*****Official Shkupi vs Rangers thread*****

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

Half the folk on RM criticising Tav for lacking defensive skills while being good going forward, others are attacking Flanagan who looks sound defensively for not offering enough in attack,

I want my defenders to defend. We leave the fullback areas open time and time again that's why I'm glad Flanagan stayed back this game (I'm still to be won over by him btw).

If we are to encourage Tav and Flanagan to be wingbacks we need another CB so the 3 at the back can cover the wingback who is missing cause they've been involved in an attack. We don't have the right player formation to have 2 wingbacks running forward at the moment.

Just now, eejay the dj said:

We can't all be measured and and calm like your good self 52 ?

I'm no calm and realise we must improve but some.of the posts on here the night. Fuck me.

The window isn't anywhere near closed yet so I'm not going to go nuts despite us going through.

These early rounds of the EL are absolutely desperate. West ham, Psv, Ajax, Rosenberg, us and a few other big European names have been knocked out early on. Fuck the team we are expected to play and who humped psv are tied the now with a Moldovan side. It's a lottery.

We need to improve. We need a creative midfielder, a ball winner and a striker. We really need it in fact. But there's time for that to happen. If this was September I'd get it but it's still pre season basically

First of all the 'cric -stream' was the best I have had and could see the game probably too well at times. 

The most important thing is we are through to the next round.

I have not read all this thread but I can kinda understand the concerns of some and the other view that it is just the second game of the season opinions.

I think what we have seen over the two games is the players that were not great the last few games of last season have so far not improved. The midfield tonight I hope will not be starting on a regular basis or we are in trouble. I think it is safe to say SG is no fool and will know that by now. The forward three were not good again and as with the midfield they will surely not be our main starters.

If SG gets in the players he needs, some are already here thankfully, then hopefully the next game will be better. So not a good watch tonight but I am looking forward to seeing new players improving our starting 11.

45 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

In short massive, massive investment is needed, the defence is better but over-rated because of how bad the attack is.

We still only have 2/3 players who have any right to be anywhere near a Rangers squad, Candeias, Tav, Morelos, Windass can shove their stats up their arse, we can find so much better.

Gerrards downfall will be his faith in Tav, Morelos and Windass, if the league was half decent their stats would be absolutely fucking woeful and it wouldn't be up for debate.

Unless we bring in serious quality we are still due several gubbings

Well said m8. The stat twats will be all over you now. Not a fuckin clue or a brain between them.

33 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Think it was @Sket that coined it perfectly.

FlipFlopMedia. 

The same Sket who thinks Steven Gerrard was the wrong appointment?

Posters are perfectly entitled to their opinions and are allowed to be overly concerned considering our recent performances under this board. Especially with a Manager who has less experience than Murty.

10 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I'm no calm and realise we must improve but some.of the posts on here the night. Fuck me.

The window isn't anywhere near closed yet so I'm not going to go nuts despite us going through.

These early rounds of the EL are absolutely desperate. West ham, Psv, Ajax, Rosenberg, us and a few other big European names have been knocked out early on. Fuck the team we are expected to play and who humped psv are tied the now with a Moldovan side. It's a lottery.

We need to improve. We need a creative midfielder, a ball winner and a striker. We really need it in fact. But there's time for that to happen. If this was September I'd get it but it's still pre season basically

All that makes sense . Not been checking the other scores . All these teams knocked out this season ?

Was hoping Rosenberg would get the beggars

Just now, ben51 said:

The same Sket who thinks Steven Gerrard was the wrong appointment?

Posters are perfectly entitled to their opinions and are allowed to be overly concerned considering our recent performances under this board. Especially with a Manager who has less experience than Murty.

I still think he was wrong tbh. He might end up amazing but for what we need right now I don't believe he's what we needed.

However his start on the defence and his post match interview the night gives me some.hope

Just now, eejay the dj said:

All that makes sense . Not been checking the other scores . All these teams knocked out this season ?

Was hoping Rosenberg would get the beggars

No mate just over the last few Europa league seasons.

Rosenberg lost their first leg last week 1-0 to some Icelandic mob I believe.

They play the taigs if they go through 

Disappointed in that performance but good to hear the manager acknowledging our deficiencies. We need alternatives to Windass and Morelos, who was shite tonight.  He can't hold the ball up and bring others into the game, plus he didn't score. If we get any offers for him over what we paid he should be punted, has a head like a threepenny bit as well.

Just now, Rfc52 said:

I still think he was wrong tbh. He might end up amazing but for what we need right now I don't believe he's what we needed.

However his start on the defence and his post match interview the night gives me some.hope

Can you not understand that we've heard all that shite being talked before by even more experienced Managers than Gerrard? 

Have we not learnt that what matters is on the pitch? Against the 4th best side in Macedonia, 'pre season friendly' or not I don't think it was good enough. 

I think he backs a lot of the shite players who are the problem and is already making the mistakes previous made before him.

There is 100% a right for fans to be concerned. Thats my problem with your point of view.

1 minute ago, ben51 said:

Can you not understand that we've heard all that shite being talked before by even more experienced Managers than Gerrard? 

Have we not learnt that what matters is on the pitch? Against the 4th best side in Macedonia, 'pre season friendly' or not I don't think it was good enough. 

I think he backs a lot of the shite players who are the problem and is already making the mistakes previous made before him.

There is 100% a right for fans to be concerned. Thats my problem with your point of view.

I've never once heard out managers recently slaughter the final third play.

I've said I'm.concerned with stuff but some of the shite on here is mental.

I've seen us play a lot better in Europe and lose.

We looked like we had a game plan and stuck to it. We were never going to go there trying to press them and chase every ball, we didn't have to.

I would've taken the draw before the match tbh, especially after last year.

5 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

No mate just over the last few Europa league seasons.

Rosenberg lost their first leg last week 1-0 to some Icelandic mob I believe.

They play the taigs if they go through 

Cheers for the update mate . I think I would probably want Rosenberg to go through . Not that will make much difference

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Cheers for the update mate . I think I would probably want Rosenberg to go through . Not that will make much difference

I think theyre pretty poor these days sadly 

Just now, Rfc52 said:

I've never once heard out managers recently slaughter the final third play.

I've said I'm.concerned with stuff but some of the shite on here is mental.

We were constantly told by Warburton that we needed to improve our final third as did Murty.

"Warburton said on Sky Sports 1 after the match: "I think there were positives in terms of dominating the football and having lots of possession, but we knew they would come here and be well organised and frustrate.

"We just maybe lacked a bit of bravery, a bit of quality in the final third, we should have played the forward pass earlier and trusted ourselves."

From the first game of the Season 2 years ago. Essentially the same as Gerrard now. I could pick out plenty more quotes..

It all depends what you interpret as shite, but Ibrox new last week it wasn't good enough and tonight we've bundled ourselves over the line. 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

To be fair mate I heard the same comments last year after Progres. Obviously the results are completely different but similar performances IMO. 

Miller/Niko won't be starting, neither will Bates when Alves comes in, Waghorn will be away. Rossiter, Jack and Dalcio will only improve. Cardoso looks good etc.. Yet the season was another disaster!

Its hard for us pessimists to be encouraged by displays like tonight when its something we have seen before and unfortunately were correct about previous managers/players.

Hopefully this time Ben, myself and others are completely incorrect but I'm far from convinced we have the players and manager to take us forward. 

I've said as much bit you've got to give it time. It's 3 games in 1 friendly and 2 el ties.

We will be changing manager every 4 weeks at this rate. We need to.see where we are come.the end of the window. Surely that's no too.much to ask?

2 minutes ago, ben51 said:

We were constantly told by Warburton that we needed to improve our final third as did Murty.

"Warburton said on Sky Sports 1 after the match: "I think there were positives in terms of dominating the football and having lots of possession, but we knew they would come here and be well organised and frustrate.

"We just maybe lacked a bit of bravery, a bit of quality in the final third, we should have played the forward pass earlier and trusted ourselves."

From the first game of the Season 2 years ago. Essentially the same as Gerrard now. I could pick out plenty more quotes..

It all depends what you interpret as shite, but Ibrox new last week it wasn't good enough and tonight we've bundled ourselves over the line. 

What Warburton said doesn't ring the same as what Gerrard has said imo

Archived