Ibrox refurbishment, the next stage

rabc10000

6 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

any ideas on how much money all in would the club be looking at  for a FULL refurb of ibrox??  would it not make more sense to look at building a new 60k+ seater stadium???

Why spend the money on a 60K new stadium and knock down our history?  Ibrox has been our home for over 100 years,also the stadium was dedicated to the 66, that makes it sacrosanct.  celtic bulldozed their history when they received state aid, I'd hate for Rangers to take that route. I think the restoration work will be around 10M in total.

11 hours ago, GlasgowsBlue said:

I'd rip the big screens out and fill they corners in with extra seats, it would pay for itself in no time

I think use of the big screens should be marketed differently, I would go along the lines mentioned in this article https://www.adweek.com/digital/sports-teams-are-putting-instagram-stories-on-jumbotrons-to-keep-fans-eyes-on-the-action/

17 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

The Sandy Jardine Stand is completely overclad with a 40yr cladding warranty. The stands behind the goals are next along with the GRP sheeting on the sides. Undersides of all three stands will be done bit by bit in small stages 

Pity Fat Mike didnt feel like doing anything but let's keep ripping into King meantime ?

Sorry when did Mike run the club? Did I miss something?

10 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Why spend the money on a 60K new stadium and knock down our history?  Ibrox has been our home for over 100 years,also the stadium was dedicated to the 66, that makes it sacrosanct.  celtic bulldozed their history when they received state aid, I'd hate for Rangers to take that route. I think the restoration work will be around 10M in total.

I would have no problem knocking down 3 sides of Ibrox and starting again. 

As for the idea that stadium was dedicated to the 66 and it’s sacrosant, that’s a load of bollocks. The stadium was redeveloped so another disaster could never happen, the same way that any new stadium would be built. 

10 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Whilst I agree with most of your post, the highlighted bit is nothing but guess work on your part, you have absolutely no idea what the cost would be!!

15 hours ago, JM1872 said:

Surely be able to refurb the brickwork despite its listed status? It is looking aged these days. Maybe it will only need a clean anyway, but it looks neglected.

They will be happy to bend over for the most successful club in the world, don't worry, they can have their shit little pathway to the stadium, we will have an avenue of awesomeness!

21 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

As for the idea that stadium was dedicated to the 66 and it’s sacrosant, that’s a load of bollocks. The stadium was redeveloped so another disaster could never happen, the same way that any new stadium would be built. 

I love Ibrox the way it is mate, just needs tarted up a bit, new seats concourse and toilets giving a make over, along with the work they’re currently doing with roofs etc. 

Ibrox is a fucking gem, steeped in history and tradition. When in full voice atmosphere is second to none. No need for a rebuild imo. 

Love the place ??

17 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

King, Sir Minty and the Hairdo, slashed the budget for the upkeep of the stadium when they were here the last time and it was never put right  

So aye we can rip into him. 

Nah it was the big bad man from the bank that done that, they just done the good bits.

3 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

I think use of the big screens should be marketed differently, I would go along the lines mentioned in this article https://www.adweek.com/digital/sports-teams-are-putting-instagram-stories-on-jumbotrons-to-keep-fans-eyes-on-the-action/

Good shout. They aren't going anywhere anytime soon and we need to be innovative with how we use them so that we get maximum value from them. 

My idea is a variation on the "Kiss Cam" you see in stadiums in the USA - "Staunch Cam".

Camera zooms in on you and you have to do something pure staunch like play an imaginary flute. 

Downs stairs in the players area of the main stands a joke to these days , things that would be fixed in 2 shifts , why don’t they get the supporters in , I’d happily paint the corridors and dressing rooms etc for free  

22 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Downs stairs in the players area of the main stands a joke to these days , things that would be fixed in 2 shifts , why don’t they get the supporters in , I’d happily paint the corridors and dressing rooms etc for free  

This has been suggested a few times over the last couple of years, and yet it never happens. Makes me think there must be some health & safety or insurance fuckery stopping us, cause otherwise that's a lot of goodwill/free man hours getting left on the table.

1 hour ago, The Wire said:

Good shout. They aren't going anywhere anytime soon and we need to be innovative with how we use them so that we get maximum value from them. 

My idea is a variation on the "Kiss Cam" you see in stadiums in the USA - "Staunch Cam".

Camera zooms in on you and you have to do something pure staunch like play an imaginary flute. 

?

2 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

I love Ibrox the way it is mate, just needs tarted up a bit, new seats concourse and toilets giving a make over, along with the work they’re currently doing with roofs etc. 

Ibrox is a fucking gem, steeped in history and tradition. When in full voice atmosphere is second to none. No need for a rebuild imo. 

Love the place ??

So do I mate, but if it was to be redeveloped I’ve no problem with the 3 stands getting flattened and something built that compliments The Main Stand. 

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I was always told that the development of the stadium into one of the safest in the world had been dedicated to the 66 and sacrosanct. I thought this action was to be commended by the board of that time . It saddens me that your telling me it's basically a myth. It gave me a sense of peace thinking that the 66 were remembered in such a way. I do hope the club can confirm what I was told was true or not. 

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

I was always told that the development of the stadium into one of the safest in the world had been dedicated to the 66 and sacrosanct. I thought this action was to be commended by the board of that time . It saddens me that your telling me it's basically a myth. It gave me a sense of peace thinking that the 66 were remembered in such a way. I do hope the club can confirm what I was told was true or not. 

I’ve never heard anyone say the stadium is some sort of memorial to the 66. 

We simply vowed that it would never happen again and we would build a stadium fit for purpose that was safe. 

To say we can never knock down the 3 stands and start again is just nonsense. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I’ve never heard anyone say the stadium is some sort of memorial to the 66. 

We simply vowed that it would never happen again and we would build a stadium fit for purpose that was safe. 

To say we can never knock down the 3 stands and start again is just nonsense. 

I understand what you are saying and I have the common sense to realise that the stands would need upgrading to keep them the worlds safest but I'm mortified that you say what I was told was a myth. I need the club to confirm this for me.

2 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

I understand what you are saying and I have the common sense to realise that the stands would need upgrading to keep them the worlds safest but I'm mortified that you say what I was told was a myth. I need the club to confirm this for me.

I'm sure @the club will be on here later and confirm stuff for you