Rangers fans whipping boy Season 2018/19

Vision

If they play half decent and show the effort required to play for this club no one will need to be a whipping boy. If anyone thinks windass and a little bit less so Morelos don't deserve flak after the shite they produced last night and a lot of times last season they're part of the problem. 

1 minute ago, rabc10000 said:

abuse dished out has been warranted at times but abuse is all part and parcel of being a footballer.  how many players go in a huff and rip into the fans??  remember the fans are the guys who effectively pay his wages etc.  but all his little outburts proves that he doesnt have the right mentality to play for us.  just wondering after all the abuse tavernier has had how many times hes done the same??

This based on you ‘think’ he might have said something! It’s not even based on stuff you know! ( it may be true even but you don’t know that) 

some folk just want to have a pop at players - and abuse is ‘warranted ‘ - how ‘supportive’ of you and if he has snapped back you’re going to get all huffy and say ‘oh he shouldn’t do that just cause I hurled abuse at him’! ??

Just now, Bluepeter9 said:

This based on you ‘think’ he might have said something! It’s not even based on stuff you know! ( it may be true even but you don’t know that) 

some folk just want to have a pop at players - and abuse is ‘warranted ‘ - how ‘supportive’ of you and if he has snapped back you’re going to get all huffy and say ‘oh he shouldn’t do that just cause I hurled abuse at him’! ??

If all fans were like you we would have zero standards and would have won nothing in our history ?

2 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

it was well posted on here some of his various tweets.  the one i laughed at was this reply to a guy who told him he needed to up his work rate during games

“My attitude has never/will never be in question. You know very little about my work rate – better write a new wish list.” 

and lets not forget his goal celebration telling the fans to shut up

and no im not all huffy just i believe that no Rangers player should behave in that manner towards the fans.  obviously you do not much else can be said really

Just now, Jack The Flipper said:

If all fans were like you we would have zero standards and would have won nothing in our history ?

If all fans thought, like you, that booing and abuse were how you motivate people then the world is a fucking sad place - luckily most of us still remember to support win or lose, but we do have a section that feel ‘entitled’ - the glory hunters - you probably leave early if we are getting beat. 

10 hours ago, ben51 said:

Windass deserves everything he gets.

He has treated the fans with total contempt and simply doesn't have the attitude for a Rangers player.

Blotches of talent but all in all, wouldn't be missed. Should be cleaning Glen Middleton's boots.

Doesn't deserve to get jeered off the park in the first competitive game of the season mate, sorry. 

Agree his attitude is stinking etc but even so, last night he ran himself into the ground, albeit his end product was garbage. Genuinely felt uneasy at the fans doing that to him last night and my many posts on here indicate how much I dislike him as a footballer :lol: 

9 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

:lol: such nonsense - there’s always a whipping boy - Windass seems to be it on here no matter how well he plays! 

He's fucking shite, do you honestly enjoy mediocrity? Oh everything is great, that performance last night was a fucking disgrace, front line especially, abysmal, fucking chronic, I will not try to dress it up as anything else, I'm very concerned going into the league campaign. 

29 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

If all fans thought, like you, that booing and abuse were how you motivate people then the world is a fucking sad place - luckily most of us still remember to support win or lose, but we do have a section that feel ‘entitled’ - the glory hunters - you probably leave early if we are getting beat. 

I don’t think that actually, I feel praise should be deserved as much as criticism.

Its about being fair and that generally comes from being a well rounded human being - not a fucking moon man smiling constantly thinking everything is utterly spiffing - when it’s not.

But we all know - you don’t do realism.

Windass has literally carried on from last season. Cba attitude, jogging around the pitch bar a few wee spurts of energy, wayward passes etc. 

He’s the prime example of what type of player we shouldn’t have. A player that thinks he’s better than he is and doesn’t understand why he gets stick. 

Hate these types of threads. If a player (or manager) is pish then they deserve all the criticism they get. 

I don't mean over the top abuse but criticism is healthy. I've no time for sub-standard players - whereas some folk want to mollycuddle them and pretend they're good.

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Hate these types of threads. If a player (or manager) is pish then they deserve all the criticism they get. 

I don't mean over the top abuse but criticism is healthy. I've no time for sub-standard players - whereas some folk want to mollycuddle them and pretend they're good.

Fans have every right to criticise, but Windass got abuse for wearing a neck pillow ffs ? and Morelos for not smiling.

Mud continues to stick with these players.

2 minutes ago, Vision said:

Fans have every right to criticise, but Windass got abuse for wearing a neck pillow ffs ? and Morelos for not smiling.

Mud continues to stick with these players.

If they did their job properly and performed then they’d get all the love.

Theyre not, so they’ve left themselves wide open

14 hours ago, Camshy said:

Cant see anywhere he says that, common sense tells you that idiots like to boo our own players and there were plenty of moans and groans aimed at Windass tonight.........OP is right, our support, or the boo boys will give certain players it more than others and Windass is in for a bad time of it.

I find it shocking we boo our own at Ibrox and applaud sarcastically when taken off, does nothing to help the team or the player get the result we want.

What should we do, send them an email? 

Windass cruises this n rightly so. I think the main reason being there is a player in there somewhere but constantly goes missing, lucky to get 5 decent mins outta him per game. 

4 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I don’t think that actually, I feel praise should be deserved as much as criticism.

Its about being fair and that generally comes from being a well rounded human being - not a fucking moon man smiling constantly thinking everything is utterly spiffing - when it’s not.

But we all know - you don’t do realism.

Realism seems to be the argument for constant critique in here - whereas realism would be understanding where we really are and how much we still have to do and encouraging folks to get us there ‘ you’re shite - get another one’ attitude on here actually holds us back. But we have always had a whipping boy - Windass is just the latest - even when he plays well, which is oftener than many admit, he still gets ripped. Sad but reality I suppose! 

5 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Realism seems to be the argument for constant critique in here - whereas realism would be understanding where we really are and how much we still have to do and encouraging folks to get us there ‘ you’re shite - get another one’ attitude on here actually holds us back. But we have always had a whipping boy - Windass is just the latest - even when he plays well, which is oftener than many admit, he still gets ripped. Sad but reality I suppose! 

Accepting pish performances from the likes of Windass and pretending they will get better despite a lengthy period of poor form is exactly why we have done and won fuck all for years.

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

If we want to critique we will, if you want to be a moon man be a moon man. You are far out-numbered for a reason, and it's certainly not because of genius it's because of madness.

The problem with you is you attach your own special meaning to what people say, you do not once think to consider "ah, this person has a well laid out argument and has reason for being critical" instead you must automatically jump to "this person just hates windass, why's he even a Rangers supporter?!?!"

You're wrong, at the start I respected you and listened to your side of the argument, but in time I eventually aligned with everyone else and found out that you're just incapable of seeing anyone elses side of the arguement. It's your way or the high way. You're way is so high you're floating over the moon. 

1 hour ago, Cedrick said:

Sad but true thread this 

Well put - but they are in, or put themselves in the firing line - and I doubt that Windass would get as much stick if he was seen to try, rather than seen to be hiding. 

In fact he should be wearing a camouflaged jersey.