***The official 2018/2019 windass is shite but no bad stats thread***

Dan Deacon

9 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Chronic patter. Twice you've used it tonight.

I don't think Windass is an outstanding talent, far from it. We don't have any outstanding talents, not even close. However if he can combine his proven goals and assists with work rate he is definitely an asset. It's not even a controversial comment. If he can't combine both then quite rightly he won't and shouldn't be here much longer.

I also have no issue with anyone criticising him or any other player, if you don't like him that is totally fine. It's all about opinions. It's sometimes good to have a bit of debate with others who have different opinions but it would seem some will never change their mind regardless so trying to debate is just a bit pointless at times, which again is fine if that's how some feel. I'm open minded about any player and will always judge them on the next game, always hoping for the best. Hopefully in the end he can prove most of us wrong. I have no idea if he will but I hope for our sakes he does.......

Tonight he had no real sense of where he should be on the park.  Sometimes he was in the box playing like a second striker, the commentator said he should stay wide right longer and make runs in the box, he's not a winger either, what was he doing exactly?  If he's not scoring goals he offers us nothing and so you'll frequently get times like tonight which is extremely frustrating.  I'd rather we sold Windass now than spend an entire season trying to accommodate him in to a system that has no place for him.  

@Vision loves this thread 

:lol:

He infuriates me. The boy is something of an enigma where he disappears out of games 90% of the time but then (sometimes) contributes some cracking goals. It's just that most of the time it appears we are playing with a man short. He seems to have great pace and ability but very rarely shows it, and can't tackle to save himself. I doubt he will ever win over the majority of us. But do we need a thread slating Windass after every game :huh:

26 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Was poor aye, but the cunts giving it the ironic cheers when he went off are rockets of the highest order.

Thought the ground was a joke tonight as per , 14 minutes in it started , players can be bad I agree but who wants to get on the ball and try things playing in that environment 

Can we do one for Morelos too?  

21 minutes ago, Band of Brothers said:

Fucking disgraceful thread this place has has gone to shit after 1 game give the lad a chance ffs.

Sorry,  but I have to agree with these guys.  He's woeful and season hasn't even started yet.  

I'll give him till 4 games into season though to prove me wrong and that is my limit... Even that is being generous I think.  

Just now, stewaj3 said:

I actually think he has ability.. I also think he disappears. Tonight he was poor, but I still think he's not a bad player to have in the squad... Would hope to have better players on the starting xi though

Disappear.... he didn't even turn up 

It's glaringly obvious that if we were playing half decent sides for more than 1/4 of the season half this team would not be here and there would be zero debate over it.

I still prefer points on the board and consistent results when it matters to ''He got player of the year'' or the magic ''Look at these goals and assists''

Still need to be serious question marks over every single player, clean slate my arse, they should be winning us over not the other way about