*****Official Shkupi vs Rangers thread*****

5 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I watched my team get embarrassed last year by a side who would struggle in the spl so aye knockout football is about getting through. 

And i said I get your point.  My point is that these two games have been way below what anyone of us would expect or demand.  I cant see a system or plan or style of play.  Two goals yes, one from a goalie howler and the other a soft pen.  We were carved open three times over 180 minutes.  Players that failed last season still playing and failing.  I wont go on, lets just celebrate a 0-0 away from home and going through.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We weren't great today but all the cunts saying how horrific we were middle to front last season  seem to have forgot that we actually outscored the champions and had the best attack in the league but terrible defence.

It's pretty obvious to me that a manager would come in and start building from the  back in they circumstances. Some right roasters on here.

Give it time to click ffs, there will be plenty more changes to come 

1 minute ago, Coplander2 said:

And i said I get your point.  My point is that these two games have been way below what anyone of us would expect or demand.  I cant see a system or plan or style of play.  Two goals yes, one from a goalie howler and the other a soft pen.  We were carved open three times over 180 minutes.  Players that failed last season still playing and failing.  I wont go on, lets just celebrate a 0-0 away from home and going through.

Aye 

Should make your way to mine mate. I've just ordered a party back. Am celebrating big time here.

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Fuck man sorry I didn't go tonto. 

I'll try it next time.

Poor Gerrard when a team better than us eventually put us out possibly next round but more than likely qr3 

Because if he reads this he will be wondering wtf is going on.

That mob from Croatia beat PSV home and away last season, but if we don't beat them there'll be a full blown riot on here. 

Cunts are fucking clueless man, what happened to giving Gerrard and the players time? Two competitive games in through to the next round with bare minimum effort needed to advance, and the greeting is still going on :lol:

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

That mob from Croatia beat PSV home and away last season, but if we don't beat them there'll be a full blown riot on here. 

Cunts are fucking clueless man, what happened to giving Gerrard and the players time? Two competitive games in through to the next round with bare minimum effort needed to advance, and the greeting is still going on :lol:

Yup and they've just drawn with a side from Moldova called petroclub or some shite. Probably 11 guys fae a local petrol station. These early games are about getting through, fuck all else.

We beat bury on here and everyone thinks we could win all 4 trophies. We go through a 2 legged tie 2-0 albeit hardly the best and we may be scrapping relegation with st mirren

Goalie, 2 CH and LB all new signings, 2 clean sheets. Thats stage 1 complete. Possibly another CH to come.

I think what today showed is that Sadiq and Coulibaly are starters. We need a creative midfielder and a finisher badly.

There really does need to be a bit of realism on here. I'm remember shitting myself against the dross of Europe in the July qualifiers with a settled, international squad.

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Think Ben's developed managerophopia because of the last 7 years.

Poor fella.

Potentially. 

But I know when we've seen shite.

And at Ibrox and tonight I think we've been shite.

Gerrard hasn't filled my hopes with promises about midfielders coming in as he says we're 'heavy in the middle of the park'. 

I'm only raging because I've seen it all before and I'm fucking desperate to stop these tarrier bastards winning another League. 

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Aye but Hibs beat Faroese part-timers by a bigger margin so we're doomed.

4 minutes ago, Coplander2 said:

If you can’t see the system I’m afraid you aren’t looking close enough mate 

tonight was about game management nothing more 

22 minutes ago, jim beam said:

He will know fine well who the wasters are and what needs done,the problem with shifting them and buy quality replacements will be no one will want the wasters so will be hard to shift and the quality replacements require money.

I understand that but I would have liked better replacements than the ones we have 

When SG was appointed manager 

If you knew what we have signed then .I think most of us would have felt disappointed 

Still plenty of time to get some more in .I think but we better or else 

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

100% mate - admin must filter thru many of the posts on this thread and get many of them to fuck.

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Yup and they've just drawn with a side from Moldova called petroclub or some shite. Probably 11 guys fae a local petrol station. These early games are about getting through, fuck all else.

We beat bury on here and everyone thinks we could win all 4 trophies. We go through a 2 legged tie 2-0 albeit hardly the best and we may be scrapping relegation with st mirren

Just now, Bronzy said:

Aye but Hibs beat Faroese part-timers by a bigger margin so we're doomed.

Think it was @Sket that coined it perfectly.

FlipFlopMedia. 

Just now, kaiser1041 said:

If you can’t see the system I’m afraid you aren’t looking close enough mate 

tonight was about game management nothing more 

I hope you're right.  We're through anyways

We're through which is all that matters at this stage of the season. The team/manager can't really be judged until October at the earliest. The over reaction  by some is laughable especially in a tie we've won.

3 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

100% mate - admin must filter thru many of the posts on this thread and get many of them to fuck.

For having an opinion and being disappointed at a lackluster performance? No one is calling for heads to roll. If anything the over exaggeration is coming from people like you.

The team doesn't look great, we're a bit boring to watch and there's a few players who really shouldn't still be here but the bigger picture is that we've just got through a European tie and kept a clean sheet over the 2 legs in the process against a team that, like it or not, could have been a potential banana skin for us.

First games out the road with minimum fuss and a clean sheet. 

Next round will be a bigger challenge I’m sure of that. 

All good so far, defence looks hugely improved on and team looks a wee bit better organised but still a way to go  hopefully time will tell  

BUT

Andy Halliday coming on makes me question SG 

3 minutes ago, CooperSF said:

Spot on.

Shite final third. Good to hear that we will improve in the final third but tonight he was annoyed with the quality there. Doesn't sound overly happy so I'm.delighted with that 

Game management superb.

Through and that's it.

18 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I'm not happy with SG tbh 

He watched us last season and he knew the players that were here and weren't doing it 

He has had months to find better players than the ones brought it 

creativity ,strikers ,system 

He has focused on our defence .Time will tell on that one .You only find that out in the bigger games 

We knew Arfield and Geegs were frees well before he came in 

Not panicking but I'm just majorly pissed off ,we are going to start the new season with 3/4 of the biggest wasters ever to wear our colours .That is my feeling 

If we had won the night .I would have felt the same 

We are absolutely miles short 

Success is made on building from the back. I'd bet Fod would've let in the 1st half save in that McGregor made easily never mind the 2nd half save (that I never saw cause the link was down but heard it was a good one). SG has been in the job a matter of weeks and he HAS made improvements. The main players that are letting us down are not the ones the manager signed. That has got to be good.

Archived