First proper game but...

Amac9

That's not a line up I want to see again. The defence looks a lot more assured which is a bonus. Flanagan being the solid stand out performer at LB for me. But in home games against poorer sides we should be going with John at LB as he gives us more going forward and more width on the left hand side.

McCrorie is too young and naive to be playing a holding role all by himself. At times he was pressing far too high up the pitch and leaving a huge gap in front of the back four and better teams will punish us. Thought it was a good move bringing on Jack just to give him a bit more assurances.

Candeias in the middle of the park is a no go. He's a winger who is good at getting crosses in. He's not a CM. Same for Windass on the right hand side. He's much better through the middle running in behind.

I'm not a huge fan of Morelos but feel he needs someone playing a lot closer to him. He's not exactly clinical in the box. 

Thought Arfield was very disappointing and never got into the game at all. Expected much better from him.

We've no idea what formation or players Gerrard will use but on last nights showing that formation and the players used will not get the best out of them.

Got to be 3-4-3 for me. 

Playing flanagan and Murphy on the left is far too predictable as they are always going to cut inside.

Mcgregor 

Goldson Cooper Katic 

Tavernier Arfield ???? John

Morelos Defoe Wilson/Murphy

Thats the dream right there. We need a CM that can take control and dictate the tempo. If we go into this season with the same squad as now - we are fucked.

3 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

That's not a line up I want to see again. The defence looks a lot more assured which is a bonus. Flanagan being the solid stand out performer at LB for me. But in home games against poorer sides we should be going with John at LB as he gives us more going forward and more width on the left hand side.

McCrorie is too young and naive to be playing a holding role all by himself. At times he was pressing far too high up the pitch and leaving a huge gap in front of the back four and better teams will punish us. Thought it was a good move bringing on Jack just to give him a bit more assurances.

Candeias in the middle of the park is a no go. He's a winger who is good at getting crosses in. He's not a CM. Same for Windass on the right hand side. He's much better through the middle running in behind.

I'm not a huge fan of Morelos but feel he needs someone playing a lot closer to him. He's not exactly clinical in the box. 

Thought Arfield was very disappointing and never got into the game at all. Expected much better from him.

We've no idea what formation or players Gerrard will use but on last nights showing that formation and the players used will not get the best out of them.

First competitive game against a team which was far from brilliant. They took the ball off us too easily. They got attacks in and hit the bar, we were lucky. Morelos got booked for his stupid reaction in leading with his head, buffalo is right, his over reaction in the box cost us a penalty but we shouldn't have been relying on that.

Cross balls were terrible, set pieces were as bad. The only good things were Glenn Middleton and the amount of chances we created. With a better striker we might have run up a decent score.

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Lucky :lol:

we were shite but we had chances to win by 5 or 6. They literally hit the bar and that was it

we really should have scored 4 or 5 easily but the hard facts were it took a big blunder by their gk and a very soft and dubious penalty for us to the the 2 goals

Embarrassing that at home to macedonias 4th best team we still play 1 up front, a holding mid then bring on a second holding mid 

If gerrard thinks that's the way to go we'll struggle to break down scottish teams especially away from home, if he played that because he doesnt think were good enough for two up top then he badly needs better players

We shouldnt be respecting shite like that mob last night, we should be going out to embarrass them

29 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

McCrorie is too young and naive to be playing a holding role all by himself. 

Some of his passing was slack and his decision making questionable.  He's vastly overrated on here.  Hopefully Couliably is much better.  

32 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

Aye we do. It will be 4-3-3 with the majority of the same players. Candeias and McCrorie likely to be the ones that drop out if anyone. Unless there’s some top end recruitment.

8 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Embarrassing that at home to macedonias 4th best team we still play 1 up front, a holding mid then bring on a second holding mid 

If gerrard thinks that's the way to go we'll struggle to break down scottish teams especially away from home, if he played that because he doesnt think were good enough for two up top then he badly needs better players

We shouldnt be respecting shite like that mob last night, we should be going out to embarrass them

Load of pish that post mate. He didn’t play 2 up top because theres about 2 decent teams in the world that play it. 

Its an outdated formation that can be picked apart easily unless you’re Atletico Madrid. 

This “stick 2 up top” does not make you more attacking. In fact 4-3-3 playing a high pressing game is infinitely more attacking.

20 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Lucky :lol:

we were shite but we had chances to win by 5 or 6. They literally hit the bar and that was it

Yes lucky. I don't know how that lot would have reacted to being pulled back last night, my guess is, not well.

We got a 2-0 win courtesy of a penalty but If we were even halfway as good as some people think then we would have had a better score than those cunts from Leith.

Instead of which we squandered numerous chances. A better team would have ripped us a new arsehole and we'd already be looking an early exit. Shkupi will probably score in Skopje, the big question is with only a few days to go can we become sharper in front of goal to outscore them? I think we will, but It's going to another edge of the seat splinters in the sphincter job.

9 minutes ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

WE were lucky that they were shite, which is his point.

Fruitloop Loyal.

We weren't lucky :lol:

no matter how good bad or indifferent they were Ffs. Like saying we were lucky it wasn't PSG we were playing. You can only go on the game not what might have been.

We had 5times the amount of attempts they did. They had 0 on target. We were poor but we won. We weren't lucky.

1 minute ago, big blue Fin said:

Yes lucky. I don't know how that lot would have reacted to being pulled back last night, my guess is, not well.

We got a 2-0 win courtesy of a penalty but If we were even halfway as good as some people think then we would have had a better score than those cunts from Leith.

Instead of which we squandered numerous chances. A better team would have ripped us a new arsehole and we'd already be looking an early exit. Shkupi will probably score in Skopje, the big question is with only a few days to go can we become sharper in front of goal to outscore them? I think we will, but It's going to another edge of the seat splinters in the sphincter job.

They'll not score 3 against us. Theyll have to come at us. We will score there. 

We were poor last night that's it 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

They'll not score 3 against us. Theyll have to come at us. We will score there. 

We were poor last night that's it 

Poor? We were fucking shite.

We were lucky that they were shite too. Our defence does look better, but I think they'll score first, probably from another dumb refereeing decision giving them a chance.

The fact that they'll still need goals will open them up, but like I said will Morelos and Windass be any better?

I was disappointed in our supposed high press. It was patchy at best, non-existent at worst. You have to have players that are prepared too not stop running if that is going to be effective, or else teams simply pass their  way through you easily.

It needs to improve if thats what we are implementing