Rangers fans whipping boy Season 2018/19

Vision

27 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Windass deserves everything he gets.

He has treated the fans with total contempt and simply doesn't have the attitude for a Rangers player.

Blotches of talent but all in all, wouldn't be missed. Should be cleaning Glen Middleton's boots.

Middleton showed more in his cameo than Windass did in his time on the park.

Surely will get more game time soon.

29 minutes ago, Band of Brothers said:

Transfer window not closed, season not started yet your wanting a whipping boy ya gay hawk!

Cant see anywhere he says that, common sense tells you that idiots like to boo our own players and there were plenty of moans and groans aimed at Windass tonight.........OP is right, our support, or the boo boys will give certain players it more than others and Windass is in for a bad time of it.

I find it shocking we boo our own at Ibrox and applaud sarcastically when taken off, does nothing to help the team or the player get the result we want.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Windass started last season out wide, and wasn't great, got played as an attacking midfielder and striker and looked good, stupid as fuck to play him out wide

Stupid as fuck to play him at all.

Hopefully he'll be Cardiffs shipping boy this season. As awful as he is, at least he was cheap. 

Imagine how you'd feel watching that mutant if you'd paid a couple of million for him.

I don't particularly agree with booing the players neither.  However I do think it gets an element of point across that they are not pleasing their fans.  It is after all OUR hard earned money and loyalty that helps pay their wages etc so they should realise fans are going to give them their verdict in this manner.  

It's easy to say it is embarrassing,  but I think it is far more embarrassing having to endure 90 minutes of watching players wandering around the pitch looking like they either can't be bothered or clueless as to what is going on around them.  

I wasn't at the game tonight due to working,  however my daughter was in my place and she said it was mostly poor and very hard to watch although there were some players looking very promising.  

Yes,  season hasn't started yet and I do believe it will improve given some of the newer players we do have that are putting the shift in so far,  but there are a fair few who should have been improving even from last season that don't appear to be.  

Time will tell though,  I guess.  

9 hours ago, ben51 said:

Windass deserves everything he gets.

He has treated the fans with total contempt and simply doesn't have the attitude for a Rangers player.

Blotches of talent but all in all, wouldn't be missed. Should be cleaning Glen Middleton's boots.

:lol: and so it begins - again.

in what way has Windass treated the fans with contempt? 

9 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Windass started last season out wide, and wasn't great, got played as an attacking midfielder and striker and looked good, stupid as fuck to play him out wide

Time to stop the endless  backing of him m8, he's shite, absolutely fucking shite. 

12 minutes ago, Vision said:

What happened to giving the players a clean slate.

windass and tavernier are now on their 3rd clean slate.  how many chances does someone get?  long gone are the days  now when once you proved you were not good enough u were gone unfortunately.

31 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

was it not windass who told the fans to shut the fuck up after he scored at partick as well as a few dubious snidey comments on his twitter account??

Never heard that - so won’t condem him on rumour, and even if he did that’s hardly ‘contempt’ especially given the abuse dished out to him. 

33 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Signing for Rangers and helping us to 2/3 years of the worst performances ,any bear should have to endure from a player 

:lol: such nonsense - there’s always a whipping boy - Windass seems to be it on here no matter how well he plays! 

11 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

windass and tavernier are now on their 3rd clean slate.  how many chances does someone get?  long gone are the days  now when once you proved you were not good enough u were gone unfortunately.

Obviously from last season's squad, Tav Windass, Morelos and Candeias we're the best performer's.

You can't expect SG to get rid of an entire squad.

I expect to see these players used throughout the season and either sold if a decent bid comes in or phased out the first 11 as the team gels and better players come in.

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Never heard that - so won’t condem him on rumour, and even if he did that’s hardly ‘contempt’ especially given the abuse dished out to him. 

abuse dished out has been warranted at times but abuse is all part and parcel of being a footballer.  how many players go in a huff and rip into the fans??  remember the fans are the guys who effectively pay his wages etc.  but all his little outburts proves that he doesnt have the right mentality to play for us.  just wondering after all the abuse tavernier has had how many times hes done the same??