Rangers fans whipping boy Season 2018/19

Vision

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

Accepting pish performances from the likes of Windass and pretending they will get better despite a lengthy period of poor form is exactly why we have done and won fuck all for years.

I get it - we all hanker back to the days of laudrup, Gaza, McCoist but that’s not where we are at as a club and won’t be for a while yet - getting on the back of any player because we are no longer at the top table is to ignore the reality of the situation and is just moaning, whilst hiding behind, standards! 

24 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

If we want to critique we will, if you want to be a moon man be a moon man. You are far out-numbered for a reason, and it's certainly not because of genius it's because of madness.

The problem with you is you attach your own special meaning to what people say, you do not once think to consider "ah, this person has a well laid out argument and has reason for being critical" instead you must automatically jump to "this person just hates windass, why's he even a Rangers supporter?!?!"

You're wrong, at the start I respected you and listened to your side of the argument, but in time I eventually aligned with everyone else and found out that you're just incapable of seeing anyone elses side of the arguement. It's your way or the high way. You're way is so high you're floating over the moon. 

So you make a judgement call not on what I say but what you think I say! Lol I’m glad for you run with the pack but try thinking for yourself - a majority does not mean they are right - folk seem to think there is some sort of binary switch and we are back at the top with world class players - just change the manager - just change this player, that player - but it’s a project and a long term one at that - incrementally we move forward but ( and only MY opinion ) we would move forward quicker by taking a positive position on player capabilities rather than a negative one. 

18 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Well put - but they are in, or put themselves in the firing line - and I doubt that Windass would get as much stick if he was seen to try, rather than seen to be hiding. 

In fact he should be wearing a camouflaged jersey. 

You having a laugh . Morelos worked his socks off last night trying to win the ball back (albeit a couple were his poor touch ) and gets fucking dogs abuse for not fucking smiling ffs . Sure have a go for his inability to hit the target often .

As for Windass outwith the poor finishing the only thing he annoyed me with last night (Murphy was another ) he kept drifting in too far instead of holding out wide to create space in the middle .

17 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Well put - but they are in, or put themselves in the firing line - and I doubt that Windass would get as much stick if he was seen to try, rather than seen to be hiding. 

In fact he should be wearing a camouflaged jersey. 

Very true but it all gets a bit tedious listening to the same pish week in week out , fods got the ball once last yer the crowed roared at him to distribute it , then from then on in it was just what we done, the minute wes had the ball in his hands the full stadium slaughtered him whether there was a pass on or not , the fans are as bad as all the players mentioned , it’s a fucking grind going to ibrox , it’s a jury not a support , the away lads are the complete opposite 

1 minute ago, Orangeclement said:

You having a laugh . Morelos worked his socks off last night trying to win the ball back (albeit a couple were his poor touch ) and gets fucking dogs abuse for not fucking smiling ffs . Sure have a go for his inability to hit the target often .

As for Windass outwith the poor finishing the only thing he annoyed me with last night (Murphy was another ) he kept drifting in too far instead of holding out wide to create space in the middle .

:rofl:

5 minutes ago, Orangeclement said:

I was on about Windass, never mentioned Morelos. 

And Windass in general - he has an ability to hide. 

41 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

I was on about Windass, never mentioned Morelos. 

And Windass in general - he has an ability to hide. 

Morelos comment wasn't aimed at you but was used as an example of someone who doesn't hide but still gets dogs abuse.

Windass had around 5 chances on goal and involved in one of our goals but aye he was hiding......

I'm not his biggest fan btw .

2 minutes ago, Camshy said:

No let's just continue and boo the team which has a dramatically negative effect on performance

If booing from the crowd "has a dramatically negative effect on performance" I don't hold out much hope of a performance during the Old Firm games at Parkhead.  In all seriousness, these players are professionals and require the mental toughness needed to play for a club of this size.  If booing, a few tweets, or bad press gets to them psychologically then they're never going to make it as Rangers players.  

8 minutes ago, TMB said:

If booing from the crowd "has a dramatically negative effect on performance" I don't hold out much hope of a performance during the Old Firm games at Parkhead.  In all seriousness, these players are professionals and require the mental toughness needed to play for a club of this size.  If booing, a few tweets, or bad press gets to them psychologically then they're never going to make it as Rangers players.  

exactly this.  this may not be a great example but jack was booed like fuck when he made his scotland debut and this was his comments after the match

“It’s not me that makes that decision (to boo). People just express how they feel and I just need to deal with that.

“To be honest, during the game I don’t really take notice of anything that’s happening, apart from what’s on the pitch.

“Obviously, when I had a throw-in on the far side a couple of times I was aware of it. But it’s part of football and I just wanted to enjoy my first outing for my country. That’s what I certainly did.

i think tbf most players are in the same mindset however with windass in particular he seems to take note of everything thats said.  that to me shows someone who is weak and possibly not confident in his own abaility.

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

So you make a judgement call not on what I say but what you think I say! Lol I’m glad for you run with the pack but try thinking for yourself - a majority does not mean they are right - folk seem to think there is some sort of binary switch and we are back at the top with world class players - just change the manager - just change this player, that player - but it’s a project and a long term one at that - incrementally we move forward but ( and only MY opinion ) we would move forward quicker by taking a positive position on player capabilities rather than a negative one. 

Why would you be positive about players who are clearly not good enough? I can see what you're saying and yes, we can be positive about endeavour but we can hardly be positive on "capabilities" if the players are incapable. That would be a farce.

2 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Like I tried to tell you, I listened to you long ago and was respectful to your opinion but then I saw you show none to anyone else's so why should you get any back? 

Just because I have come to the same conclusion as everyone else - eg you're fucking nuts - doesn't mean I am not thinking for myself. Are you trying to say in order to think for yourself you must always come to different conclusions than everyone else? Hope not :lol:

You sound like a fucking American, "ya all gotta be positive, keep those grins an we'll get those wins", brain dead nonsense.

If you never believe that you do anything wrong, then you never learn or improve :lol:

This is the hard-hitting real life, Rangers has always been a ruthless club, if you're not good enough and can't do it under pressure - bye bye.

It's a shame you don't seem to understand the very attributes that made the club great, you're the one that is misaligned to the club's philosophy, so stop complaining when others are in agreement with it.

well said.  ive been saying that for weeks now  myself.  changed days and some fans are happy to accept sub standard performances from very average players.  this is exactly the mindset im hoping gerrard manages to change

3 hours ago, Camshy said:

No let's just continue and boo the team which has a dramatically negative effect on performance

I don't think so mate - it is their profession - if I'm told, particularly when I was a learner that I need to gee up, then I will.

Would be stupid or naive of paying supporters overlooking pish.

But still, we should be supporting our players when they are showing determination and not playing pish. 

4 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

br took a team of underachievers and turned them around.

Anyway, it must be very difficult for you spreading your adverse opinion of Rangers on a Rangers forum - if you can buck up the courage, best to give yourself a full on punch in the face - if you can't, ask your wife to. 

3 hours ago, Camshy said:

Has a negative effect on some supporters to , it’s a fucking grind going to ibrox ,hoping to enjoy a fantastic atmosphere but to instead be left sitting cringing at our new managers personal thoughts on his new home support in our fucking first competitive game , aye but it was a sell out , geez peice I’d rather 20k went and backed the team 

3 hours ago, TMB said:

Our budget dosent allow us to bring in the quality or mental toughness required to play for a club of our size anymore , instead of I’ll show them which players of old would do these lads go into there shell and play the easy safe 5 yard ball 

3 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Like I tried to tell you, I listened to you long ago and was respectful to your opinion but then I saw you show none to anyone else's so why should you get any back? 

Just because I have come to the same conclusion as everyone else - eg you're fucking nuts - doesn't mean I am not thinking for myself. Are you trying to say in order to think for yourself you must always come to different conclusions than everyone else? Hope not :lol:

You sound like a fucking American, "ya all gotta be positive, keep those grins an we'll get those wins", brain dead nonsense.

If you never believe that you do anything wrong, then you never learn or improve :lol:

This is the hard-hitting real life, Rangers has always been a ruthless club, if you're not good enough and can't do it under pressure - bye bye.

It's a shame you don't seem to understand the very attributes that made the club great, you're the one that is misaligned to the club's philosophy, so stop complaining when others are in agreement with it.

Ach conform or I’m not a fan! :lol: heard it all before. 

3 hours ago, gsa said:

Why would you be positive about players who are clearly not good enough? I can see what you're saying and yes, we can be positive about endeavour but we can hardly be positive on "capabilities" if the players are incapable. That would be a farce.

Windass is far from incapable tho’  - he may not be in the class of laudrup or cooper but he is a decent player - there is a thread ( might even be this one) where folknare saying we should sell/take/get rid of £8m for Windass and Morelos - with many agreeing £3m for Windass - and then wanting rid of him!! Kinda makes the whipping boy argument does it not? 

43 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

br took a team of underachievers and turned them around.

Anyway, it must be very difficult for you spreading your adverse opinion of Rangers on a Rangers forum - if you can buck up the courage, best to give yourself a full on punch in the face - if you can't, ask your wife to. 

BR took a premiership winning squad and won some more with them! 

You’re second paragraph is just laughable nonsense! 

2 hours ago, Cedrick said:

Has a negative effect on some supporters to , it’s a fucking grind going to ibrox ,hoping to enjoy a fantastic atmosphere but to instead be left sitting cringing at our new managers personal thoughts on his new home support in our fucking first competitive game , aye but it was a sell out , geez peice I’d rather 20k went and backed the team 

If it's that much of a grind don't go. Why are you cringing at a manager's thoughts when you have no idea what they are? Geez peace.... of peice whatever the fuck that is.