Match Analysis

4 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Not going to properly judge this team until the Osijek games and the Aberdeen game, no point in doing otherwise tbh, still far too early.

Just find it funny reading posts saying that we were shite last night :lol:

Let's see what team we have come the 1st of September. 

Wasn’t at the Bury game but, watching it back on RTV,  Arfield seemed to be the MotM.  Was therefore really disappointed with his performance last night, he didn’t show up at all.

Middleton looked as if he might be the spark that we have been looking for to break down a packed defence.  Boy looks good but will reserve judgement to see if he can do similar when playing from the start, rather than a 15min cameo stint at the end of the match.

Morelos confidence looks absolutely shot, particularly on headed chances.  Badly needs to do an Ally and have a couple spin of the side of his head or his shoulder and end up in the back of the net.  

26 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Wasn’t at the Bury game but, watching it back on RTV,  Arfield seemed to be the MotM.  Was therefore really disappointed with his performance last night, he didn’t show up at all.

Middleton looked as if he might be the spark that we have been looking for to break down a packed defence.  Boy looks good but will reserve judgement to see if he can do similar when playing from the start, rather than a 15min cameo stint at the end of the match.

Morelos confidence looks absolutely shot, particularly on headed chances.  Badly needs to do an Ally and have a couple spin of the side of his head or his shoulder and end up in the back of the net.  

I think GM has looked good,  pacey and direct but it's v early days for him......remember Greg Wilde  was lauded as the next big thing and he turned out to be a flash in the pan

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Recorded the game on BT and just finished watching it there. 

1st Half

Defensively solid for 45 minutes bar one attempt for Shkupi which came back off the bar, apart from that our backline had nothing to trouble them. 

Going forward we were creating chances but with better composure we were heading into half time with the tie finished. Watching the game back Arfield was hardly in it, missed his runs into the box which we saw last Friday night. 

1-0 going into the break when it should've been more. 

2nd Half

Candeias comes off for Ryan Jack and we switch to a 3 at the back with McCrorie sitting in, pushing Tavernier and Flanagan further forward. Windass and Murphy move in more centrally. 

Arfield imo did next to nothing in the game, he gets replaced by Ejaria who goes on to have a good debut. 

Windass comes on for Middleton, at the game and particularly on here it did seem as though people were applauding because of who was coming off the pitch, but watching it back it's clear the cheers were because Middleton was coming on. 

I slated Windass last night but he didn't have a bad game after the second viewing , Middleton however was again different class and is a definite contender to start the return leg. 

Tav converts the penalty and the game is won. 

Now, a few things I want to point out. People on here saying McCrorie and Morelos were poor, what game were you watching? McCrorie never put a foot wrong and Morelos still needs help up front, he never scored a hat trick so he's back to being utter shite again? 

In the end a comfortable 2-0 victory, score early over there and we're into the next round. 

Send it on :UK:

Mate, I’ll have to go and watch the highlights then, cause I thought we were pish last night, although after 8 pints off peronni before I got to the stadium last night I might be wrong ??

4 minutes ago, Billythebear77 said:

Mate, I’ll have to go and watch the highlights then, cause I thought we were pish last night, although after 8 pints off peronni before I got to the stadium last night I might be wrong ??

I'm going to put it down to disappointment that we didn't put four or five past them. We certainly should have but at the end of the day we've got a two goal lead and a clean sheet going into the return leg. 

Job is half done. 

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Recorded the game on BT and just finished watching it there. 

1st Half

Defensively solid for 45 minutes bar one attempt for Shkupi which came back off the bar, apart from that our backline had nothing to trouble them. 

Going forward we were creating chances but with better composure we were heading into half time with the tie finished. Watching the game back Arfield was hardly in it, missed his runs into the box which we saw last Friday night. 

1-0 going into the break when it should've been more. 

2nd Half

Candeias comes off for Ryan Jack and we switch to a 3 at the back with McCrorie sitting in, pushing Tavernier and Flanagan further forward. Windass and Murphy move in more centrally. 

Arfield imo did next to nothing in the game, he gets replaced by Ejaria who goes on to have a good debut. 

Windass comes on for Middleton, at the game and particularly on here it did seem as though people were applauding because of who was coming off the pitch, but watching it back it's clear the cheers were because Middleton was coming on. 

I slated Windass last night but he didn't have a bad game after the second viewing , Middleton however was again different class and is a definite contender to start the return leg. 

Tav converts the penalty and the game is won. 

Now, a few things I want to point out. People on here saying McCrorie and Morelos were poor, what game were you watching? McCrorie never put a foot wrong and Morelos still needs help up front, he never scored a hat trick so he's back to being utter shite again? 

In the end a comfortable 2-0 victory, score early over there and we're into the next round. 

Send it on :UK:

That's one of the reasons I always watch an OF game loss back 

You miss so much being at the game 

1 hour ago, Geo17 said:

It is actually quite funny I watched it back on Rangers TV and it seemed that Windass played pretty well. He was chasing down everything and should have scored at least two goals. Last night I had totally given up on the guy.

This, I felt from watching at the stadium that we were dreadful and left disappointed but relieved.

watched the game back on BT and thought we did fine for a first competitive game and Windass in particular had a better game than I realised, we could have killed the tie in the first half and they had next to nothing all game.

finishing is usually the last thing to come in pre-season so it’s to be expected. Feel much happier about it today, perhaps I was blinkered by the pre-match expectations which were in hindsight a bit over the top.

My overall opinion off the game was that we looked good at the back and we know we have a solid keeper in McGregor, the CB's looked good with the Croatian boy being a solid defender with Goldson looking more adventurous and did some nice long passes, I think the season will pan out with the Croatian boy picking up the slack at the back so Goldson can push forward.

People complain about Tav going forward but tbh without him going forward we would lose most of our attacking play, Flanagan I thought had a decent game and looks more a defender than Wallace and John. Candias should have been on the right as he and Tav link up well.

McRorie is CDM and will rarely be MoTM, I would have preferred Docherty as he can push forward better. 

Windass is shite, missed a couple of good chances much the same as last year, we need people who can put chances away and not have 2, 3, or 4 glorious misses per game. 

Morelos is a great player but his shooting is on a par with a defender of defensive midfielder, Morelos should be played alongside or behind a main striker as he isn't a goal scorer.

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

We want McCrorie to do the exact same job Scott Brown does for celtic.  Brown has one of the highest pass completion rates in the league every year because he's doesn't over complicate things when brining it out from the back and he almost never ventures forward or shoots at goal.  McCrorie is doing okay defensively but he's venturing a bit too far forward at times, lost possession with some stray passing, and had a wild long range shot at goal.  It's probably just inexperience but McCrorie needs to be more disciplined when bringing the ball out from defense and just keep it as simple as possible.  On a more positive note, he seems to do the defensive side of it quite well although he wont really be tested on that front until we face tougher opposition.  

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

We want McCrorie to do the exact same job Scott Brown does for celtic.  Brown has one of the highest pass completion rates in the league every year because he's doesn't over complicate things when brining it out from the back and he almost never ventures forward or shoots at goal.  McCrorie is doing okay defensively but he's venturing a bit too far forward at times, lost possession with some stray passing, and had a wild long range shot at goal.  It's probably just inexperience but McCrorie needs to be more disciplined when bringing the ball out from defense and just keep it as simple as possible.  On a more positive note, he seems to do the defensive side of it quite well although he wont really be tested on that front until we face tougher opposition.  

If it's no milwall forums you're talking about tarriers, you're on here talking about them. Gonae gee it a by ffs

Just now, Rfc52 said:

If it's no milwall forums you're talking about tarriers, you're on here talking about them. Gonae gee it a by ffs

Scott Brown is an archetype for the role we want MCCrorie to play in our team.  It's just an example no need to get upset about it and completely miss the point. 

3 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I totally agree with you about Ejaria BTW.  He looked better than Arfield when he came on and was linking play in midfield very well.  I'd rather him starting in there than Jack or Candeias.  

15 minutes ago, TMB said:

Scott Brown is an archetype for the role we want MCCrorie to play in our team.  It's just an example no need to get upset about it and completely miss the point. 

There's millions of teams and players you could make comparisons with is. Leave the slevering over papes for.yer milwall forum

Ejaria looked way too cumbersome he’s very lethargic looking with no urgency or pace - he might be suited well to a team in another league but he will get banjoed in the Scottish league and go into hiding right away - bet anyone anything he won’t be suited to us 

Morelos was poor, I don’t see how you can say otherwise. Maybe he does need help up front, but that doesn’t explain the constant offsides and squandering of chances when they do come. All the negative attributes that were blamed on fatigue at the end of the season were back with a vengeance.