Thomas Cook

K.A.I

My mate was saying last night that TNS from Wales we’re playing in Skopje last night but Thomas Cook were able to put on a flight for them literally days before one for us would have been needed 

Obviously I’m not an aviation logistics manager or a travel agent, however if they can get for them? 

Even if they gave an option (assuming they can only source a jet from their end) a coach down and get the flight from there? The flight might have even left from Liverpool or Manchester which is an easy 3.5h coach trip from Glasgow 

Just don’t understand it - can a handful of TNS fans be able to cover the financial outlay they used as an excuse, but a couple of hundred Bears can’t?

Pretty sure if there was money in if for them they'd have done it. None of us know the ins and outs 're aircraft availability etc but we do know businesses don't knock back profit, especially when in a new business partnership. I'd take it at face value tbh.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Pretty sure if there was money in if for them they'd have done it. None of us know the ins and outs 're aircraft availability etc but we do know businesses don't knock back profit, especially when in a new business partnership. I'd take it at face value tbh.

The point is, how much money or profit do you think they made with TNS?

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

They are taking the piss, be interesting what they charge for other teams, if the dufference is the same I cannot see a need for complaint overall as they are ripping everybody off across the board and that makes them money. Fuck it bus to Macedonia, £150 a head, twenty years ago I would have done it just for the journey! These days the 'regular' fan is shelling out much more as a % of their wage, does my nut in.

5 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I think it's likely more about availability of planes. Could be gearing up for English school hols the week after next, probably lots of variables we haven't a clue about.

How many seats were there on the tns one? Was it full? How much did they charge? What profit or loss do you think they made? How long have they known about the tns fuxture / ours? Why do you think they'd fail to deliver if they could for a new partner?

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I think it's likely more about availability of planes.

How many seats were there on the tns one? Was it full? How much did they charge? What profit or loss do you think they made? How long have they known about the tns fuxture / ours? Why do you think they'd fail to deliver if they could for a new partner?

Tns fixture was drawn the day before us iirc. But I agree with the rest 

12 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I think it's likely more about availability of planes. Could be gearing up for English school hols the week after next, probably lots of variables we haven't a clue about.

We are not a new partner? 

Have we not used TC before. 

13 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Hence why I said in my op that you could have at least gave a option on running a coach to Wales Liverpool or Manchester if they can only source planes from down there 

I’ve no idea how much profit they made off TNS or what they charged them but do you honestly think they could justify (business wise) taking a group of them to the same place but not us? Something isn’t right imo 

maybe I am reading too much into it but I’d like to know the answers to the questions I’ve poised as I’ve not heard one thing that makes me go “aww fair enough Thomas Cook”

4 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

KAI I think the TNS one was the team flight with fans using seats 

either way it was the club who put out statements about it being very expensive, but they never gave us the choice 

I don’t doubt that might have been the case but as you say give us the choice as TNS fans got out there with them 

1 hour ago, kplfishtank said:

We are not a new partner? 

Have we not used TC before. 

A renewed partnership may be more accurate but club describe as new.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://Rangers.co.uk/news/club/gers-partner-with-thomas-cook-sport/&ved=2ahUKEwjeiYL6iZ7cAhWMC8AKHWmqAu4QFjACegQIABAB&usg=AOvVaw3aZMezc8Wq_tLj6K-YhmXD

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Hence why I said in my op that you could have at least gave a option on running a coach to Wales Liverpool or Manchester if they can only source planes from down there 

I’ve no idea how much profit they made off TNS or what they charged them but do you honestly think they could justify (business wise) taking a group of them to the same place but not us? Something isn’t right imo 

maybe I am reading too much into it but I’d like to know the answers to the questions I’ve poised as I’ve not heard one thing that makes me go “aww fair enough Thomas Cook”

Paranoid :wow:.?

Personally I  don't think there's much in it but you're right to query with the club, and KPLs point about not even offering and making the decision for supporters is a fair one.

9 hours ago, K.A.I said:

My mate was saying last night that TNS from Wales we’re playing in Skopje last night but Thomas Cook were able to put on a flight for them literally days before one for us would have been needed 

Obviously I’m not an aviation logistics manager or a travel agent, however if they can get for them? 

Even if they gave an option (assuming they can only source a jet from their end) a coach down and get the flight from there? The flight might have even left from Liverpool or Manchester which is an easy 3.5h coach trip from Glasgow 

Just don’t understand it - can a handful of TNS fans be able to cover the financial outlay they used as an excuse, but a couple of hundred Bears can’t?

Well your dear friend Al Capone used to be an aviation logistics manager.... though it wasn’t called that in my day.

if they are saying they don’t have a plane available then I believe them: why wouldn’t they want to earn? The challenge is it’s the height of the holiday season and across Europe most charter planes are booked 100% so very difficult to get a plane...whilst many teams in the Europa League qualifiers are trying to get one meaning anything feee will be at a premium. if you can source one it’s likely to be free in say Brussels as an example. It then has to fly from Brussels to Glasgow empty, fly to Macedonia, fly back to Brussels empty, fly to Macedonia empty , fly fans home to Glasgow, fly to Brussels empty. So 6 flights and 4 of them empty making it a very costly excercise. They would have been able to get a plane but more than likely the cost involved would have made it prohibitive to earning a profit and one that people would buy.

once you hit late October charter planes are parked at airport doing nothing so they are desperate to hire them out, lower prices. Glasgow will typically have 2-3 planes parked so no dead flying to get to Glasgow as the planes here, it’s also not needed  for other flights so can sit unused at the destination for a couple of dates. No dead legs wth empty planes reduces the prices.

The dates TNT fans were looking at must have been lucky enough to have an aircraft free in the area.

4 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

Well your dear friend Al Capone used to be an aviation logistics manager.... though it wasn’t called that in my day.

if they are saying they don’t have a plane available then I believe them: why wouldn’t they want to earn? The challenge is it’s the height of the holiday season and across Europe most charter planes are booked 100% so very difficult to get a plane...whilst many teams in the Europa League qualifiers are trying to get one meaning anything feee will be at a premium. if you can source one it’s likely to be free in say Brussels as an example. It then has to fly from Brussels to Glasgow empty, fly to Macedonia, fly back to Brussels empty, fly to Macedonia empty , fly fans home to Glasgow, fly to Brussels empty. So 6 flights and 4 of them empty making it a very costly excercise. They would have been able to get a plane but more than likely the cost involved would have made it prohibitive to earning a profit and one that people would buy.

once you hit late October charter planes are parked at airport doing nothing so they are desperate to hire them out, lower prices. Glasgow will typically have 2-3 planes parked so no dead flying to get to Glasgow as the planes here, it’s also not needed  for other flights so can sit unused at the destination for a couple of dates. No dead legs wth empty planes reduces the prices.

The dates TNT fans were looking at must have been lucky enough to have an aircraft free in the area.

They said they had limited craft available but it wasn’t cost effective for what they could source - but they could do a deal for TNS a few days earlier? 

Or are the windows so tight that even a few days difference can make that much of a difference to price?

19 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

They said they had limited craft available but it wasn’t cost effective for what they could source - but they could do a deal for TNS a few days earlier? 

Or are the windows so tight that even a few days difference can make that much of a difference to price?

There’s no window, it’s just when there is a plane free that they can get it for a good price. Also the flight from Glasgo is around 4 hours so you need to have an aircraft free for around 10 hours in the middle of peak holiday season. TNT May just have been lucky. I chartered a plane for a Scottish football team 30 years ago to go to Cyprus, from memory it cost nearly £400 a seat return as it had to fly empty legs to and from Cyprus. The club had to charter it anyway to get there and they sold seats to fans to fill it up and sold them at less than half the cost just to get some money back. Might be happening with TNT

12 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Was it really just for them or did they have an aircraft already going on that route that had spare seating available, we don't really know.

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

And here you'd think with 2000 people potentially, that the louden would be able to get a flight no bother

My thoughts exactly....... Then again why go all the way to Macedonia when you can watch the game in a perfectly good Glasgow pub with a free pie thrown in ?