Steven Gerrard Press Conference

27 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Weird that we registered Rossiter even though he’s out for a few weeks but we haven’t registered Wallace

Rossiter has a chance of playing the qualifier which Wallace doesn't, going by a post on FF. Still got another squad to submit before the groups

21 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Rossiter has a chance of playing the qualifier which Wallace doesn't, going by a post on FF. Still got another squad to submit before the groups

Don’t think he does if he’s gonna be out for a few weeks 

1 minute ago, The Wire said:

Loved the way he dealt with the question about Cooper, reminding the reporter that he said to him last week that he doesn't speculate on other clubs players. 

I was the same, he wont take shit from the idiot journalists up here.

3 minutes ago, Geo17 said:

I was the same, he wont take shit from the idiot journalists up here.

One of his biggest assets to us imho. Resetting the balance of power between the club and what passes for a free press is a key part of us returning to dominance.

22 minutes ago, The Wire said:

Loved the way he dealt with the question about Cooper, reminding the reporter that he said to him last week that he doesn't speculate on other clubs players. 

Enjoyed that but still wish he'd watch some videos of Shankly and Jock Wallace on dealing with stupid questions, don't always need to be nice Stevie

15 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Like the sound of Coulibaly, strong snapping into tackles and a ball winner, hopefully the description is accurate as we have missed that for the last 6 years

He's a destroyer type midfielder. Loved that comment. 

Glad to hear rossiter won't be out for too long, going by Stevie's answer and some press reports hopefully he'll be ready for the 1st league game. This is a big season for him and under a manager that knows him well he could certainly be a big player for us but he needs to stay fit or it's most likely going to be his last season.

Thought Gerrard answered the questions admirably and professionally unlike the halfwit this time last year. 

17 hours ago, The Wire said:

Me too. 

Cant imagine Traynor ever having to pull him out a press conference because he wasn’t dealing with questions authoritively enough. 

Good to see SG show he’s the one in control. 

17 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Enjoyed that but still wish he'd watch some videos of Shankly and Jock Wallace on dealing with stupid questions, don't always need to be nice Stevie

I think he's got the balance right. He's firm and shows he won't take any daft shit, but he isn't confrontational. 

Hasn't achived anything as a manager yet so doesn't  have the authority to really tear into them yet IMO. 

5 hours ago, The Wire said:

I think he's got the balance right. He's firm and shows he won't take any daft shit, but he isn't confrontational. 

Hasn't achived anything as a manager yet so doesn't  have the authority to really tear into them yet IMO. 

Never found Jock Wallace of Shanks confrontational ?

On 11/07/2018 at 16:18, The Dude said:

I really like him and think if he can stay fit he’ll be a massive player for us. Comes across as a really likeable guy. 

I agree but sadly I don’t think he’ll ever stay fit, it’s probably psychological now aswell as physical. Can’t see the lad having much of a career once his contract with us is up because let’s face it who’s going to take a chance on someone who’s played less than 10 games in two years and is still getting constantly injured.

Really hope I’m wrong because from what I’ve seen he looks like a cracking player with a top attitude aswell, all the makings of a future captain imo but just can’t see him ever being fit longer than a couple of weeks.