***Rangers Goalscorers and Assists Tables 2018/19***

Broxi

It's important to recognise how good a result and performance today has been. 

If we lost the forums would be full of questions aimed at Gerrard but the fact we have so confortablt beat one of the better teams in the league so consistantly is another mark of improvement. Well done Stevie and the lads.

On 20/04/2019 at 13:51, Malkytfp1 said:

It's important to recognise how good a result and performance today has been. 

If we lost the forums would be full of questions aimed at Gerrard but the fact we have so confortablt beat one of the better teams in the league so consistantly is another mark of improvement. Well done Stevie and the lads.

Almost like it goes without acknowledgment. Or worse, it doesn't matter as the pressure is off bollocks whereas a defeat would have been cast against them. 

Need to keep it going, but we've got nothing to fear if we play as well in the next 4 games. If we win all of them, they'll deserve due credit.

2 hours ago, Broxi said:

Rangers 2-0 celtic - Scottish Premiership, Matchday 37

Goals: James Tavernier, Scott Arfield

Assists: Ryan Kent, Glen Kamara

Defoe should get half the assist for that second goal for conning the celtic defence and letting the ball go through his legs.

2 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

Defoe should get half the assist for that second goal for conning the celtic defence and letting the ball go through his legs.

Technically can't give him anything but I'm going to change the rules for assists next season I think. Probably going to take out assists for winning freekicks and introduce a "key passes" concept for passes which create the chance even if it wasn't the absolute final pass to the goal. 

9 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Technically can't give him anything but I'm going to change the rules for assists next season I think. Probably going to take out assists for winning freekicks and introduce a "key passes" concept for passes which create the chance even if it wasn't the absolute final pass to the goal. 

I was only kidding. Wouldn't quibble with anything in the thread - it's something I check often before or after a game to keep an eye on these. Glad you're keeping up the good work next season.

Just now, Aubie92 said:

I was only kidding. Wouldn't quibble with anything in the thread - it's something I check often before or after a game to keep an eye on these. Glad you're keeping up the good work next season.

Aha but still. Like if a player gets fouled 30 yards out when he wasn't really up to anything and Tav happens to bang in the freekick I thing it's kind of a false stat for the fouled player. Next season I'm going to make it so that if a player is awarded an assist it's because they actually created something or played a key part in a goal. 

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

Aha but still. Like if a player gets fouled 30 yards out when he wasn't really up to anything and Tav happens to bang in the freekick I thing it's kind of a false stat for the fouled player. Next season I'm going to make it so that if a player is awarded an assist it's because they actually created something or played a key part in a goal. 

I get what you mean. There was a period earlier this season where Kent didn't have many assists or goals in most official stats, but he was winning us free kicks that led to goals or sparked off a movement that led to a goal, or dragged a defender out of position. 

On 08/04/2019 at 18:00, Leeds_Bear said:

21 assists from Tav is fucking ridiculous. Brilliant numbers. 

Id love to see his overall stats since he joined, apps, goals and assists.

He's by far the best full back in the league including Tierney, and he's only 27

8 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Assists 

Its just a lot of crap

They are paid fortunes to play football 

It stands to reason. They actually make a few passes for players to score goals 

:lol: You’ve some weird take on that. Could just say the exact same nonsense about goals or clean sheets.

Probably worth looking at stats comparatively to see how a player does against his rival multimillionaire peers. 

5 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

:lol: You’ve some weird take on that. Could just say the exact same nonsense about goals or clean sheets.

Probably worth looking at stats comparatively to see how a player does against his rival multimillionaire peers. 

It's just about winners and losers for me mate .

All the other shite is for the statisticians and for the average players that like using all that crap to get their value up :whistle: