*****Official Shkupi vs Rangers thread*****

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In short massive, massive investment is needed, the defence is better but over-rated because of how bad the attack is.

We still only have 2/3 players who have any right to be anywhere near a Rangers squad, Candeias, Tav, Morelos, Windass can shove their stats up their arse, we can find so much better.

Gerrards downfall will be his faith in Tav, Morelos and Windass, if the league was half decent their stats would be absolutely fucking woeful and it wouldn't be up for debate.

Unless we bring in serious quality we are still due several gubbings

Just now, Coplander2 said:

Yes and yes.  do you ever analyse a game beyond getting through a pish easy tie against a team that'd struggle in the SPL?

I watched my team get embarrassed last year by a side who would struggle in the spl so aye knockout football is about getting through. 

They passed their way through the middle of us with ease at times, lots of work needing done in middle of the park.  

Tav just invites problems down his side & the usual suspects seriously need to improve their mentality on the park.  

Clean sheet a big positive.  

I'm not happy with SG tbh 

He watched us last season and he knew the players that were here and weren't doing it 

He has had months to find better players than the ones brought it 

creativity ,strikers ,system 

He has focused on our defence .Time will tell on that one .You only find that out in the bigger games 

We knew Arfield and Geegs were frees well before he came in 

Not panicking but I'm just majorly pissed off ,we are going to start the new season with 3/4 of the biggest wasters ever to wear our colours .That is my feeling 

If we had won the night .I would have felt the same 

We are absolutely miles short 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Ffs.

Coulibaly couldn't be registered and arfield is injured. He will barely feature or be away very soon.

It's full of demented fannies on here  honestly

Pretty sure there is another later registration date with some rules about home based players but that won't affect us. 

@Rfc52

No offence but you were making the same excuses at the start of last Season, and how did that turn out?

From middle to front we are absolutely atrocious and if we struggle to break down them, then we're fucked against the majority of SPL sides.

We cannot afford to make the same mistakes as last Season. 

I want to win the League. That will not happen this Season unless we demand a better player. 

Accept what we have out on the pitch tonight and I guarantee you we'll be fighting it out for 2nd, 3rd or 4th. Again.  

Just now, ben51 said:

@Rfc52

No offence but you were making the same excuses at the start of last Season, and how did that turn out?

From middle to front we are absolutely atrocious and if we struggle to break down them, then we're fucked against the majority of SPL sides.

I want to win the League. That will not happen this Season unless we demand a better player. 

Accept what we have out on the pitch tonight and I guarantee you we'll be fighting it out for 2nd, 3rd or 4th. Again.  

Same excuses? I was fucking fuming after progress 

Btw you also seem to be going down the hysterical route. Who said I've accepted that middle to front?

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

He watched us last season and he knew the players that were here and weren't doing it 

He has focused on our defence .Time will tell on that one .You only find that out in the bigger games 

Not panicking but I'm just majorly pissed off ,we are going to start the new season with 3/4 of the biggest wasters ever to wear our colours .That is my feeling 

Not often I disagree with you - but I do here.

Just now, ben51 said:

After the first game.

Fuck man sorry I didn't go tonto. 

I'll try it next time.

Poor Gerrard when a team better than us eventually put us out possibly next round but more than likely qr3 

Because if he reads this he will be wondering wtf is going on.

18 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Played in nearly 90 degree heat. Seen it out easy enough. Should've won by 2 or 3 however McGregor has proven what a good goalie brings you with 2 Good saves.

Alfredo needs a spell on the side and I think windass was coming into the game when he went off and thought he was better than Murphy.

End of the day these early rounds are brutal. Osijek drew 1-1 with a wide from Moldova after humping psv last season. 

I'm glad we are through but there will be much much better performances and many worse no doubt over the season.

Nice to see a bit of common sense among all the hysteria.

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

He will know fine well who the wasters are and what needs done,the problem with shifting them and buy quality replacements will be no one will want the wasters so will be hard to shift and the quality replacements require money.

Just now, DBBTB said:

Nice to see a bit of common sense among all the hysteria.

Fuck I seem to have this all wrong.

Not to mention the fact that when all our players are available that won't be our first 11 either but we really should all go tonto here. It's the only way.

Even if we had an established side that were doing well in the league I would welcome a turgid 2 leg euro affair as long as we got through to the next round. We managed it and let's hope we improve going forward.

We really have to realise there's a long way to go and give the manager our support. People saying the manager hasn't got it need to get themselves a pair of balls and strap themselves in for the ride. You think a few new signings coupled with the players that let us down last season should suddenly be hammering every team in every game? Nonsense!  We needed to see an improvement and so far we have if measuring against last season. We have also seen the players that haven't improved.

Too many passengers in the side and I'm as critical as anyone but unfortunately we need to give it time. 

4 minutes ago, ben51 said:

@Rfc52

Mate, you know  that's nothing like who'll be in our nidfield for the rest of the season. People aren't accepting what we have on that pitch tonight so much as recognising that fact. 

How can we judge the Gerrard team when we haven't even seen anything close to it ye? (except the back five, which had two clean sheets).

4 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Way too sensible mate, it’s crackpot Central on here.

Whilst some of the Private Fraser Loyal have some justification in their concerns, it is waaaay too early to start panicking ala Corporal Jones.

We are through, our defence looks fairly solid and despite anything else about him, Shagger is a quality keeper. He will be vital for us in the coming months.

Just remember how we felt this time last year before hitting the panic button, we were at no time in any danger of losing this tie.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Mental the overreactions on here today. We’re managing the game. No need to go toe to toe with them. 

Defence looks solid. Add to the fact that we’ll see 4 or 5 changes when we integrate new signings middle to front. 

Not worth getting our knickers in a twist. 

You honestly think so maybe some are not as happy to accept Mediocrity.  

Still, need to bin the shite from last season.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Mate, you know  that's nothing like who'll be in our nidfield for the rest of the season. People aren't accepting what we have on that pitch tonight so much as recognising that fact. 

How can we judge the Gerrard team when we haven't even seen anything close to it ye? (except the back five, which had two clean sheets).

Pretty much my point mate ?

Archived