Jump to content
Brian Fantana

Bolstered at the Back, Still lacking up Top

Recommended Posts

The title of the thread sums it up for me.  

There were times tonight when it felt as bad as the Progress game under Pedro...

I really hope we will improve 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morelos is fucking shite and I mean shite, fucking get rid pronto and take windarse with him, also tav for captain is a major mistake imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Not convinced by Flanagan. Slow, cumbersome, awkward on the ball and offered nothing going forward.

Watch more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Second leg I’d go with...

 

McGregor

Tavernier Goldson Katic John

McCrorie Arfield

Middleton Ejaria Murphy

Morelos

 

-This team are dross and there for the taking: Flanagan just wasn’t making the over lapping runs, John would have been ideal tonight, our centre backs plus McCrorie can cope.

-Middleton deserves a start.

-Ejaria looked better than both Candeias and Windass so give him a go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DMax399 said:

The title of the thread sums it up for me.  

There were times tonight when it felt as bad as the Progress game under Pedro...

I really hope we will improve 

Fuck sake, first game in and already the boots are flying in?

I am glad we won or some fuckers on this thread would have committed suicide reading some of the pish on here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Malvern said:

Fuck sake, first game in and already the boots are flying in?

I am glad we won or some fuckers on this thread would have committed suicide reading some of the pish on here.

I honestly was not impressed.

i know it’s the 1st game, but seriously, a lot of that tonight was poor.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, donmeister1972 said:

Middleton ahead of murphy...desperately need a creative midfielder and id sell morelos.

Murphy was the best player on the park tonight. Behave yourself. BTW I really like Middleton but I would play him before Windass.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

I honestly was not impressed.

i know it’s the 1st game, but seriously, a lot of that tonight was poor.

The game was controlled, it was not perfect at all and if Windass hadn't fucked up about 25 chances and Morelos another 15 then it would have been more comfortable. However there is a team in there, Middleton I really like the look of and think he is going to be a revelation, I know some don't like Flannigan but he is not a natural left back so will drift inside but looked comfortable to me and the two CB's looked to be having a smoke break half the time the amount of work they had to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m willing to give the guys a good few games before weighing in with the he’s shite line.

Both Morelos and windass could have had 5 goals between them tonight but I can write that off as pre-season rustiness.

They got into the positions but couldn’t take some bloody good chances which whilst pissing me off no end I can give them some time.

Whats clear is we need competition. Not one striker on the bench so Morelos knew he had the whole game and tbh he was lucky with the head clash but once again rising to the bait and would have won a penalty had he not thrown his arms up in the air and taking his feet off the ground as he did.

Would love to see Wilson and Solanke in to really give Gerrard options.

In saying this if Cardiff offered £5m tomorrow for windass I’d do it for certain but Morelos definitely has ability he just needs to work hard on his finishing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully everyone who uses the 'best attack last season' patter begins to see our attacking options are absolutely minging.

Midfield is exactly what I expected, average and hard working but love playing it safe.

Middleton again showing that we sorely lack pace, directness, strength out wide, Murphy I like centrally but he's so slow and Flanagan not being able to overlap makes our left side non existent, Candeias is average.

Hopefully Sadiq is decent and Solanke comes in as Morelos is far too raw to play so often.

Serious work still to do 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

In saying this if Cardiff offered £5m tomorrow for windass I’d do it for certain but Morelos definitely has ability he just needs to work hard on his finishing.

If anyone offers anywhere near that for him I would ship him out, don't care about his goals he is Casper the ghost most of the time and can't be arsed with him. Reminds me a lot of Sterling, lot of hype and numbers but when you analyse his whole performance in a game he is a man down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

Hopefully everyone who uses the 'best attack last season' patter begins to see our attacking options are absolutely minging.

Midfield is exactly what I expected, average and hard working but love playing it safe.

Middleton again showing that we sorely lack pace, directness, strength out wide, Murphy I like centrally but he's so slow and Flanagan not being able to overlap makes our left side non existent, Candeias is average.

Hopefully Sadiq is decent and Solanke comes in as Morelos is far too raw to play so often.

Serious work still to do 

We can only hope but if Liverpool do get another striker in themselves then they may be willing to plump up Gerrard some more. Solanke would certainly help with our cross convertions and open play scoring as the bastard is not shy at firing a shot in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I’m willing to give the guys a good few games before weighing in with the he’s shite line.

Both Morelos and windass could have had 5 goals between them tonight but I can write that off as pre-season rustiness.

They got into the positions but couldn’t take some bloody good chances which whilst pissing me off no end I can give them some time.

Whats clear is we need competition. Not one striker on the bench so Morelos knew he had the whole game and tbh he was lucky with the head clash but once again rising to the bait and would have won a penalty had he not thrown his arms up in the air and taking his feet off the ground as he did.

Would love to see Wilson and Solanke in to really give Gerrard options.

In saying this if Cardiff offered £5m tomorrow for windass I’d do it for certain but Morelos definitely has ability he just needs to work hard on his finishing.

Morelos is at least 2 seasons from being a professional and consistent player on the park.

We do not have that time to spare giving him game time when he hits a drought 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fear that Gerrard has looked at us being top scorers in league last year or worst still, been advised that by Allen that money didn’t need spent on the front 4.

We won’t win fuck all without adding a left winger, a CAM and a goal scorer.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And can we stop relying on Gerrards Liverpool connections for players ffs, we are not a club that should be reliant on a managers pals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Middle to front zero has changed and this is my number one concern that we’ve not improved there despite people shooting me down and sucking Mark Allen’s cock over our business 

its like watching any Rangers team since Warburton’s first game until Murty/Nicoll same flaws 

obviously it’s gerrards first game and when he stamps his ideas on the time the players could respond and really react and learn something different but there’s still far too many of them out there from last season that’s had too many chances - Jack is another who looked awful when he came on 

we really have so many to weed out and serious money still needs spent on that team - anyone who disagrees is a mentalist imo 

It was like sitting back in my seat all excited and before long shaking my head thinking nearly exactly this post, I don't consider myself a drama queen or a knee-jerk supporter but I worry after that, not panicking but worried. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I’m willing to give the guys a good few games before weighing in with the he’s shite line.

Both Morelos and windass could have had 5 goals between them tonight but I can write that off as pre-season rustiness.

They got into the positions but couldn’t take some bloody good chances which whilst pissing me off no end I can give them some time.

Whats clear is we need competition. Not one striker on the bench so Morelos knew he had the whole game and tbh he was lucky with the head clash but once again rising to the bait and would have won a penalty had he not thrown his arms up in the air and taking his feet off the ground as he did.

Would love to see Wilson and Solanke in to really give Gerrard options.

In saying this if Cardiff offered £5m tomorrow for windass I’d do it for certain but Morelos definitely has ability he just needs to work hard on his finishing.

Why would Cardiff or any team pay 5 million for Morelos?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I fear that Gerrard has looked at us being top scorers in league last year or worst still, been advised that by Allen that money didn’t need spent on the front 4.

We won’t win fuck all without adding a left winger, a CAM and a goal scorer.

 

 

The midfield is just totally static too it’s the wrong blend and mix 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, K.A.I said:

The midfield is just totally static too it’s the wrong blend and mix 

We’ll play against ten men behind ball virtually every game.

 

We need that X factor type who can split defences/ have a ping from edge of box.

A left winger who’ll go down outside and not cut into his strong foot but also into a packed midfield.

 

Goals win games, the Tarriers have 3 strikers who could win them a game, we have Morelos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not disagreeing with the  fact that we need to strengthen up top, but at this point last season we all thought Cardoso was the next big thing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still feel Gerrard is playing the best of what he has available to him. I doubt very much the team or formation that started tonight will be the same against the sheep. At a guess I would say 3 5 2 if further targets are secured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cp9 said:

Not disagreeing with the  fact that we need to strengthen up top, but at this point last season we all thought Cardoso was the next big thing.

 

Only idiots thought that mate it was obvious from his first game he was a below average defender - I think I seen him have one good game Sheff Wed away 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, teddybear1975 said:

Still feel Gerrard is playing the best of what he has available to him. I doubt very much the team or formation that started tonight will be the same against the sheep. At a guess I would say 3 5 2 if further targets are secured.

That’s the point though it shouldn’t be the best of what’s available to him as he’s brought guys in and not weeded some culprits out - he’s been backed numbers wise although maybe not financially and we haven’t improved the midfield and attack one bit 

Big Sadiq wouldn’t have made a blind bit of difference tonight as he’s a runner not a lethal poacher 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×