Skopje 2nd leg....

spireblue

Scottish banknote one is always annoying but if you live near a HSBC you'll get English notes. AFAIK HSBC only use English banknotes in all of their ATMs up and down the country. 

Alternatively most banks will keep some aside if you phone them and tell them how much you need and you can go in and swap your Scottish notes for English

19 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Scottish banknote one is always annoying but if you live near a HSBC you'll get English notes. AFAIK HSBC only use English banknotes in all of their ATMs up and down the country. 

Alternatively most banks will keep some aside if you phone them and tell them how much you need and you can go in and swap your Scottish notes for English

Bit of a sectarian note policy going on there 

Where you find that info?

I’m no staying in a hotel cos my flights 6am the next day. They goiny fine me a grand? :lol: 

Also was going to just change my money over there in to their currency, now I’ll have to get euros first?

23 minutes ago, Johnnyren said:

I’m travelling from Thessaloniki by bus into Skopje ,  do I still need to carry my passport for that trip ?  I was hoping to leave it back in the hotel under lock and key ? 

Obviously if you're going across a border.

Actually changed my mind you don't get stopped driving.

Think it depends if you're in the EU. I'd take it to be safe.

14 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Obviously if you're going across a border.

Actually changed my mind you don't get stopped driving.

Think it depends if you're in the EU. I'd take it to be safe.

Was on a forum where I was told thessaloniki was part of macedonia, which is part of Greece ect ect .... ill just take the passport ?

Foreign office have a page for anyone going to the match.

Passports and visas

Please check your passport and visa details.

you don’t need a visa to travel to Macedonia if you have a British Citizen passport; but your passport should be valid for at least three months from the date you enter the country

you need to register with the local police in the town/city where you are staying within 24 hours of your arrival in Macedonia, unless you are in a hotel in which case you will be registered automatically at check in. If you don’t register you may receive a fine of between 600 and 1,000 Euros and be detained or face a court appearance (which may include a restriction on your ability to return to Macedonia)

if you have a different type of British nationality (other than British Citizen), check entry requirements with the Macedonian Embassy in London before you travel

make sure you take out good travel insurance even if you’re only going for one night – it could save you a lot of money if you get into difficulties

the British Embassy have been advised you may need your passport (and your match ticket) to gain entry to the stadium

if you lose your passport, or have it stolen, contact the British Embassy on +389 2 3299 299 or by e-mail at consular.skopje@fco.gov.uk to book an appointment to apply for an Emergency Travel Document

Getting to National Stadium Philip II

Philip II National Stadium is located in the city centre; you can find a map showing the location of the stadium here The stadium holds 33 460 supporters fully seated

the stadium is located near the city centre, in the city park, 15 minutes walking distance from the Main Square and the city centre. It can be reached by bus No 8 and No 15a (get off at the City Park Stop. There is a paid parking lot next to the stadium

taxis are plentiful and cheap by UK standards, although some vehicles may not be in very good condition. Most taxis are metered. Vehicles may vary in colour

avoid taxis parked outside hotels or in tourist areas; ask your hotel to call a taxi or flag down a passing taxi with a green ‘available’ light in the window

a licensed taxi company operates at Skopje airport and has an official rank. Details are available here

At the match

Glasgow Rangers fans are seated in West Sector. All gates have disabled access

access to the stadium can be slow, there will be ticket checks and body searches at three check points before entrance to the stadium

to avoid missing the start of the match, you should get to the stadium early - entrances will open at 3:45pm

anyone who is obviously drunk won’t be allowed into the stadium

weapons, flares, fireworks, alcohol, cans, glass, bottle tops, coins aren’t allowed in the stadium

smoking is not allowed at the stadium; lighters will not be permitted

beer in plastic containers will be available at the stadium

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/fc-shkupi-vs-glasgow-Rangers-travel-advice

Also probably like most EU countries you need to have ID on you if asked by police or fined.

You will need your passport for any border crossing checks(Greece and Macedonia are seperate countries....Greece is EU, MACEDONIA is not.....also they are checking tickets AND passports at 3 checkpoints approaching the stadium, take euros and change to local currency MKD when you get there.

35 minutes ago, Johnnyren said:

Was on a forum where I was told thessaloniki was part of macedonia, which is part of Greece ect ect .... ill just take the passport ?

When Macedonia peacefully gained independence from Yugoslavia in 1991, Greece balked at the name, saying it implied territorial ambitions toward Greece.

Greece also has a region called Macedonia. It's in the northern, mountainous part of the country and includes Greece's second-largest city, Thessaloniki, and ancient Philippi, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

You're going to the country of Macedonia, not the area in Greece called Macedonia

54 minutes ago, Johnnyren said:

Thessaloniki is part of Macedonia which is a region of Greece. But FYR Macedonia (now known as something else) is its own separate country and you’ll probably need a passport.

5 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Had that at Viktoria Zizkov. Think we were on our third pint before someone clocked it :belm:

Won’t be worse than my mate when we played Seville about 2010 in CL we got to ground really early and went to a wee supermarket and bought a pallet of SAN Miguel each ... 5 hours later only about 3/4 cans left and my mate goes how come my cans a different colour to yours? His were non alcoholic no dunt off then :lol: 

2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

The reason Scottish and Northern Irish banknotes are frowned upon is there's so many banks who print their own notes here which makes them easier to fake as their not as familar as the Bank of England notes.

I wondered why every Scottish Bank bothers to print their own notes.   It comes from an agreement with the Bank of England that they can issue notes up to the value that they deposit in the Bank of England.   For instance RBS deposits £5 billion in the Bank of England and issues £5 billion of RBS banknotes; the £5 billion sits in the Bank of England earning RBS interest, meanwhile no interest is payable by RBS while their banknotes are in circulation... 

15 minutes ago, Carsons Dog said:

I'm a ticket short if anyone gets a sniff of one ?

If you end up buying a home end one will you keep me in mind and give me a shout too as I may have to do that due to them not sending me my travel club card yet 

2 hours ago, PRW. said:

Where you find that info?

I’m no staying in a hotel cos my flights 6am the next day. They goiny fine me a grand? :lol: 

Also was going to just change my money over there in to their currency, now I’ll have to get euros first?

You only need to do it if staying over 24 hours, I’ve no intention of doing it and I’m there for 3 days.

13 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

If you end up buying a home end one will you keep me in mind and give me a shout too as I may have to do that due to them not sending me my travel club card yet 

You got Whatsapp back? If so I can try get you one on Monday.