Bolstered at the Back, Still lacking up Top

Middleton should be playing ahead of Windass for the time being.  Hopefully Sadiq proves to be a real find.  We certainly need a couple of quality attackers in before the window shuts.  Unless Liverpool give us some attackers on loan I can't see where the players are going to come from.  

It's a nice feeling not being worried about whether the defence will cope in this game or the next, Goldson and Katic look solid at the back. 

We're just lacking a serious amount of skill and creativity up top, absolutely. Middleton for me deserves that left wing position, 2 games and he's already proven it should be his. A tall striker with a good head is an absolute must with the amount of crosses we float in, someone to partner with Morelos. 

I still think we are looking at 2nd or 3rd in the league we lack all over the pitch , still slack and open at the full backs , no strength or composure in the middle , not enough creativity nor killer instinct in attack.

Been this way for 3 seasons or so.

4 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

The header that Morelos ballooned over the bar just before half time was genuinely laughable. If you didn’t know otherwise you’d think he was trying to miss them deliberately. Awful finisher 

was the same last season. i think he'll come good eventually but it's a few seasons away before he's a consistent reliable goal scorer. 

3 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

I still think we are looking at 2nd or 3rd in the league we lack all over the pitch , still slack and open at the full backs , no strength or composure in the middle , not enough creativity nor killer instinct in attack.

Been this way for 3 seasons or so.

Couldnt agree more tbh. We need quality in the squad.

we're rusty, too be expected with new players coming in but it's the lack of options that's a fucking pain. 

oppositions basically looking at us thinking we're going with one of 2 players up top, mobbing the midfield and working a game plan to that end.

Agree, it was reassuring that we didn't look like conceding every time the opposition got the ball, which has been a feature of us last few years. We look seriously short up front though. Until Middleton came on we genuinely didn't look to have anyone on the park the could beat a man. There was far too much sideways passing in the final 3rd as a consequence. I thought like much of last season Morelos was left isolated upfront. Still, we did the job and have time to change things and improve.