red Card - A Grubb Like No Other

Virtuoso

7 hours ago, The Dude said:

Literally never. 

I am not a fan of the article itself but I kind of understand what he's getting at.

You just need to look at the Hibs SC final and Motherwell Play off game. The board basically curled up in the fetal postion and let other clubs / SFA boot fuck out of us with no meaningful defence of the fans. The VB are good for those kind of situations. They should stay away from writing about the scum, unless it directly involves Rangers though.

10 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

I don’t know what I’m reading until I’ve read it, then I comment about what I’ve read  

“don’t read it then” means I’ve to guess what I’m about to read which is weird  

is it only positive posts people want to read on here? 

You said not long ago you wouldn't read anymore of their peices?

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

I know plumb but I can’t help myself. ?

Well read them and keep your comments to yourself mate, better that way.

My granny used to tell me that if i had nothing decent to say i should say nothing and never ever tell a lie.

just read the article.  so rodgers is claiming logan brought it upon himself?  how the fuck does that even work? end of the day he was racially abused and nothing the player does can change that unless he does a michael jackson and turns black into white.

genuinely dont understand why we got fucked at the beginning of the season over sinclair ( iirc was our fan not plastered all over the front pages etc ) and they literally get away with it.  presuming their fan(s) have been named and shamed publicaly as well

11 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Look. All we need to do is win at football and everything else will take care of itself. 

I care not a jot about what they do. I do care though what Rangers bloggers etc do though. 

So when they wave KAH banners, hit children with bottles, attack Rangers pubs all while playing the perpetual victim card you don’t care............

8 hours ago, standup said:

If an enemy is attacking traditions, then surely it is right that those traditions be defended and the enemies be attacked. Defending Our Traditions is what it says on the VB tin I believe. Cant understand how some Rangers fans are very quick to decry VB articles.  

What specific traditions in that article are the VB defending?

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Well read them and keep your comments to yourself mate, better that way.

My granny used to tell me that if i had nothing decent to say i should say nothing and never ever tell a lie.

Your Gran seemed a decent soul.

My Gran used to say to me “let your voice be heard cos you’re a long time dead” 

8 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Your Gran seemed a decent soul.

My Gran used to say to me “let your voice be heard cos you’re a long time dead” 

But your a confirned liar now so i can't trust that she did say that:p:

She still is a decent soul tbf, 80 years of age and fit as a fiddle.

5 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

"May all who look upon the old club with a friendly eye stand prepared, by precept and example, to protect its interests and its good name"

I'd say highlighting the utter hypocrisy of a football club & and their fans, who constantly attempt to besmirch our club with lies & accusations - fulfils that brief.

Established in 2007, Vanguard Bears are a group of Loyalist & Unionist Rangers supporters, whose aims are to ensure that the good standing and unionist tradition of THE quintessential British Club is maintained, and to support the Protestant Unionist Loyalist community in Scotland, Ulster and beyond. Our motto "Defending Our Traditions" refers to this.

Very little I have read from them refers to anything remotely linked to this. If they did I would have much more respect for their blogs. 

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Established in 2007, Vanguard Bears are a group of Loyalist & Unionist Rangers supporters, whose aims are to ensure that the good standing and unionist tradition of THE quintessential British Club is maintained, and to support the Protestant Unionist Loyalist community in Scotland, Ulster and beyond. Our motto "Defending Our Traditions" refers to this.

Very little I have read from them refers to anything remotely linked to this. If they did I would have much more respect for their blogs. 

Maybe if they decided to broadcast what they do for the larger PUL community then people would maybe take a different view of them - but recognition or plaudits isn't what they seek.

22 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

You think ?

I would suggest otherwise - if the standard defence is that someone brings it upon himself - what hope is there for young lassies on a night out who dare to wear a mini skirt and suffer unwelcome male advances. Is she asking for it ?

Furthermore it highlights the considerable double standard celtic are operating to - given the conduct of the likes of Lennon (at both celtic & Hibs) Boruc and more recently Griffiths. The majority of gesture behaviour involving the aforementioned occurs when facing Rangers and has always been the source of considerable debate on here.

celtic are atempting to minimise racial conduct by

(1) Suggesting a player's own conduct or behaviour was the catalyst to it

(2) While offering such a tawdry defence - ignoring the fact their own players regularly involved themselves in similar conduct particularly against Rangers.

To be honest, partisan feelings aside, its an absolutely unedifying & scandalous line of defence, I only wish Id read such scathing criticism of it in the MSM rather than from a Rangers fan site blog.

I don’t think anyone disagrees that what that smarmy prick Rodgers has said is out of order. 

I think it would be better received if they made it more factual, and had less of a ‘look how clever we are’ feel. 

Make it evidence based. Include embedde video clips / images of said incidents and list the response / action from the SFA / SPFL. Or write formally on behalf of a fans group to said parties. 

This type of article / medium just doesn’t work.