What (who) are we missing?

Striker who will put ball in net(solanke hopefully) c.b(cooper) winger(Wilson or someone similar and c.m who can dictate tempo of the game(mendes or Davis type)

get 4 players who go straight into our team and are genuine quality then we will be a lot better team.

If most of us can see what we need I have every faith so does our gaffer ??

See if we only had one more signing, I’d want a creative attacking midfielder. Someone that can link between Arfield / McCrorie and the front 3. Someone that can split a defence with a quick pass. 

The amount of times last night that the CBs or above mentioned CMs looked up and were forced to turn back or to go wide was infuriating. 

Particularly as we’ve Morelos (who I like) that can’t head a ball to save his life. 

7 hours ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Would anybody accept steven davis after watching that garbage tonight?

Is Steven Davis the only creative central midfielder in world football or something?

Why are some people so desperate for us to look back all the time when there is an entire world of players out there that we can go and look at.

Another cb, a physical bastard to play the holding role(Coulibally might be capable), a quality attacking midfielder / no 10 who can create and score, and a centre forward who will guarantee goals. Perhaps alot to ask for but imo this is the absolute minimum we need before this window closes. 

If we are lucky enough to get all that and relegate the likes of McCrorie, Candeias, Windass and Morelos to the bench along with getting rid of shite like Halliday, Hodson etc we will be much better of in terms of starting 11 and depth of squad. 

Still lots of work to be done. 

Have a feeling that coullibaly will play ahead of Mccrorrie and more likely dorrans with Arfield in more advanced positions.

Midfield is the key so reckon we need to ship out Halliday and one other from Docherty, Jack etc and get another one in.

Def need for at least one more striker, personally hope it’s Defoe as he isn’t a gamble.

15 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Is Steven Davis the only creative central midfielder in world football or something?

Why are some people so desperate for us to look back all the time when there is an entire world of players out there that we can go and look at.

No but he has been linked so should be discussed.

6 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

i think we need too many player as it stands to get them all in this window.  hopefully sadiq would have scored a few of the crosses that windass and morelos missed with their heads last night.

Think you’re probably right. Last night wasn’t great to watch but, on reflection, I think we’ve got to look at the positives. Chiefly: the centre of our defence (incl. the GK) has gotten so much stronger. Hard to underestimate the impact that upgrading Fod, Alves, and Martin could have on our season. Even if that just means grinding out 1-0 home wins where we’d have lost points last year.

Might be January before we make the additional signings in more creative positions but - as it stands - celtic haven’t gotten much better, if at all, and we’ve improved. 

Steven Davis isnt the same player that abandoned us 6 years ago. Nowadays he's more of the same of what we've got. We need a proper number 10 to give us that wee bit of class to unlock defences. Hopefully Gerrard sees that after last night's show 

I am very disappointed really expected a lot more, what really was most troubling for me was SG’s inability to change the way we tried to break down their defence. 

We needed to play over them as we weren’t get much joy trying to play through them inho.

A vast improvement is required and quickly, very quickly, although how that happens with many of last seasons pool still in place is going to be difficult.

A midfield playmaker who can spot a killer pass. Maybe someone like Kranjcar, but a Kranjcar that can run the length of himself. 

Also an out-and-out penalty box striker. Can't keep relying on Morelos to be on-form.

In an ideal world I'd like another winger as I don't think weve got a lot of quality depth in the wide areas.

12 minutes ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

We need, at the very least, a creative midfielder and a goal scorer, and we need to be spending money on them. Similar money to what we’ve spent on Goldson and Katic, if not more. 

i think if gerrard is going the 4-3-3 route not only do we need an AMF but also a genuine B2B midfielder similair to gerrards style when he was playing to compliment either mccrorie or coulibaly.  add to that at least 1 more CF and we should be good to go.  also dont think those players should be squad players but guys who will come in and be an automatic first choice pick.  how much that will cost fuck knows

First competitive pre-season game and we have signed 9 players with a few injured still like dorrans. Unless it is someone high calibre on loan like Solanke I dont see the need to sign more players just to add to the numbers.