Ross McCrorie - good enough?

graeme_4

2 hours ago, Tomatasauce said:

why wait till the first competitive game of a new season to say what you think about him then?

Funny how, when a player is injured he’s the messiah an the missing link etc. First misplaced pass an he’s shite, worse than tarriers some people on here

i actually believe you thought that about him last year but your so much of a shitebag, you bottled going against the grain in here by saying it incase any your wee girlfriends fell out wae you

your a fucking bam!

Calm down. Crackpot. 

12 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

gerrard feels differently

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2921938/Rangers-steven-gerrard-careless-ross-mccrorie/

BAD CHOICE 

Ross McCrorie at centre-back could have DESTROYED Rangers starlet’s career and was ‘careless’, says Steven Gerrard

The 20-year-old - now a holding midfielder - played in defence for much of last season with Pedro Caixinha even claiming he'd become one of Scotland's greatest defenders

VIDEO

By Aidan Scott

13th July 2018, 8:13 am

Updated: 13th July 2018, 8:14 am

STEVEN GERRARD has blasted the decision to play Ross McCrorie at centre-back last season, saying it could have “destroyed” his career.

Rangers star McCrorie was handed his first-team debut last season when he replaced Bruno Alves in the Betfred Cup quarter-final win over Partick Thistle.

A really unwise statement for Gerrard to make imo, would have been better keeping such criticism in-house..  Apart from the fact, he is sticking the knife into a current employee without taking account of the circumstances at the time, that comment could come back to bite him in the future.

Walter Smith was probably the most cautious manager we have had in regard to playing young players, particularly young CBs.  However, when circumstances dictated, even he had to throw in a young Steven Presley against Marseille In the Champions League.

SG is going to look slightly silly if injuries to our other CBs force his hand Into playing McCrorie as an emergency CB next season.

I thought he looked pretty composed last night.  His shot at goal in the first half knocked out a seagull though. .Put in a decent shift overall. He is progressing but it's impossible to tell just how good he will get. Time will tell. We just have to be patient.

It was good to see  Gerrard  put his confidence in a couple of our youngsters for such an important game. Will help them gain experience and do their confidence the world of good.

Desire and attitude will get him far. His is far greater than anyone else in the team at present which makes him stand out, technically he ain't the best but in his position he doesn't need to be. You don't see Kante play defence splitting passes, just get the ball back and give it to someone else. With Arfield beside him he will only get better.

23 hours ago, Sket said:

I'm no the one swooning over the tarrier golden boy.

Ya reptile.

Who’s swooning? :lol:

I’m comparing the careers of two similarly aged players to demonstrate that if you’re good enough, you’re old enough. That’s it. 

40 minutes ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

Who’s swooning? :lol:

I’m comparing the careers of two similarly aged players to demonstrate that if you’re good enough, you’re old enough. That’s it. 

You can't use celtic players as examples people get all emotional and worked up about it.  

100% good enough and I believe if he continues to improve he could be captain of our club in 2/3 years. Does he have room to improve 100% yes. I think with SG comments in the news last week he will be good for his development and I think the lad has a bright future at our club. Best potential youth product we have had in years.

36 minutes ago, smiddy said:

Defensive midfield player.. Thought he broke up there play well. Sometimes over stretches for tackles but good coaches and experience will take that away.... Will grow into a great Rangers player given the time and coaching

This all day long.:tu:Think he can become a cracking player for us with more playing time and experience.

Didn't think he was great the other night, then again our whole midfield especially Arfield were pretty mediocre with Candeias in absolutely the wrong position.  I want to see Ross given time to develop, too many fans either writing him off or wanking themselves silly over him.  I think he will eventually revert back to his CB position. 

BAD CHOICE 

Ross McCrorie at centre-back could have DESTROYED Rangers starlet’s career and was ‘careless’, says Steven Gerrard

The 20-year-old - now a holding midfielder - played in defence for much of last season with Pedro Caixinha even claiming he'd become one of Scotland's greatest defenders

VIDEO

By Aidan Scott

13th July 2018, 8:13 am

Updated: 13th July 2018, 8:14 am

STEVEN GERRARD has blasted the decision to play Ross McCrorie at centre-back last season, saying it could have “destroyed” his career.

Rangers star McCrorie was handed his first-team debut last season when he replaced Bruno Alves in the Betfred Cup quarter-final win over Partick Thistle.

========================

The gaffer is saying what most of us have been saying for most of the year, the lad looks potential quality in the CDM role and not great at CB. If we need cover at CB we get it, otherwise Ross should build his experience in the CDM role and he will potentially be fantastic, especially if he can be tutored on his ball usage after he wins it.

Hell it is harder to find good CDM's that CB's to me so we are on a march with this one.

On 13/07/2018 at 08:47, graeme_4 said:

Might be a bit controversial, and I’ll start this off by saying I like him, I like his effort and I love having a genuine fan working his baws off for us (unlike some other ‘Rangers men’ in the squad) - but is he good enough? 

Not sure to be honest. 

He was woeful at CB and for me lacks anything too good going forward. Can’t really pick a pass. Doesn’t dictate the tempo of the game. Can’t grab the team by the scruff of the neck and drive us forward. All which you need to be a good holding midfielder. 

I’d imagine he’ll be under threat with Coulibally coming in as the ‘desroyer’ and you have to think Gerrard will be targeting some creativity in the middle of the park after last night -  So where does that leave him? 

Got to say I agree at this moment in time I feel we need better for def mid position but I do think he is a decent player and has plenty of potential so hopefully in time he will become a big player for us.

13 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

The stuff's there. This lad will get better.

Well stepped up to the plate last season under some very trying circumstances. I could say under two wankers.This boy IS a true Ranger with talent to be developed.

Dave King obv