Alves gone

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

We reached an agreement with him - he will have got something from us 

Yes, he got out of his contract allowing him to join another club without a fee. Beyond that we cannot just assume we paid him off. Maybe we did, maybe we didn’t. I hope you are wrong about this. 

14 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Yes, he got out of his contract allowing him to join another club without a fee. Beyond that we cannot just assume we paid him off. Maybe we did, maybe we didn’t. I hope you are wrong about this. 

Might be wrong but the wording suggests we made a deal tho 

Seems to me Steven Gerrard has been bold enough to say he does not need yesterday's big name player because what he wants from his players is the hunger, willingness to work for him and for Rangers, and the pace and power of youth with upcoming talent.     Unfortunately Alves was never a Rangers, Rangers, Rangers and only Rangers player whereas SG seems to me to want exactly that mentality and keenness to win.    If the players don't have the right mindset and hunger for success then no matter their name and reputation its not bigger than Rangers, and its not better than Gerrard's own...…….so out they go. 

7 hours ago, K.A.I said:

We reached an agreement with him - he will have got something from us 

Reaching agreement to let him leave will allow him to get a signing on fee instead of his new club paying a transfer fee.  He probably gets same salary with new club but can sign say a 2 year deal instead of only having 1 year to go with us.   We get him off the wage bill, new club saves on transfer fee and Alves gets a longer contract.   That suits all parties.

2 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Reaching agreement to let him leave will allow him to get a signing on fee instead of his new club paying a transfer fee.  He probably gets same salary with new club but can sign say a 2 year deal instead of only having 1 year to go with us.   We get him off the wage bill, new club saves on transfer fee and Alves gets a longer contract.   That suits all parties.

I just don’t want us paying him a fortune to move on and get a good deal elsewhere - not just Alves in general I mean it really gets to me 

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I just don’t want us paying him a fortune to move on and get a good deal elsewhere - not just Alves in general I mean it really gets to me 

To be honest, my post is simply conjecture although I do think I am not too far off the truth.

2 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

To be honest, my post is simply conjecture although I do think I am not too far off the truth.

You might be right tbh the term agreement could mean anything from Alves agreeing to walk away for free to us agreeing to pay 75% of his wage to save 25% .. who knows - it’s just in general the amount of talent we sign and reach agreements with is staggering 

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

You might be right tbh the term agreement could mean anything from Alves agreeing to walk away for free to us agreeing to pay 75% of his wage to save 25% .. who knows - it’s just in general the amount of talent we sign and reach agreements with is staggering 

That is no doubt why we still have Halliday, Hodson, Herrera, Forrester and Cardoso on the books.

1 minute ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Stevie-G said in his interview that his contact was terminated with mutual content. That indicates that there was no pay off just a simple move.

I don't think that's how it works bud. he would have went for say 1/4 of his last year's salary.