First proper game but...

Amac9

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Some of the over-reactions on here are fucking mental! Heard a wee group of Ibrox first timers leaving the game the other night shouting pish about Gerrard has ruined us. Also must be incredibly difficult playing in front of a crowd who moan and groan every time a ball goes backwards or loose. 

We have played 1 full game ffs. We won by two goals and to be honest, if we had taken just 1 of the qaulity chances we made earlier then i think the flood gates would have opened and we would have rattled them. Give the lads a chance ffs.

Two words for you...

Progres Niedercorn 

2 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Some of the over-reactions on here are fucking mental! Heard a wee group of Ibrox first timers leaving the game the other night shouting pish about Gerrard has ruined us. Also must be incredibly difficult playing in front of a crowd who moan and groan every time a ball goes backwards or loose. 

We have played 1 full game ffs. We won by two goals and to be honest, if we had taken just 1 of the qaulity chances we made earlier then i think the flood gates would have opened and we would have rattled them. Give the lads a chance ffs.

We scored in the first half then im struggling to think of a shot on target for us until the penalty, the floodgates didnt open after our first, infact pur mentality after the first seemed to be less intense, almost as if the players thought "thats the first, this mob will roll over and let us score 6 now" 

9 hours ago, Bronzy said:

The last time we won by two goals in Europe was when we beat Werder Bremen 2-0 in the 2008 UEFA Cup run, sort of sums up how conservative Walter was in Europe :lol:

I think that scoreline summed up how shite the Bremen keeper was that night. I can't recall his name now, but he let in a couple of very soft goals. ?

On 13/07/2018 at 12:14, Amac9 said:

That's not a line up I want to see again. The defence looks a lot more assured which is a bonus. Flanagan being the solid stand out performer at LB for me. But in home games against poorer sides we should be going with John at LB as he gives us more going forward and more width on the left hand side.

McCrorie is too young and naive to be playing a holding role all by himself. At times he was pressing far too high up the pitch and leaving a huge gap in front of the back four and better teams will punish us. Thought it was a good move bringing on Jack just to give him a bit more assurances.

Candeias in the middle of the park is a no go. He's a winger who is good at getting crosses in. He's not a CM. Same for Windass on the right hand side. He's much better through the middle running in behind.

I'm not a huge fan of Morelos but feel he needs someone playing a lot closer to him. He's not exactly clinical in the box. 

Thought Arfield was very disappointing and never got into the game at all. Expected much better from him.

We've no idea what formation or players Gerrard will use but on last nights showing that formation and the players used will not get the best out of them.

Had the misfortune of seeing the taigs v standard at my father in laws. Didn’t see the whole game but we are dreaming if we think the side/performance will hold a candle to the bastards this season. 

Goldson and Katic are top signings. Not content with anybody else. Tav is a liability still and we never fucking learn.

28 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

@Mr Soprano @Rfc52

Ooh yes I shat it from the power of such intellectual giants as the pair of you.

And Soprano I'd rather be a Nazi than a taig any day of the week or either of you for that matter.

Now that is my final word on the pair of you.

Those two have previous for ganging up on posters.

Ignore them m8

8 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We scored in the first half then im struggling to think of a shot on target for us until the penalty, the floodgates didnt open after our first, infact pur mentality after the first seemed to be less intense, almost as if the players thought "thats the first, this mob will roll over and let us score 6 now" 

Were you at the same game? Morelos header, windass header, Murphy with a one on one with keeper where he squared it rather than shoot, the 1st attack of the 2nd half, the penalty shouts.....and so on.

Im not saying we were great and thought we didnt show enough intensity especially what we have been working on in winning the ball back but ffs we won. He has been here 6 weeks and has to gel new players in.

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

Were you at the same game? Morelos header, windass header, Murphy with a one on one with keeper where he squared it rather than shoot, the 1st attack of the 2nd half, the penalty shouts.....and so on.

Im not saying we were great and thought we didnt show enough intensity especially what we have been working on in winning the ball back but ffs we won. He has been here 6 weeks and has to gel new players in.

you literally named 4 attacks that we missed the target from ?

1 hour ago, big blue Fin said:

@Mr Soprano @Rfc52

Ooh yes I shat it from the power of such intellectual giants as the pair of you.

And Soprano I'd rather be a Nazi than a taig any day of the week or either of you for that matter.

Now that is my final word on the pair of you.

Shut up ya fucking cum slurping weirdo 

13 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I honestly think some of the safe backward passes are caused by the environment the fans create , “well they can’t blame me I’ve passed to a team mate” rips out of our play at times , bit irrelevant but I’ve played a Rangers charity foundation game on ibrox it’s fucking huge and right on top of you from the pitch , yeah they’re professionals but also human beings and have nowhere near the same mental strength a Rangers player of old had