Ross McCrorie - good enough?

graeme_4

Might be a bit controversial, and I’ll start this off by saying I like him, I like his effort and I love having a genuine fan working his baws off for us (unlike some other ‘Rangers men’ in the squad) - but is he good enough? 

Not sure to be honest. 

He was woeful at CB and for me lacks anything too good going forward. Can’t really pick a pass. Doesn’t dictate the tempo of the game. Can’t grab the team by the scruff of the neck and drive us forward. All which you need to be a good holding midfielder. 

I’d imagine he’ll be under threat with Coulibally coming in as the ‘desroyer’ and you have to think Gerrard will be targeting some creativity in the middle of the park after last night -  So where does that leave him? 

judging anybody in pre season, albeit a competitive game is just fucking idiotic!

saying he was shite last nite is fine if that’s how you feel he played but asking people’s opinion of him overall as a player based on lastnite, have a word with yourself fs

1 minute ago, Tomatasauce said:

judging anybody in pre season, albeit a competitive game is just fucking idiotic!

saying he was shite last nite is fine if that’s how you feel he played but asking people’s opinion of him overall as a player based on lastnite, have a word with yourself fs

Don’t think I referenced last night at all. Wind your neck in. 

Read someone’s thoughts on him last night and completely agreed.

He’s not good enough on the ball to be starting games where will have majority of possession. His bread and butter is flying into tackles and breaking up play, which is why he would be better starting tough games away from home when he wins the ball and passes it to a more creative player.

30 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Might be a bit controversial, and I’ll start this off by saying I like him, I like his effort and I love having a genuine fan working his baws off for us (unlike some other ‘Rangers men’ in the squad) - but is he good enough? 

Not sure to be honest. 

He was woeful at CB and for me lacks anything too good going forward. Can’t really pick a pass. Doesn’t dictate the tempo of the game. Can’t grab the team by the scruff of the neck and drive us forward. All which you need to be a good holding midfielder. 

I’d imagine he’ll be under threat with Coulibally coming in as the ‘desroyer’ and you have to think Gerrard will be targeting some creativity in the middle of the park after last night -  So where does that leave him? 

20 year old developing in the game - and fans want to write him off! Future captain and his best position will ( I suspect) be centre half. 

53 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Not sure to be honest. 

Not good enough tries hard but I just don't see what others see in him.

23 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

20 year old developing in the game - and fans want to write him off! Future captain and his best position will ( I suspect) be centre half. 

gerrard feels differently

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2921938/Rangers-steven-gerrard-careless-ross-mccrorie/

BAD CHOICE 

Ross McCrorie at centre-back could have DESTROYED Rangers starlet’s career and was ‘careless’, says Steven Gerrard

The 20-year-old - now a holding midfielder - played in defence for much of last season with Pedro Caixinha even claiming he'd become one of Scotland's greatest defenders

VIDEO

By Aidan Scott

13th July 2018, 8:13 am

Updated: 13th July 2018, 8:14 am

STEVEN GERRARD has blasted the decision to play Ross McCrorie at centre-back last season, saying it could have “destroyed” his career.

Rangers star McCrorie was handed his first-team debut last season when he replaced Bruno Alves in the Betfred Cup quarter-final win over Partick Thistle.

He was absolutely dreadful last night. Chasing the ball around like a daft wee boy as they played triangles round him. Only decent tackle he put in he ended up hurting himself. 

I rate him, but he needs to be better. The whole midfield last night was poor, the smellies will boss us again this if we continue to be as pedestrian as last night.